ascotty94

Can't Get a Response From Embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Looking to see if anyone else is having issues with getting the embassy to respond to email questions. My fiancé is the Irish citizen and we are going through the K-1 visa process and we are getting towards the end of the validity period for his i-797. It expires 5/29/2024 but the medicals are booked up and he couldn't get an appointment until 6/14/2024. The only time they answered us was when they said that the i-797 can be extended once they receive the notice of readiness, but the documents they included in the email say that the notice of readiness can't be sent until he has the medical exam results. This whole thing is making no sense to us and we really need help. Anyone out there who can help us out? Thanks in advance!

Timeline

Hello, we are having the same issue. The medicals are booked up. It took three months to get an appt. The medical packet arrived late and the expiration date of the I797 has passed. I asked the US Embassy in Dublin if it can be extended and was told it's up to the Consular Official who oversees the interview. 

Also, we sent out Readiness Notice last week. Now waiting to see if/when the interview is scheduled.  It's a very stressful process! I wish you the best of luck! 

• 1 month later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 5/10/2024 at 4:10 AM, ascotty94 said:

Hi Everyone,

Looking to see if anyone else is having issues with getting the embassy to respond to email questions. My fiancé is the Irish citizen and we are going through the K-1 visa process and we are getting towards the end of the validity period for his i-797. It expires 5/29/2024 but the medicals are booked up and he couldn't get an appointment until 6/14/2024. The only time they answered us was when they said that the i-797 can be extended once they receive the notice of readiness, but the documents they included in the email say that the notice of readiness can't be sent until he has the medical exam results. This whole thing is making no sense to us and we really need help. Anyone out there who can help us out? Thanks in advance!

HI @ascotty94, did they reply you? I was told to submit my waiver document via email but once I did that I did not get any acknowledgement. It's already been more than ten days I did the follow up via email but still no reply from the embassy here in Dublin. I tried to call but the phone is never reachable. 

Timeline
On 6/30/2024 at 1:21 PM, mohtim said:

HI @ascotty94, did they reply you? I was told to submit my waiver document via email but once I did that I did not get any acknowledgement. It's already been more than ten days I did the follow up via email but still no reply from the embassy here in Dublin. I tried to call but the phone is never reachable. 

Hi! The only way I've been able to ever get a response is to reply to the original email they sent with the instructions packet. Even still they usually take over a week to respond. Unfortunately it seems like they are just not very responsive. Hopefully you have heard back by now!

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 5/9/2024 at 11:10 PM, ascotty94 said:

Hi Everyone,

Not in Ireland but it may apply to you too. My i-797 expired 12/27/2023, I didn't have my medical until 01/12/2024 and my interview on 01/23/2024. I had no idea my I-797 had expired until I booked my medical and went through my paperwork. I tried to contact the consulate by email, explaining the situation but never heard back. Eventually it turned out it was extended automatically, probably because it all took longer than usual, or they extended it because of my email and just didn't respond back, To this day I still have no idea, all I know is that it never gave me any trouble.

Did you guys ever hear anything?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.