JojoandTomas

MAY 2024 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
24 minutes ago, nautilus808 said:

Their are others that have the case sent to their respective embassy in 3 weeks from Noa2 date.

It depends on when your case lands on the person's desk, the time frame is usually quick, within 2 weeks.
That is why they say after 2 weeks you can make an inquiry to get your case number. Although, sometimes this can take up to 4 weeks.

However, there is a time line as well that they only ship out packets every 2 weeks.  So, If your packet landed on someone's desk the day after shipping you will probably be there for 4 or 6 weeks before they get shipped to the embassy - depending on how quickly and accurately you provide them with the information they need. Some of the delays at this stage will be dependent upon how quickly you fill everything out. 

I fully understand you want to be on the next step. It will come. 

Timeline
On 5/3/2024 at 7:16 AM, JojoandTomas said:

They are answering through the below emails :

➡️  NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

OR

➡️ NVCResearch@state.gov ⬅️

Just to let people know if you send an email to NVCinquiry@state.gov they will send you an auto response that you cannot use their email you must use their website.

"To Whom it Concerns:

Thank you for contacting the National Visa Center (NVC). This is an automatically generated email response. Please do not reply to this email.

In order to ensure your private information is protected, NVC will only respond to inquiries received through the Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. If you submitted your inquiry directly to this email address, please resubmit at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry in order to receive a response..."

On 5/30/2024 at 5:45 PM, SundryCoder said:

Just to let people know if you send an email to NVCinquiry@state.gov they will send you an auto response that you cannot use their email you must use their website.

"To Whom it Concerns:

Thank you for contacting the National Visa Center (NVC). This is an automatically generated email response. Please do not reply to this email.

In order to ensure your private information is protected, NVC will only respond to inquiries received through the Public Inquiry Form at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry. If you submitted your inquiry directly to this email address, please resubmit at https://nvc.state.gov/inquiry in order to receive a response..."

Thank you! I’ll update the next post

Timeline

I received a response from NVC today:

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition from U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.  Your NVC case number is [].  Due to your petition type, you will not receive a request for fee payment or document submission.

All case parties will be notified when this petition is forwarded to the assigned U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

For the most up to date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulates current operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

The correct case number is [].

Anyone know what this means for our process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SundryCoder said:

I received a response from NVC today:

To Whom it Concerns:

The National Visa Center (NVC) has received your petition from U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.  Your NVC case number is [].  Due to your petition type, you will not receive a request for fee payment or document submission.

All case parties will be notified when this petition is forwarded to the assigned U.S. Embassy/Consulate General.

For the most up to date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulates current operating status, please visit their website at https://usembassy.gov.

The correct case number is [].

Anyone know what this means for our process?

Yep, it means you pay fees and submit docs directly to your embassy.  NVC has other visas where they take payment or docs; not the K1.

Edited by hplusj
*supporting docs. The DS-160 is still done online

Our K-1 Journey

7 Aug 2023: I-129F petition mailed.

9 Aug 2023: NOA1, arrives approx. a week after mailing with this issuance date.

1 Mar 2024: NOA2 (v 1.0) issued.  Time between NOAs, 205 days (6 months 23 days).  NOA2 exp date 30 Jun 2024.

8 Mar 2024: NVC received case.

1 Apr 2024: after one inquiry, NVC provided case #.

8 May 2024: NOA2 (v 2.0) issued.  Same USCIS #, same case #, new exp date of 7 Sep 2024.

May-June 2024: many inquiries sent to NVC as well as the embassy, as we see other K1s with later NOA2s are sent to Johannesburg before us.  Involved senators to investigate, refused to assist without expedite request.  Emailed the White House, end of June 2024.

2 Jul 2024: case leaves the NVC for Johannesburg.  Total wait time at NVC, 123 days (4 months 1 day).

5 Jul 2024: consulate in Johannesburg receives case.

8 Jul 2024: Packets 3 & 4 received, medical and visa appointments scheduled.

23 Jul 2024: medical appointment with Dr. Brauer (Cape Town).

8 Aug 2024: visa interview with CO in Johannesburg, 16 days after medical.  Visa not issued because medical packet wasn't filed yet.  Passport and birth certificate kept by CO.  Total time from NOA1 to interview/approval, 365 days (exactly 1 year).

13 Aug 2024: email to consulate due to CEAC still displaying "Application Received" status, instead of the predicted "Refused" or "Administrative Processing".

14 Aug 2024: consulate reply, they are currently processing visa.  CEAC status changes to "Approved" (no refused or AP statuses prior).

15 Aug 2024: CEAC case status changed to "Issued"

20 Aug 2024: K1 visa in hand!

Timeline
6 hours ago, hplusj said:

Yep, it means you pay fees and submit docs directly to your embassy.  NVC has other visas where they take payment or docs; not the K1.

thank you i understand it better now

Timeline
13 hours ago, jenar19 said:

my case was approve may 1 and still no case number, i did public inquiry and they reply me that my case was recently received and awaiting for data entry. how long is the data entry? 

It is not long but i did not hear from them until they shipped my package.
Which they do every 2 weeks.
I got my email notice from them on Tuesday.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 7/7/2024 at 2:16 PM, nautilus808 said:

Our case made it to NVC for a day and is now marked in transit to te embassy

That's great! It will be there soon!
I hope everything is going well on your journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.