PK_Bazm

Proving Residence for CRBA

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Both my wife and I are US Citizens. I am currently in the US and my wife is attending her sick father in Islamabad. 

If we end up filing a CRBA. 

1. Will I be required to attend the interview.

Or just my wife will be sufficient

2. I plan on providing 5 years of taxes  with W2's. Letters from employers verifying employment and finally 5 years of bank statements showing that all transactions were US based. Do you think I will be OK with these documents? 

I will appreciate your assistance 

2 hours ago, amsid_usa said:

Both my wife and I are US Citizens. I am currently in the US and my wife is attending her sick father in Islamabad. 

2. I plan on providing 5 years of taxes  with W2's. Letters from employers verifying employment and finally 5 years of bank statements showing that all transactions were US based. Do you think I will be OK with these documents? 

Not necessarily for the both parents to attend for interviews,  your wife is enough, but you have to present the following:

The original birth certificate must be presented to the Consular Officer on the day of the interview. Proof of the parent(s) U.S. citizenship. A copy of the U.S. passport and the naturalization certificate or certificate of citizenship must be uploaded in the e-CRBA application.

On 5/19/2024 at 8:05 AM, Nashmusah said:

Not necessarily for the both parents to attend for interviews,  your wife is enough

What makes you say that, is it from personal experience at the Islamabad consulate? Their website says "both parents must attend the interview" so I think the OP should double check that advice.

You are not required to attend. See link for forms required when one only parent will apply/attend.

Also add a few more docs from link ( utilities…) and instead of copy of taxes, get the IRS transcripts ( free online ) and your social security earnings report.

Count all of your trips outside the US ….as in count the days. The 5 year requirement is for   Physical presence , so expand your timeframe if you have traveled in last 5 years.

https://pk.usembassy.gov/checklist-of-documents-required-at-the-time-of-crba-interview/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
On 5/19/2024 at 4:29 AM, amsid_usa said:

If both parents were US citizens at the time the child was born, you will be filing under 301(c) of the INA (8 U.S.C. 1401(c)).  Unlike other applications under sections of the law that require physical presence for a number of years, the 301(c) requirement is merely that at least one of the two US citizen parents resided in the US at any point prior to the birth of the child — for any length of time at all.  So, your documentation is more than enough to meet that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.