tearing-jaguar09

I-130 approved. Now for DS-260

3 posts in this topic

Hey. So, few days ago my I-130 got approved so now I started preparing for DS-260. I have went through DS-260 exampler and i have some questions. 

1. Address History 

I have had the same address (address 1) for my entire life, never had move to a new house or lived in a dorm or whatsoever. However, when I was still attending college, I was going to school from my relatives place for a short time because it was much closer and easier for me to go (so I’d say I was just staying at their place…) Yet, I did not have the change of address procedure at city hall or any authority. So all my documentation such as my ID was still the same. 
However, because I needed student pass for the train, I had to update my address on my college’s student ID card. So only my college knows that I have lived in a different place.

Do I still have to/should provide this (address 2) on DS-260?
Or can I just answer NO to “have you lived anywhere other than this address since the age of sixteen?” 

2. Phone Number (Myself) 

I have used the same phone number since i got my first phone, never had changed the number.
But when I travel to the US, I bought one-month SIM card (T-Mobile) at the airport and had a temporary number that i could use within the US.
Do i have to provide this phone number as well? 

3. Phone Number 2 

(Petitioner’s Information page.) 

My husband who is a U.S. Military, lived in japan and had Japanese phone number. But now (like right now) he’s going back to the US, and of course has his US phone number. Which one should I put? (Btw, on I-130, he put Japanese phone number, and did not provide his US phone number.) 

Thank you so much in advance for responding to my questions. 

Posted (edited)

1. Always tell the truth. If you ever lived somewhere, you need to mention it, even if only college or only you knew this.

How much of address history do you need to provide? I was under impression, only last 5 years.

2. What are the questions about phone number? If it asks you for a phone number, enter the one you can receive calls and messages on, whatever it is.

3. Again, whichever number the petitioner can answer calls on.

Do not overthink the questions or try guessing why they're asked. Just give the truthful answer.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

1. Always tell the truth. If you ever lived somewhere, you need to mention it, even if only college or only you knew this.

How much of address history do you need to provide? I was under impression, only last 5 years.

2. What are the questions about phone number? If it asks you for a phone number, enter the one you can receive calls and messages on, whatever it is.

3. Again, whichever number the petitioner can answer calls on.

Do not overthink the questions or try guessing why they're asked. Just give the truthful answer.

I concur.  I haven't memorized the DS 260, so not really sure the OP is quoting actual questions.  The certainly want to know if you've lived in another country since age 16, but I don't recall a question about another address since 16.  Read the questions very carefully, interpret them literally, and answer accordingly.  As for phone numbers, they are asking for your current phone number only, the number they can use to contact you.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.