ShawnSpiker

Fiance Visa K1 - Online Engagement Ceremony is Acceptable

60 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, hplusj said:

I'm starting to think that the fiance visa might be a little mismatched to OP's expectations

I got all of your points. In the Middle East, everything is so different than even Europe. I have to make a decision this week about which application should I pick whether a Fiance or Spouse visa.
I can not wait and I have faith that a Fiance Visa might be better and faster. I understand the consequences of it too.
I wish it was not that hard for US citizens.

I am also concerned that the council/embassy in my county may ask for this contract "engagement contract" since it is very popular to have an engagement agreement/contract.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

I got all of your points. In the Middle East, everything is so different than even Europe. I have to make a decision this week about which application should I pick whether a Fiance or Spouse visa.
I can not wait and I have faith that a Fiance Visa might be better and faster. I understand the consequences of it too.
I wish it was not that hard for US citizens.

I am also concerned that the council/embassy in my county may ask for this contract "engagement contract" since it is very popular to have an engagement agreement/contract.

Is this contract you mention a nikah nama?

@JeanneAdil

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You have met formally face to face so either K1 or CR1 is fully credible

Also understand that now the K1  process takes as long as CR1

and  K1 with AOS in US and further ROC is more expensive

I opt for CR1 personally

Are there any red flags that would concern the CO?

Take a look at the site below and if any red flag issues are there,  I would marry,   do the CR1 ,  spend as much time together as possible to prove the relaitonship as bona fida marriage 

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/red-flags-that-make-uscis-suspect-marriage-fraud.html

Hello,

How can I prove that I am single and I can marry? I can not find anything in the United States of America to provide the marital status of being single. Did anyone face that?

5 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Hello,

How can I prove that I am single and I can marry? I can not find anything in the United States of America to provide the marital status of being single. Did anyone face that?

Where are you planning to get married?  Were you married before, and now a widower, or divorcé?

Just now, Lemonslice said:

Where are you planning to get married?  Were you married before, and now a widower, or divorcé?

In the USA, I am single.

15 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Ok.  Who is asking you to prove that you are single and free to marry?

Me and being American to my family girl. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Me and being American to my family girl. 

I do not understand what you mean. 

There is no "proof" available for what you want in the US.  If you are abroad, and it is required, you can look up the local embassy page and they'll explain how to produce proper evidence in that country.  

In France, for example, it is found under What is a « certificat de coutumes » and “certificat de célibat”? on this page

https://fr.usembassy.gov/services/marriage-and-civil-partnerships-pacs-in-france/ 

Edited by Lemonslice

Can I post pictures of me and my Fiance Visa where we are home or with very light clothes? Are there any restrictions on pictures? or what to show and what not to show?

On 5/31/2024 at 8:51 AM, ShawnSpiker said:

Can I post pictures of me and my Fiance Visa where we are home or with very light clothes? Are there any restrictions on pictures? or what to show and what not to show?

Why would you want to share intimate pictures with government agencies?

Answer is there:
https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

"

Special Instructions

E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that we have accepted your form at a USCIS lockbox, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first page of your form.

Do not include:

• Anything that contains electronic chips and batteries (such as musical greeting cards) or any non-paper materials such as CD-ROMS, DVDs, toys, action figures, or thumb drives. We will not accept these types of materials. However, we will accept photographs or copies of these items;
  • Any biological or genetic samples as DNA evidence. For information on DNA testing and submitting DNA samples, please visit the Department of State’s webpage; or
  • Graphic photos of childbirth or intimate relations as evidence of a relationship or marital bona fides."

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Why would you want to share intimate pictures with government agencies?

Answer is there:
https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f

"

Special Instructions

E-Notification: If you want to receive an e-mail and/or text message that we have accepted your form at a USCIS lockbox, complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance, and clip it to the first page of your form.

Do not include:

• Anything that contains electronic chips and batteries (such as musical greeting cards) or any non-paper materials such as CD-ROMS, DVDs, toys, action figures, or thumb drives. We will not accept these types of materials. However, we will accept photographs or copies of these items;
  • Any biological or genetic samples as DNA evidence. For information on DNA testing and submitting DNA samples, please visit the Department of State’s webpage; or
  • Graphic photos of childbirth or intimate relations as evidence of a relationship or marital bona fides."

Thank you.
If I put intimate pictures, they may think we are married not engaged. Am I right?
Such as pictures of us cuddling in front of the TV or in the bathtub.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Thank you.
If I put intimate pictures, they may think we are married not engaged. Am I right?
Such as pictures of us cuddling in front of the TV or in the bathtub.

please not the bathtub, no, that is WAY too much

5 minutes ago, ShawnSpiker said:

Are 10 years age difference acceptable for the immigration "USCIS and embassy"
I am 40 years old and she is 30 years old.

They don't care about age, as long as both are adults and the relationship is bona fide.

Our K-1 Journey

7 Aug 2023: I-129F petition mailed.

9 Aug 2023: NOA1, arrives approx. a week after mailing with this issuance date.

1 Mar 2024: NOA2 (v 1.0) issued.  Time between NOAs, 205 days (6 months 23 days).  NOA2 exp date 30 Jun 2024.

8 Mar 2024: NVC received case.

1 Apr 2024: after one inquiry, NVC provided case #.

8 May 2024: NOA2 (v 2.0) issued.  Same USCIS #, same case #, new exp date of 7 Sep 2024.

May-June 2024: many inquiries sent to NVC as well as the embassy, as we see other K1s with later NOA2s are sent to Johannesburg before us.  Involved senators to investigate, refused to assist without expedite request.  Emailed the White House, end of June 2024.

2 Jul 2024: case leaves the NVC for Johannesburg.  Total wait time at NVC, 123 days (4 months 1 day).

5 Jul 2024: consulate in Johannesburg receives case.

8 Jul 2024: Packets 3 & 4 received, medical and visa appointments scheduled.

23 Jul 2024: medical appointment with Dr. Brauer (Cape Town).

8 Aug 2024: visa interview with CO in Johannesburg, 16 days after medical.  Visa not issued because medical packet wasn't filed yet.  Passport and birth certificate kept by CO.  Total time from NOA1 to interview/approval, 365 days (exactly 1 year).

13 Aug 2024: email to consulate due to CEAC still displaying "Application Received" status, instead of the predicted "Refused" or "Administrative Processing".

14 Aug 2024: consulate reply, they are currently processing visa.  CEAC status changes to "Approved" (no refused or AP statuses prior).

15 Aug 2024: CEAC case status changed to "Issued"

20 Aug 2024: K1 visa in hand!

6 minutes ago, hplusj said:

please not the bathtub, no, that is WAY too much

They don't care about age, as long as both are adults and the relationship is bona fide.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.