ja0701

Possible mistake made by interviewer

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We seem to have gone full circle.

All I know is that a well qualified Joint Sponsor is the most certain route.

Otherwise you are dependent on the discretion of the Consulate, I have seen people use current income and qualify and have seen people who have qualified recently have problems.

If you can not find a JS that leaves you with one option.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

We seem to have gone full circle.

All I know is that a well qualified Joint Sponsor is the most certain route.

Otherwise you are dependent on the discretion of the Consulate, I have seen people use current income and qualify and have seen people who have qualified recently have problems.

If you can not find a JS that leaves you with one option.

Yeah - it seems so, but having spoken with the lawyer and being vindicated in knowing that the paperwork I filled out for my husband was correct and that this is really a consequence of a mistake on behalf of the consulate is reassuring in a way. 

I'll update as i go forward. Thanks for your input and help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 5/20/2024 at 4:27 PM, ja0701 said:

Update 05/20/24: 

I spoke with an immigration lawyer today who reviewed all of our files that were submitted to embassy. He stated that in his opinion based on all the information i gave him and paperwork he reviewed that the embassy officer made a mistake, but that the next best option moving forward is to either re-file on my own or get a joint sponsor. He stated that more often than not it is a waste of time to argue with an embassy about a misunderstanding. I will be contacting the embassy to receive further information, but i will not be trying to convince them of any mistake (just want to gather as much info from them as possible).

As for what I will do: I am not sure. If I can find another joint sponsor I will use that option (it seems to be the safest). If I can't ill bite the bullet and take a risk and submit on my own.

Will update again when there is new information. 

I am so sorry. I hope you dont have to file again.

On 5/20/2024 at 4:27 PM, ja0701 said:

Update 05/20/24: 

I spoke with an immigration lawyer today who reviewed all of our files that were submitted to embassy. He stated that in his opinion based on all the information i gave him and paperwork he reviewed that the embassy officer made a mistake, but that the next best option moving forward is to either re-file on my own or get a joint sponsor. He stated that more often than not it is a waste of time to argue with an embassy about a misunderstanding. I will be contacting the embassy to receive further information, but i will not be trying to convince them of any mistake (just want to gather as much info from them as possible).

As for what I will do: I am not sure. If I can find another joint sponsor I will use that option (it seems to be the safest). If I can't ill bite the bullet and take a risk and submit on my own.

Will update again when there is new information. 

I am so sorry. I hope you dont have to file again.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

We got this email today (I am deleting the sensitive information) What do you guys think this means? Also there is no update on our CEAC profile (it says the same thing since we got our case sent to the Jerusalem embassy). So we're not sure if this is a good thing or not. Obviously, we'll find out when it's ready to be picked up, but very anxiously waiting and wondering if this is a typical message for approval/denial: 

Subject: U.S. DoS Visa system return travel document shipment notice

Hello *********,

The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Jerusalem has released document related to your Visa application to our courier Israel Post. The document is being sent via the courier option you selected at registration.

The tracking number for the package is ***********. It can take up to 1 business day after receiving this notice before your shipment is available to be tracked. Please do not contact the courier company before this time as no additional information will be available. You may track the progress of this shipment at http://www.israelpost.co.il/itemtrace.nsf/mainsearch?OpenForm&L=HE&itemcode=************. The shipment process takes an average of one to two business days from the time you receive this notice.

For a list of identification required to receive returned document(s) and additional information related to courier services, please refer to the information at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-il/niv/information/courier

The data we have on file is:

Applicant Name: ********

Passport Number: ****************

Best regards,

The GDIT Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

Thanks everyone!!!

Edited by ja0701

Sounds like they issued the visa and are sending back the passport to you. Do advise if that's the case when you get the passport. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, milimelo said:

Sounds like they issued the visa and are sending back the passport to you. Do advise if that's the case when you get the passport. 

Definitely, they are sending the passport back.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Definitely, they are sending the passport back.  

Just got the status update. Refused, again. So, yes, they are sending back the passport, but with another 221(g) administrative processing (most likely i hope).

**Just some updates for everyone from my last post**

My husband and I found another joint sponsor who is very qualified, got all the required paper work (passports, taxes, proof of income, proof of employment, and of course I864). We sent all that in exactly two weeks ago and today we received the refused status and the email posted above. I had the documents reviewed by a lawyer before sending it in and they gave the green light. So, until we get his passport back and the letter attached we don't exactly know if this is another 221(g) or other possible scenario. I will say that our lawyer said it is most likely administrative processing 221(g). We will update with further info, but if anyone else out there has a similar experience we'd love to hear some insight/advice/outcomes. Thanks to you all, as always. 

3 hours ago, milimelo said:

wish it were the case😕 you can check my most recent reply to pushbrk for more details. Appreciate the optimism though! 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, ja0701 said:

Just got the status update. Refused, again. So, yes, they are sending back the passport, but with another 221(g) administrative processing (most likely i hope).

**Just some updates for everyone from my last post**

My husband and I found another joint sponsor who is very qualified, got all the required paper work (passports, taxes, proof of income, proof of employment, and of course I864). We sent all that in exactly two weeks ago and today we received the refused status and the email posted above. I had the documents reviewed by a lawyer before sending it in and they gave the green light. So, until we get his passport back and the letter attached we don't exactly know if this is another 221(g) or other possible scenario. I will say that our lawyer said it is most likely administrative processing 221(g). We will update with further info, but if anyone else out there has a similar experience we'd love to hear some insight/advice/outcomes. Thanks to you all, as always. 

Hmm.  Maybe it's just a notice then.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Update: 

We got the 221(g) and passport back in the mail. This is a super confusing one. Our lawyer is even confused. So anyone who may know something - please let us know what you think: 

The 221(g) is requesting the most recent tax returns, proof of U.S. citizenship of our joint sponsor, and my husband's passport. We already gave the embassy all of that when we submitted the new I-864 to them two weeks ago. We are not sure why are they asking for this all over again? Either way, we have all those papers and the simple answer here is just to send it again. Super weird situation - If anyone else out there has a similar experience please drop a comment. Thanks everyone!

Timeline
4 hours ago, ja0701 said:

Update: 

We got the 221(g) and passport back in the mail. This is a super confusing one. Our lawyer is even confused. So anyone who may know something - please let us know what you think: 

The 221(g) is requesting the most recent tax returns, proof of U.S. citizenship of our joint sponsor, and my husband's passport. We already gave the embassy all of that when we submitted the new I-864 to them two weeks ago. We are not sure why are they asking for this all over again? Either way, we have all those papers and the simple answer here is just to send it again. Super weird situation - If anyone else out there has a similar experience please drop a comment. Thanks everyone!

Exact wording of what they are requesting please.  That they want the passport back is a very good sign though.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

13 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Exact wording of what they are requesting please.  That they want the passport back is a very good sign though.

Definitely a great sign they want the passport back! Copying and pasting the letter below (removing sensitive info):

Dear *********************

This office regrets to inform you that your visa application is refused because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The information contained in the paragraphs marked with "X" pertains to your visa application. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

/ / Section 221(g): You must submit the following documents:

Financial Records

/X/ Most recent tax returns from joint sponsor

/X/ Proof of US citizen status of joint sponsor

/X/ Passport

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Jerusalem

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ja0701 said:

Definitely a great sign they want the passport back! Copying and pasting the letter below (removing sensitive info):

Dear *********************

This office regrets to inform you that your visa application is refused because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following section(s) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The information contained in the paragraphs marked with "X" pertains to your visa application. Please disregard the unmarked paragraphs.

/ / Section 221(g): You must submit the following documents:

Financial Records

/X/ Most recent tax returns from joint sponsor

/X/ Proof of US citizen status of joint sponsor

/X/ Passport

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Jerusalem

When responding, be sure to include either the Tax Return Transcript or a complete copy of the latest federal tax return, including all schedules, W2 forms, and 1099 forms, as applicable.  For citizenship, a photocopy of a certified copy of birth certificate, or copy of passport.

Since they want the applicant's passport back too, expect success this time, if the documentation provided is acceptable.

I'm sure you are shaking your head and asking "why?" since you say you provided this already.  I don't know, but my best guess is what you sent the first time was either incomplete, or didn't get matched up with the rest of your file.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

5 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

When responding, be sure to include either the Tax Return Transcript or a complete copy of the latest federal tax return, including all schedules, W2 forms, and 1099 forms, as applicable.  For citizenship, a photocopy of a certified copy of birth certificate, or copy of passport.

Since they want the applicant's passport back too, expect success this time, if the documentation provided is acceptable.

I'm sure you are shaking your head and asking "why?" since you say you provided this already.  I don't know, but my best guess is what you sent the first time was either incomplete, or didn't get matched up with the rest of your file.

Definitely a head-scratcher especially since we had the lawyer review it, but the answer is simple like you said make sure everything is there and send it in. 

Thanks for your input! Hopefully all will go well this time. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.