Riley-Janice

Anyone with very recent experience on COVID Vaccines for K1 and K2 not being available?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm working to schedule K1 and K2 interviews for mid-June. I called SLEC to ask about the Covid vaccine and the representative told me the vaccines are not available in Philippines and I would need to call the Embassy to see how they handle this as it is required. 

Does anyone have very recent experience with this and not having a covid vaccine for the interview? 

1. Did not having it cause issues? 

2. Is it really not possible to get the vaccines? 

Saint Luke's will waive it so no problems as far as the visa is concerned.  You may still have to get it later in the US to complete adjustment of status.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

1 hour ago, top_secret said:

Saint Luke's will waive it so no problems as far as the visa is concerned.  You may still have to get it later in the US to complete adjustment of status.

The problem with having to get this in the US is having to get the dangerous mRNA vaccines. My step-son has only had the 1st vaccine (not mRNA) and then, no more were available in the Philippines.

37 minutes ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

The problem with having to get this in the US is having to get the dangerous mRNA vaccines. My step-son has only had the 1st vaccine (not mRNA) and then, no more were available in the Philippines.

For IR2 and other immigrant categories I believe Saint Luke's is now issuing blanket waivers due to unavailability of vaccine and that more or less settles the issue once and for all as far as immigration is concerned.  You step son should be fine.  What's different for K1 and K2 is Saint Luke's can kick the can down the road so the visa gets issued and the applicant can come to the US, but vaccination requirements for adjustment of status is a separate issue.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, top_secret said:

For IR2 and other immigrant categories I believe Saint Luke's is now issuing blanket waivers due to unavailability of vaccine and that more or less settles the issue once and for all as far as immigration is concerned.  You step son should be fine.  What's different for K1 and K2 is Saint Luke's can kick the can down the road so the visa gets issued and the applicant can come to the US, but vaccination requirements for adjustment of status is a separate issue.

Thanks for that info! St Lukes said they could proceed with the medical but it wasn't clear on how it would be handled for the Visa as they told me to call the embassy and I could not reach anyone on the phone. When you say AOS is a separate issue, does that mean there is anything we need to anticipate or is it simply that they would need to get their Covid Vaccines when they get here prior to AOS? Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, Riley-Janice said:

When you say AOS is a separate issue, does that mean there is anything we need to anticipate or is it simply that they would need to get their Covid Vaccines when they get here prior to AOS?

No problems issuing the visas or traveling.  AOS I 'think' people have had mixed experiences. I heard of one case where they were asked to repeat the entire medical in the US because they couldn't find a Civil Surgeon in their area who would sign off on only the vaccination by itself.  I didn't hear the resolution on that case if they actually really had to do it.  I saw one case where they got a RFE for proof of vaccination.  In any case it is not any kind of show stopper but it could still come up.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Timeline
31 minutes ago, top_secret said:

No problems issuing the visas or traveling.  AOS I 'think' people have had mixed experiences. I heard of one case where they were asked to repeat the entire medical in the US because they couldn't find a Civil Surgeon in their area who would sign off on only the vaccination by itself.  I didn't hear the resolution on that case if they actually really had to do it.  I saw one case where they got a RFE for proof of vaccination.  In any case it is not any kind of show stopper but it could still come up.

Thank you so very much!

4 hours ago, top_secret said:

Thanks for your response. I've heard of at least 1 case where they held the Green card until the covid vaccine was taken, since not available in the US.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all. Hoping someone can help with this. For my fiancé's daughters, one received a blanket waiver on their covid vaccine. She had a first dose in 2022 and that was noted on the vaccine record. 

For the second daughter, she had a misspelling of her name on her covid vaccine so St Luke's did not add that to her vaccine record and did not provide a waiver for her. The gentlemen who spoke to my fiancé said this should not be an issue and she would not need to get the vaccine in the US. 

Is this something that is a showstopper? 

26 minutes ago, Riley-Janice said:

Is this something that is a showstopper? 

It should not make any difference receiving or traveling on a K2 visa.  If they raised the issue at all during adjustment of status it's nothing serious.  I'm guessing the US would be much less strict about some spelling error on her existing vaccine record and would probably accept it as is.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Timeline
3 hours ago, top_secret said:

It should not make any difference receiving or traveling on a K2 visa.  If they raised the issue at all during adjustment of status it's nothing serious.  I'm guessing the US would be much less strict about some spelling error on her existing vaccine record and would probably accept it as is.

Thank you very much again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.