Rabia Ahsan

How to apply for a student visa?

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Rabia Ahsan said:

My parents won’t be able to sponsor her because she’ll be definitely over 21 by the time 

me and my husband we own a business should we try to apply a employment visa for her? 

you are visa shopping  and common work visa is nonimmigrant 

u must also prove that a USC is not qualified for the position 

A common way to work temporarily in the United States as a nonimmigrant is for a prospective employer to file a petition with USCIS on your behalf. The Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Workers webpage describes the main nonimmigrant temporary worker classifications.

https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the-united-states#:~:text=If you have the right,preferences (also called categories).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You are going to know me about this than me but is there not a long process before she would be licensed to work in the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

15 minutes ago, Rabia Ahsan said:

She’s becoming a physiotherapist 

So you own a physiotherapy business? 

Your parents can sponsor her once they have GC's. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rabia Ahsan said:

Yes my parents will be here in US 

So parents and sister in the US, and a tricky consulate - I'd think the chances of any CO thinking she will genuinely return to Pakistan after her studies are slim tbh, but she can try. 

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
44 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

So you own a physiotherapy business? 

Your parents can sponsor her once they have GC's. 

No we have a completely different business I don’t think so it’s gonna work for her 

but thank you so much I really appreciate all of your help 

if parents sponsor her how long it will take? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rabia Ahsan said:

No we have a completely different business I don’t think so it’s gonna work for her 

but thank you so much I really appreciate all of your help 

if parents sponsor her how long it will take? 

Assuming she remains single 12 to 15 years would be my guess.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

They can petition them as soon as they arrive and get their Passport Stamp.

So what is the plan for the younger ones?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

They can petition them as soon as they arrive and get their Passport Stamp.

So what is the plan for the younger ones?

They’re studying and they will stay with the uncle and grandma 

Timeline
Just now, Rabia Ahsan said:

They’re studying and they will stay with the uncle and grandma 

So can not the oldest also stay with them?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Boiler said:

So can not the oldest also stay with them?

Yes she can 

I’m just getting all the ideas 

I know this questions should belong to IR5 category but if during the interview officer asks my father who’s gonna take care of his kids can he say that my oldest daughter hopefully he’ll get his interview in 2 months 

and my mom’s case just started at NVC so she’ll also be in the country 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Rabia Ahsan said:

Yes she can 

I’m just getting all the ideas 

I know this questions should belong to IR5 category but if during the interview officer asks my father who’s gonna take care of his kids can he say that my oldest daughter hopefully he’ll get his interview in 2 months 

and my mom’s case just started at NVC so she’ll also be in the country 

Highly unlikely he will be asked but if he is just mention whatever the arrangements are it is not relevant 

3 hours ago, Rabia Ahsan said:

Do they have to wait (my parents IR5) to apply for their kids they have 2 kids 15 and 17 and one 20 my sister 

I mean like 3 year wait 

No, as advised above they can apply immediately. But it'll be a long wait for them to get visas though. Your parents need to carefully consider if they are happy to live apart from them for that long I guess? Particularly as they're not likely to get visitor visas either. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

No, as advised above they can apply immediately. But it'll be a long wait for them to get visas though. Your parents need to carefully consider if they are happy to live apart from them for that long I guess? Particularly as they're not likely to get visitor visas either. 

Is it 2-3 years wait  for children under 21?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.