Uther

I-129F processed WAY faster than intended. Is there any way to slow this process down?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Uther said:

So we filed the paperwork a little over 10 weeks ago and despite seeing any other case taking upwards of at least 7 months we are already approved. The thing is this is way too fast of a timeline for us due to extenuating circumstances. Is there any way to slow down the process going forward? We were expecting all of this in total to take at least 14 months or more. 

Please complete your timelines. An approved petition is valid for 4 months. It may be extended at discretion of embassy. Visa is valid from 6 months of medical 

Timeline
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, wildbug100420 said:

Please complete your timelines. An approved petition is valid for 4 months. It may be extended at discretion of embassy. Visa is valid from 6 months of medical 

Updated it 

i-129F filed 1/18/24

I-129F NOA1 1/26/24

I-129 NOA2 5/2/24

~13 weeks or 97 days from NOA1 to NOA2 seems astronomically faster than anticipated, no?

Edit, typed the wrong day

Edited by Uther

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

USCIS processing times for I-129fs has sped up significantly.

Last I heard they were working on cases submitted december 2023 and january 2024.
your case still has to go to the NVC, where it can sometimes sit for a month or 2.

And then onto whichever embassy/consulate the beneficiary would go to.

And that could add time to the process depending on the consulate.

some consulates the wait time for a K-1 visa interview can be long. depending on how many they get.

I-129f Sent:  08-07-2023

I-129f NOA1:  08-15-2023

I-129f NOA2: 03-05-2024

NVC Case # Assigned:  03-25-2024

Consulate Received: 04-11-2024

Packet 3 Received: 04-25-2024

Interview Date: 07-09-2024 APPROVED!

Visa Issued: 07-11-2024

Visa Received: 7-15-2024

Date of Entry: 11-5-2024

Married: 12-18-2024

Timeline

At this point you are still several months away, more so if you decide to slow walk the process by scheduling interviews and medical appointments as late as possible without things expiring. 

Just remember, so many people were so close to being with their loved one and BAM!!!, the covid mumbo jumbo happened and they were stuck in limbo for a couple of years. Crazy things can cause delays, especially considering we are in an election year, just about the same time when all the silliness happened last time. Whatever your extenuating circumstances are, I would bet you can overcome them rather than experience the delays that happened for many of us a few years ago.

We went through the COVID mumbo jumbo, travel bans that were interpreted by DOS as visa bans, etc. And an election year! For the OP, as well as anyone reading this going thru similar steps in their process, you would do well to heed MarJhi's advice.

Trump's administration changed the K1 + AOS process. Some changes were reversed (for example, look up the form 944 Declaration of Self Sufficiency). Other changes were not.

A friend of mine completed her K1+AOS process several years ago, before the Trump administration's more permanent changes took effect.

Her entire K1 process was six months from when they sent the petition to when she arrived on U.S. soil. When she applied for her green card she was required to simply include her marriage certificate, proving she complied with the requirements of the K1 visa. Her green card was approved, no interview, and in no more than three months.

Timeline

I-944 was not really reversed, instead it was just rolled into I-485. There is now a question there about public charge which K-1 people need to answer with a "Yes" as well as all the follow up questions about income and education. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, widude said:

That is a great timeline. I’m near the same, but not through the USCIS yet. My timeline shows early June now, hopefully soon. 

You can see approval (or RFE) at any day now really if you your NOA1 is Jan 2024. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

I was in the same boat and we picked an interview date as far back as we could without asking for special permission. They will tell you how long you have till complete your petition 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 5/7/2024 at 12:07 PM, SneakyPete said:

'This is not way faster than intended, it is about on time. Feb 2024 are starting to see approvals 

yeah okay. call me and all the others skipped when they start even pretending to care about the late feb-early march filers.

On 8/15/2024 at 10:53 AM, toor09 said:

You guys from Philippines are lucky , USCIS is processing the cases from your country so fast . 

I would say just take it . 

this is also just false. its horribly inconsistent. i wish it was true, then i'd be with my fiancée already

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, sonnyboy0323 said:

yeah okay. call me and all the others skipped when they start even pretending to care about the late feb-early march filers.

this is also just false. its horribly inconsistent. i wish it was true, then i'd be with my fiancée already

Still waiting for my case (march 4) to get approved, but there were several approvals from Feb 23 (the first of the skipped days) on friday of last week. Waiting to see what happens this week; they also started approving the first day of June (3rd). 

Also seriously this thread in general is just so comical - complaining the process is "so" fast and you want to slow it down, where's the consideration lol, some of us are STILL waiting and have had to continuously watch people who filed months after us get approved whilst we wait and have no movement for our entire week. talk abut complaining about having it good 

Edited by apnzz

I-129F Journey! ❤️

Package sent: 02 March 2024

NOA1 Received: 04 March 2024

NOA2 Approval: 23 August 2024

Physical NOA2 Received: 04 September 2024

Sent to State:

NVC Case Created:

Case In Transit:

Case Ready:

Medical:

Interview:

Visa in Hand:

Flight:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.