rsiegel

K1 visa Philippines

10 posts in this topic

My fiancé lives in the Philippines and I live in the US. We have been approved by the USCIS and received notice from the NVC that our I-129F petition was forwarded to the Philippines embassy. It says it'll take several weeks for the transfer process to happen and the embassy will contact us when they are ready. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Philippines embassy and K1 visa. Like how long should we actually expect to wait. We got the notice a little more than two weeks ago. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread moved to the PI regional forum, from K1 P&P- As the OP is asking about the steps in the PI.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Everything in the Philippines is applicant driven.  The embassy will not contact you.  Just forge ahead with what needs to be done.

You can track your case by entering your MNL case here:  CEAC (state.gov).  Select immigrant visa.  "In transit" means it's still on the way.  "Ready" means it is there already, waiting for you to complete the steps needed to schedule the interview.  It is probably already there if you got the notice 2 weeks ago.  Ine was there 2 days after I received the NVC email.

First on the list is completing the DS-160, then paying for it.  After that, you can start looking for interview openings.  Once you have an interview date, schedule medical a week or so prior to the interview date.

3 minutes ago, J.M. said:

Everything in the Philippines is applicant driven.  The embassy will not contact you.  Just forge ahead with what needs to be done.

You can track your case by entering your MNL case here:  CEAC (state.gov).  Select immigrant visa.  "In transit" means it's still on the way.  "Ready" means it is there already, waiting for you to complete the steps needed to schedule the interview.  It is probably already there if you got the notice 2 weeks ago.  Ine was there 2 days after I received the NVC email.

First on the list is completing the DS-160, then paying for it.  After that, you can start looking for interview openings.  Once you have an interview date, schedule medical a week or so prior to the interview date.

So even though it says "If you do not have a schedule from NVC, please wait for scheduling instructions or a notification from the U.S. Embassy Manila." we should still move forward and make our own interview appointment? 

Timeline

Correct.  You might get an email from the embassy, but you do not need to wait for it.  You are not short cutting anything.  This is just the way it is done in Manila.

20 minutes ago, J.M. said:

Correct.  You might get an email from the embassy, but you do not need to wait for it.  You are not short cutting anything.  This is just the way it is done in Manila.

Our validity date expires in July, do you happen to know if they would extend if we weren't able to get an interview before then? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, rsiegel said:

My fiancé lives in the Philippines and I live in the US. We have been approved by the USCIS and received notice from the NVC that our I-129F petition was forwarded to the Philippines embassy. It says it'll take several weeks for the transfer process to happen and the embassy will contact us when they are ready. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Philippines embassy and K1 visa. Like how long should we actually expect to wait. We got the notice a little more than two weeks ago. 

If you received notice this Tuesday, Embassy will receive your packet on Monday Manila time. Suggest you finish your DS-160 before then and pay MRV fee at RCBC bank so you are ready to schedule your interview the moment slots are open. I believe they only do interviews on Tue and Wed. Good luck.
https://mydhl.express.dhl/id/en/tracking.html#/results?shipperReference=EXP 07 MAY 2024A&fromDate=2024-05-07&toDate=2024-05-15&destinationCountryCode=PH

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline
4 hours ago, manilamaiden said:

Hi. I had my K1 visa approved last June 4. How long does it take for me to receive my K1 Visa? Thank you in advance :)

Do you mean your I-129f was approved?  Or do you mean you had your interview and are just awaiting delivery of your passport?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.