6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I130 approved for my father. NVC emailed me to upload documents. but my father lost his passport recently. so now he has put application for new passport. in the meantime can I upload I864 and other supporting AOS documents or wait for passport to come so that I can do DS 260 and upload everything altogether on same day.

15 minutes ago, nickymicky said:

I130 approved for my father. NVC emailed me to upload documents. but my father lost his passport recently. so now he has put application for new passport. in the meantime can I upload I864 and other supporting AOS documents or wait for passport to come so that I can do DS 260 and upload everything altogether on same day.

If your documents are missing or insufficient after an I-130 is approved, the NVC will contact you via email and leave a message in your CEAC account. You should try to follow up quickly so your case doesn't take longer. The NVC can take at least two months to review documents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 minute ago, Nashmusah said:

If your documents are missing or insufficient after an I-130 is approved, the NVC will contact you via email and leave a message in your CEAC account. You should try to follow up quickly so your case doesn't take longer. The NVC can take at least two months to review documents

But without passport it's not possible to submitt DS260.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nickymicky said:

But without passport it's not possible to submitt DS260.

Yes, you can start the DS-260 application process for a U.S. immigrant visa without a passport number if you have an ID number. However, you will need to provide your passport details once you receive it. When filing the DS-260, you will be asked to provide the child's passport information. If you do not have the child's passport yet, select the "Other Travel Document" option instead. The information on your form must appear as in the passport. 

Edited by Nashmusah

On 5/19/2024 at 8:18 AM, Nashmusah said:

Yes, you can start the DS-260 application process for a U.S. immigrant visa without a passport number if you have an ID number. However, you will need to provide your passport details once you receive it. When filing the DS-260, you will be asked to provide the child's passport information. If you do not have the child's passport yet, select the "Other Travel Document" option instead. The information on your form must appear as in the passport. 

The OP is asking about her father's case, not an adopted child.

NVC doesn't take that long to review documents. You can see their current processing times on their website, it's currently one week exactly. In the last 6 months the longest it's taken was 2 weeks. 

OP, if your father has a record of his lost passport, you can put that number in for now (it may just turn up anyway). Then you can update it once you get the new one. Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.