Haynes

Confused as to what vaccines are required for London medical

38 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tesco said:

Your booster is straightforward as done Stateside. For the ‘within 12 months’ in the UK, I guess can you use other companies, or only the ones Visa Medicals show, (two). Not local to any of them and would like to try an alternative location. Just wanted to see if others have had their vaccine from a different location in the UK and if that had a hand written card of proper print out of the record

For boots you have to book online and they provide a paper proof detailing your name , DOB , date etc which you take with you on the day of the medicals or you can email it to them if you take it afterwards. Cheers 

1 hour ago, Boomingglory said:

For boots you have to book online and they provide a paper proof detailing your name , DOB , date etc which you take with you on the day of the medicals or you can email it to them if you take it afterwards. Cheers 

Brilliant thank you. Really helpful information 😊

1 hour ago, Tesco said:

Brilliant thank you. Really helpful information 😊

You are welcome, I hope you have managed to book it ? just to clarify if you take the vaccine before your appointment you can take the slip with you but if you take it after your appointment, say like a day or two then you can email the proof to visa medicals, good luck 👌

19 minutes ago, Boomingglory said:

You are welcome, I hope you have managed to book it ? just to clarify if you take the vaccine before your appointment you can take the slip with you but if you take it after your appointment, say like a day or two then you can email the proof to visa medicals, good luck 👌

Thank you… will look at booking a slot at Boots and so much easier than driving a fair distance to one of those pharmacies listed. Will get vaccine prior to medical though. Interesting thought though, if you did have the COVID 19 jab after the medical and consequently emailed the record. Would the medical date be when you physically undertook the medical exam, OR the date of the subsequent COVID 19 jab….

27 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Thank you… will look at booking a slot at Boots and so much easier than driving a fair distance to one of those pharmacies listed. Will get vaccine prior to medical though. Interesting thought though, if you did have the COVID 19 jab after the medical and consequently emailed the record. Would the medical date be when you physically undertook the medical exam, OR the date of the subsequent COVID 19 jab….

lol , as we were not aware before hand , we had to take the booster afterwards, precisely the next day , so we emailed over the proof . The date will be recorded as the day of the actual physical examination / appointment as all other checks were done on that day and they just waited for booster proof to complete the vaccination paperwork/records . 

On 5/9/2024 at 10:58 AM, bonkane said:

I didn't have one for over 12 months. What did they say to your wife then?

They asked her to go to one of clinics that provide them and email the proof once completed.  We had to search online a bit to find a place to get it done but ultimately it wasn't overly difficult to get it knocked out.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline

Boot messed me around late last week. I went to another private clinic yesterday and they said we don't provide proof but update your covid pass on your NHS record which they did.

I guess the proof then I can show is the GP summary.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, dabursot2 said:

Would a 3 year old require a COVID vaccine as well?

Curious about my son needing one? I understand the criteria is borderline for children? So not entirely sure if it is required for him?

Thanks for the help in advance,

I believe the UK rules have changed, and covid jabs are available only for over 12's in the UK. I would ring the medical number and confirm though.

On 5/10/2024 at 4:44 PM, Boomingglory said:

Yes i've just done this! I went for my medical May 16th and as my covid immunisations were over two years ago they said I'd have to get aa booster done and email them back the results asap, and the medical wasn't approved until I'd done that. So I left Visa Medicals and walked straight round to Boots on Oxford St and without an appointment got in! Within the hour I was able to email across the slip that Boots give you with all the details and confirmation of booster taken. Very easy to do as long has Boots has the stock in store. Although if I'd realised I would have gone to Boots beforehand but it really didn't make much difference. I'd also note that I had looked up appointments online for that store and they had disappeared in the time it took to do my medical so I figured I'd chance it as they must have the person in that does them, and it paid off! The nurse at Boots said that they've had many people coming over from Visa Medicals without appointments, in fact the person in front of me had done the same. Oh and its about £99 for the booster.

• 1 month later...

Have Boots booked for next Saturday. Will either take the vaccine email, print out or SCR with it added.  

Edited by Tesco
Typo

I just had my jab from Boots a few days ago.

They will take you into a private room and give you a form to fill in. Usual information: name, DOB, address, then a few checkboxes to ask if you have certain conditions and such. You sign, date, then hand it back to the doctor. They give you another information pamphlet regarding COVID / the Omicron variant dose that they're going to administer, along with a patient guide for clinical services.

They leave the room and come back with the vaccine. They ask which arm you prefer, pop it into you like a quick pincushion, then that's it. They keep you there for 5 minutes to make sure you don't have an allergic reaction of any sorts, then also advise you don't drive for another 10-15 minutes to ensure your wellness. They give you a slip with a Boots stamp detailing your vaccination, the date, location, and which batch number it is, then take you to the till to pay. They also give you a receipt which I was going to take down with me to the medical just as additional proof.

It cost £98.95. All in all I was in there for maybe 10-15 minutes if that.

I contacted Visa Medicals directly in London prior to my jab who confirmed that they're happy to accept Boots vaccinations. So I can at least say that it's definitely accepted as a Covid vax dose.

Just a quick follow up, this is all vaccination requirements by age:

https://www.cdc.gov/immigrant-refugee-health/media/pdfs/Vaccine-Requirements-According-to-Applicant-Age-panel-physicians-p.pdf

And to clarify, the first two COVID jabs are no longer enough unless you got your second jab within 6 months of your medical. The booster/additional jab is required if you got your vaccination over 6 months ago.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 5/9/2024 at 12:10 PM, bonkane said:

Also, I'd take the list to your GP nurse locally and she can adminstrate a few of them as I didn't have my red book to prove I had a few of the, and the doctor couldnt find my paper record neither. It's way cheaper than the medical. I did forget the Hep B and so had to pay out for that.

Varicella was ignored as it's not available in the UK. They could see I had chicken pox as a 9 year old so were happy with it too.

I think Boots do it as a course of 2 doses with each dose 4 weeks apart

Edited by SL2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.