201 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2024 at 11:40 AM, jg121783 said:

My wife just had her interview scheduled today for November 13th. Milwaukee field office. Got a question. We moved about a month ago and forgot to give USCIS our new address. Their website says you must notify them within 10 days of moving. How should we handle this? I'm assuming the interview notice will be mailed to our old address. If we do not receive it is a printout of the pdf adequate to take to the interview?

#1 update the address. She has to file AR-11 (or update online) within 10 days. Her sponsor (I guess you) must send physical I-865 within 30 days.

#2 Check with property manager etc at old address for physical mail

#3 Update driver's licenses (both yours and hers) to new address

#4 I hope your new address is within the same USCIS jurisdiction. Because if not, her N-400 will get denied.

Edited by OldUser

Soooooo....I received a notice just now that an action had been taken, and yay! I have been scheduled for interview! I dont know why but I suddenly felt overwhelmed and burst into tears 😆😭 Now to start panicking about my interview. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, donna777 said:

Soooooo....I received a notice just now that an action had been taken, and yay! I have been scheduled for interview! I dont know why but I suddenly felt overwhelmed and burst into tears 😆😭 Now to start panicking about my interview. 

That's exciting, congrats!! When did you file?

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

Timeline
8 minutes ago, donna777 said:

Thank you! Filed 4th May under the 3 year

Thanks! I filed under the 3 yr rule, too! Hope I'm next haha 😬

Edited by oneoftheunderdogs

Naturalization

Removal of Conditions

Marriage-Based AOS

Timeline
Just now, BaharPdx said:

Finally got my interview after exact 5 month of wait. My interview is on nov 19. Portland OR. May 10th filer. Under 5 years rule. 

Awesome!! Looks like there is finally some movement for us May filers!

Naturalization

Removal of Conditions

Marriage-Based AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

@am2352 

Hi, sorry for the late reply, but yes, a voter's registration desk was available that day.

Regards,

Maritah. 

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

Sep/27/2024 -- Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization issued.  (Journey over!) 

Oct/03/2024 --  We received the physical letter from SSA with the updated SSN card. 

Oct/15/2024 --  We received the physical letter from  NC DMV with my NC Real ID card. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everybody,

Since I requested my SSN card to be updated in my N-400, almost a week after my Oath Ceremony that was celebrated on September 27, I received the letter from the SSA  with my SSN card updated in my physical mailbox on Thursday, October 3.

On Friday (Oct 4)  I went to the NC DMV with my Certificate of Naturalization and the updated SSN card to process my NC REAL ID card to vote in this election. (Note: You need to check in your State the documents the DMV asks for to process yours) 

I followed this path cause it was faster to get the  Real ID card  (it takes 10 working days) than the passport (it takes 4 to 6 weeks to get it according to the website) 

If everything goes well, I will receive my  NC Real ID card next week, and after receiving it,  I will process my US Passport. 

Regards,

Maritah. 

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

Sep/27/2024 -- Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization issued.  (Journey over!) 

Oct/03/2024 --  We received the physical letter from SSA with the updated SSN card. 

Oct/15/2024 --  We received the physical letter from  NC DMV with my NC Real ID card. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hey everyone,would be having my N400 interview this Tuesday,was actually owing IRS but I paid it all on  Oct 2nd,right now I have zero balance owed on my IRS account but still waiting for a letter from IRS for a proof,confused on what to take along for my interview  as a proof of payment(3 years rule)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ajibade said:

Hey everyone,would be having my N400 interview this Tuesday,was actually owing IRS but I paid it all on  Oct 2nd,right now I have zero balance owed on my IRS account but still waiting for a letter from IRS for a proof,confused on what to take along for my interview  as a proof of payment(3 years rule)

If you have IRS account you can just download a copy of your account balance, that proof alone is enough

you can create IRS account in minutes if you don't have one

On 10/10/2024 at 9:38 PM, OldUser said:

#1 update the address. She has to file AR-11 (or update online) within 10 days. Her sponsor (I guess you) must send physical I-865 within 30 days.

#2 Check with property manager etc at old address for physical mail

#3 Update driver's licenses (both yours and hers) to new address

#4 I hope your new address is within the same USCIS jurisdiction. Because if not, her N-400 will get denied.

#1 Will they hold the fact that she didn't do the change of address in time against her as far as naturalization goes? If they ask her about it at the interview is simply telling the truth that we forgot gonna be an adequate answer?

#2 The landlord of the previous property sold it and I don't know how to get into contact with the new owner. Will a printed version of the interview letter be good enough?

#3 We will both do this ASAP.

#4 The new address is only a few blocks away from the old address so I think it would be the same jurisdiction.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

1 hour ago, jg121783 said:

#1 Will they hold the fact that she didn't do the change of address in time against her as far as naturalization goes? If they ask her about it at the interview is simply telling the truth that we forgot gonna be an adequate answer?

#2 The landlord of the previous property sold it and I don't know how to get into contact with the new owner. Will a printed version of the interview letter be good enough?

#3 We will both do this ASAP.

#4 The new address is only a few blocks away from the old address so I think it would be the same jurisdiction.

For #1, Just update address online now, it's a 2 minute task for AR-11.

Sending letter for I-865 takes a bit more effort, but again if you have stamp and envelope at home, just print out form, fill it and post today. It's a 20-30 minute task.

This way you both did what you're required to do. Better late than never.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.