201 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
34 minutes ago, BrunoEB5 said:

The wait is killing me, per lawfully data 157 interviews, 138 decisions and 237 people waiting 

Same.

Naturalization

4/30/2024 Eligible to file for Naturalization

5/18/2024 Filed N-400 online, biometrics reused

5/20/2024 Case is being actively reviewed

Removal of Conditions

4/30/2023   Eligible to file for ROC

5/1/2023     Sent ROC package via USPS

5/4/2023     Package delivered to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

5/9/2023     Received text message confirming receipt, case #IOE....

5/10/2023   Check was cashed

5/11/2023   Case is being actively reviewed

5/15/2023   NOA received in the mail, biometrics reused

Marriage-Based AOS

3/3/2021   Sent application package to Chicago Lockbox

5/25/2021 Biometrics Appointment

7/29/2021 Interview date (Approved on the spot)

8/11/2021 Received Green Card in the mail

17 minutes ago, Maritah said:

Hi everybody,

My Oath ceremony was scheduled for today at  8.15 am in the Charlotte Field office, which didn't cancel it even under the stormy weather.  

The security at the entrance took 15 minutes and one USCIS officer asked me for the letter, my  AOS Green card, my conditional green card, and my employment card.

A second officer made me check and confirm that the information in the certificate of naturalization (Name, Last name, DOB, country of origin, etc) is correct because If it's not, they will fix

it at no cost at that moment.  My information was correct and the officer handed it to me. 

The ceremony started at 9 am,  we were like 50 people in the little hall between applicants and guests,  and it lasted almost an hour. The speaker was a friendly lady who made the Oath ceremony a moment to celebrate. 

We got information about registering to vote and a welcome package from USCIS with the flag.  

The ceremony was full of joy and even made us forget that we had to drive in bad weather and wait in line outside the building under the rain and wind. 

Thank God the journey is over for my husband and me, and this would not be possible without all the help we got from the Visajourney Community, thanks to all the people who helped us all the way. 

I wish everyone good luck and hope for a speedy process.  If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me. 

Best regards! 

Maritah. 

901aef8d2a6312368012f64a93736c62.png

Awesome, congrats!

Thank you for sharing detailed experience.

What do you mean by AOS GC and how is it different to conditional GC?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

@OldUser Thank you! And about your question, here is my explanation: 

a) I entered the country under the K-1 Visa (Fiancée visa)  and married my  U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of arrival

b) After getting married,  I applied for a Green Card (lawful permanent resident status) by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust StatusInitially, the foreign spouse receives conditional permanent residence, valid for two years. (this is the conditional green card that I got)

c) To remove the conditions, I filled out Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (commonly known as ROC, which I didn't mention by mistake in my post), where I got a Green card for 10 years.  

The difference is that the AOS green card is a conditional one for 2 years, and the ROC green card is the one for 10 years, and both green cards are the ones that I gave to the officer today at my Oath ceremony.

Regards,

Maritah. 

May/29/2024 -- N-400 submitted online.

May/29/2024 -- NOA 1 released online.

May/29/2024 -- Biometrics Reuse letter released online. 

Jun/03/2024 -- Received the Biometrics Reuse letter in our mailbox at home.

July/21/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled. 

July 26/2024-- We received the physical letter with the notice that the N-400 interview was scheduled.

Sep/05/2024 -- N-400 Interview (passed!)

Sep/05/2024 -- Oath Ceremony will be scheduled. 

Sep/06/2024 -- We got an email with the notice that the Oath Ceremony was scheduled. 

Sep/17/2024 -- We received the physical letter with the info about the Oath Ceremony. 

Sep/27/2024 -- Oath Ceremony and Certificate of Naturalization issued.  (Journey over!) 

Oct/03/2024 --  We received the physical letter from SSA with the updated SSN card. 

Oct/15/2024 --  We received the physical letter from  NC DMV with my NC Real ID card. 

14 minutes ago, Maritah said:

@OldUser Thank you! And about your question, here is my explanation: 

a) I entered the country under the K-1 Visa (Fiancée visa)  and married my  U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of arrival

b) After getting married,  I applied for a Green Card (lawful permanent resident status) by filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust StatusInitially, the foreign spouse receives conditional permanent residence, valid for two years. (this is the conditional green card that I got)

c) To remove the conditions, I filled out Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (commonly known as ROC, which I didn't mention by mistake in my post), where I got a Green card for 10 years.  

The difference is that the AOS green card is a conditional one for 2 years, and the ROC green card is the one for 10 years, and both green cards are the ones that I gave to the officer today at my Oath ceremony.

Regards,

Maritah. 

Thank you for explaining, I was confused by this:

59 minutes ago, Maritah said:

the letter, my  AOS Green card, my conditional green card, and my employment card.

To me AOS GC and conditional GC are the same. Thought maybe you had a stamp or something.

But I see what you mean.

This probably doesnt mean anything and is just some weird glitch 😅, but today I logged in to check if there was any updates and there isnt but instead of it saying 2 months until decision time, it rather specifically says 23 days 😆 🤷‍♀️ ...here's to hoping

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, donna777 said:

This probably doesnt mean anything and is just some weird glitch 😅, but today I logged in to check if there was any updates and there isnt but instead of it saying 2 months until decision time, it rather specifically says 23 days 😆 🤷‍♀️ ...here's to hoping

After receiving appointment notice my wait time jumped from 4 month to 7 :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, MrSingle2020 said:

After receiving appointment notice my wait time jumped from 4 month to 7 :)

Same for me, it went back to 7 month after I received the appointment letter.

Yeah, Im sure after the weekend its going to jump back up to the 2 months 😅 but for now I will live in the misguided hope that theres only 23 days left 😆

17 hours ago, WonkyWink said:

Same for me, it went back to 7 month after I received the appointment letter.

16 hours ago, donna777 said:

Yeah, Im sure after the weekend its going to jump back up to the 2 months 😅 but for now I will live in the misguided hope that theres only 23 days left 😆

CC @Skyman

Notice the accuracy of these estimates. Imagine if weather forecast said "It's going to be sunny 85F tomorrow" and in an hour changed to "It's going to snow tomorrow, highest temperature 20F". How accurate this forecast would be?

6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

CC @Skyman

Notice the accuracy of these estimates. Imagine if weather forecast said "It's going to be sunny 85F tomorrow" and in an hour changed to "It's going to snow tomorrow, highest temperature 20F". How accurate this forecast would be?

Yes there's absolutely no accuracy 😅...mine now says 22 days...at least its consistent 😆

On 9/28/2024 at 3:56 PM, donna777 said:

Me too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.