201 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, BaharPdx said:

May 10th filer. I saw today my processing time from 3 months just updated to Estimated time* until case decision: 

Your case is taking longer than expected to process. 

did anyone got the same note?! 

does anyone knows why?! 

portland Oregon! Under 5 years rule

Have you tried chatting with Emma and asking to talk to a live agent? I think through that process you can also get in touch with an immigration officer, but I am not sure if it only works if you are way outside of standard processing. Hope you hear back soon! 

Edited by Marzipan-59

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, BaharPdx said:

May 10th filer. I saw today my processing time from 3 months just updated to Estimated time* until case decision: 

Your case is taking longer than expected to process. 

did anyone got the same note?! 

does anyone knows why?! 

portland Oregon! Under 5 years rule

Yes, I've got this note too. Seattle FO, seems their processing times dropped from 6 months to 5.5 months. But hey I don't see it haha.

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

37 minutes ago, Kai G. Llewellyn said:

Yes, I've got this note too. Seattle FO, seems their processing times dropped from 6 months to 5.5 months. But hey I don't see it haha.

I wonder why some cases are taking longer than others. Same FO, August filer but my roc is also pending.

We have a friend who filed on the same day as us (5 year rule not based on marriage) and they now have their interview scheduled.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, pnw12 said:

I wonder why some cases are taking longer than others. Same FO, August filer but my roc is also pending.

We have a friend who filed on the same day as us (5 year rule not based on marriage) and they now have their interview scheduled.

My case is a tad messy, I'm employed in Canada and work remotely and live in the US. I do have a lot of trips entered on the N-400 too, but I'm well within the physical presence requirements (less than 90 days outside over the 3 year period). There was also a name change on my application which I'm trying to cancel as I saw Seattle only do judicial ceremonies once per year. I ended up doing it via the courts instead. However, I haven't really found a good way to tell USCIS of that change. So with all of that I think they're passing over my case for 'easier' cases. At least that's my guess. 😕 

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

On 9/13/2024 at 2:13 PM, Tropical_Man1 said:

Did your interview notice eventually get updated? I still can't see mine after my interview was scheduled.

Just to update, yesterday 10/5, I received 2 notifications saying they have taken an action on my case, but seen nothing after log in. Today, before 9am, I received same notification and checked to see that my I 751 is approved/card is being produced. What a relieve! Now ready for my N 400 10/15. Almost at the end of the tunnel. Thankful to God for everything.

On 10/6/2024 at 9:04 AM, Big daddy said:

Just to update, yesterday 10/5, I received 2 notifications saying they have taken an action on my case, but seen nothing after log in. Today, before 9am, I received same notification and checked to see that my I 751 is approved/card is being produced. What a relieve! Now ready for my N 400 10/15. Almost at the end of the tunnel. Thankful to God for everything.

Looks like you were on Jim Hacking's show. He rightfully advised to be ready for anything. Definitely take approval letter for I-751 if you have it / can print from online portal.

Good luck!

Edited by OldUser

Have my dual interview scheduled later this week however my GC status updated to "card has been approved" this past weekend? why did that happen? this a glitch? 

4 minutes ago, Landsend1 said:

Have my dual interview scheduled later this week however my GC status updated to "card has been approved" this past weekend? why did that happen? this a glitch? 

No, your I-751 might have been approved prior to combo interview. Still, treat it as a combo interview and be ready for I-751 interview just in case. Bring your spouse, marital evidence etc. Hopefully this means you'll only have N-400, but you never know.

Edited by OldUser

23 minutes ago, OldUser said:

No, your I-751 might have been approved prior to combo interview. Still, treat it as a combo interview and be ready for I-751 interview just in case. Bring your spouse, marital evidence etc. Hopefully this means you'll only have N-400, but you never know.

I see. Hope that's the case but will be prepared either way. Thank you. 

For selective service evidence - I came under F1, maintained F1 until GC application and finally became a resident when I was 27. I'm assuming I was not eligible to register for selective service and thus no evidence is needed correct?

45 minutes ago, Landsend1 said:

I see. Hope that's the case but will be prepared either way. Thank you. 

For selective service evidence - I came under F1, maintained F1 until GC application and finally became a resident when I was 27. I'm assuming I was not eligible to register for selective service and thus no evidence is needed correct?

I wouldn't think evidence would be needed. The timeline is clear, you were over 25 when you got GC

Timeline

My interview just got scheduled.

Nov 19th! Let's goooo!

My wife just had her interview scheduled today for November 13th. Milwaukee field office. Got a question. We moved about a month ago and forgot to give USCIS our new address. Their website says you must notify them within 10 days of moving. How should we handle this? I'm assuming the interview notice will be mailed to our old address. If we do not receive it is a printout of the pdf adequate to take to the interview?

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.