Ryan8325

Super confused on K1 appointment letter

30 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Ryan8325 said:

Purely coincidence. Checked my email this morning and it was there. I can only imagine it was sent because it was getting closer to the expiration. It looks like it took about two months from the time it was marked as "ready" before I received the letter (email). If it's been longer than 90 days I'd write a letter to your Congress person. After all, it's an election year and I'd imagine they'd be more willing to go the extra mile for their constituents. Of course it could lead to nothing. I'm just speculating 

That is such wonderful news; I am happy for you and all the best to you and yours. Expiration is near the end of next month for me, so I am now hopeful to be greeted with such. So the letter is of the packet and instruction?  thank you, again.

Bro, how long did you wait since nvc sent your petition to u.s embassy Nairobi? I am stuck with the same thing. Nvc sent my case to Nairobi on 27th February 2024 until now I haven't received an email.  I contacted them a dozen times with no concrete replies. Or should I go ahead n book appointment without the so called golden letter !!??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

i think it was March 14th 2024 that they said it was "READY" on the portal site thingy to check the status. Just got the email today with the go ahead today. So about 2.5 months give or take. What's the validity date on your I-797? I think they may step it up a bit more when that date gets closer but i'm only guessing.

I'd honestly probably wait a bit longer, but once 90days hits i would find your congress person's website. They help out with stuff like this and often have forms specifically for this issue.

Timeline
1 hour ago, jogood said:

That is such wonderful news; I am happy for you and all the best to you and yours. Expiration is near the end of next month for me, so I am now hopeful to be greeted with such. So the letter is of the packet and instruction?  thank you, again.

it's essentially just an email. nothing fancy, no physical letter. it was sent to ME and not my fiancé. that also may be something to keep in mind

On my i- 797 it says 05/24/2024 that is today, but 2wks ago I emailed them to extend the validity and in response they say it was well noted. But now if you try to reach out to them through email,  is just diverted to automated machine which to me is Bs.. I hear pple say go ahead n book for appointment,  still don't get it yet their instructions are so clear you wait till they email you. By June 1, it will be 3months since nvc transferred my case ,yet today my case expires. This is a mess.

1 hour ago, Andy Celestyn said:

Bro, how long did you wait since nvc sent your petition to u.s embassy Nairobi? I am stuck with the same thing. Nvc sent my case to Nairobi on 27th February 2024 until now I haven't received an email.  I contacted them a dozen times with no concrete replies. Or should I go ahead n book appointment without the so called golden letter !!??

You really do not need the packet to book an interview, almost all  people who had their case ready by 27th feb are already done with their interview and no one was returned because they didn’t receive the packet.

But it’s upon you to decide if you want to wait or go ahead with scheduling the interview.

Also the embassy automatically renews your I-797 since covid backlog.

2 hours ago, Ryan8325 said:

it's essentially just an email. nothing fancy, no physical letter. it was sent to ME and not my fiancé. that also may be something to keep in mind

Thank you. My expiration date is 06/26/2024. I've emailed the Nairobi embassy and too was met with an automated response being told if I have received the go ahead from the embassy/consular then proceed which I have not. I just don't want to miss the opportunity while being the holder in due course..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 5/25/2024 at 3:15 AM, jogood said:

Thank you. My expiration date is 06/26/2024. I've emailed the Nairobi embassy and too was met with an automated response being told if I have received the go ahead from the embassy/consular then proceed which I have not. I just don't want to miss the opportunity while being the holder in due course..

My expiration date is on 06/06/2024 and I am still waiting for the k1 visa instructions from the embassy. We tried emailing them and I also got a canned/automated response.

Timeline

For what it's worth, there's no packet. It's an email with a link to a site you can already get to. They probably do it this way to space out available interview slots. Gotta love being kept in the dark 

Timeline
On 5/24/2024 at 6:06 AM, Martharobi said:

They will not, most people never receive

If you never received the appointment when your case was ready until now then you will never receive it, and no they will not cancel your interview.

please go ahead and click yes and schedule an appointment, (which is another hustle because you have to wait for slots to open, which could be anywhere from 1 week to months). We have a WhatsApp group with members who have gone through the process and now helping those who are in the process, your fiancé can join it.

Hi I would also like to join the group please.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Martharobi said:

Hi, the group is for k1 beneficiaries in kenya, reach out with your beneficiary number so that i can forward it to the admin

Thanks I just sent  the phone number to your inbox.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Hijack question split to new topic***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.