JojoandTomas

MAY 2024 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

26 posts in this topic

Welcome and Congratulations on your approval!

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2  K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case onwards to your Embassy.  

A few helpful NVC links:

NVC phone number is  (603)334-0888

🚨  Please note:  They are currently NOT answering queries over the phone!! 🚨

They are answering through the below emails :

➡️  NVCinquiry@state.gov ⬅️

OR

➡️ NVCResearch@state.gov ⬅️

Once you’ve received your NVC case number you can track your case online using the following link, until it is sent to your embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?App=IV

If you need to submit an inquiry, change an address , or need to update your info in anyway NVC also has a public inquiry form where you can submit your request as well as other requests:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html

Also, inside the attached PDF below are a few tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so they have been very helpfully put together by senior VJ Member Greenbaum for you to refer to when necessary. If you are new to this thread, please read these first as these are the most asked questions.

Please note, it was brought to my attention that some of the information may be outdated, but most of the helpful tips and tricks are still accurate. Regarding your packet 3, there isn’t anyone within VJ currently providing that information for each embassy so that part of the PDF may be disregarded.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

NVC sends petitions to the embassy every two weeks on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I noticed a 2024 shipping calendar being shared so I have included it below. 

You can use that calendar to track when the next shipment date will be. 

IMG_2658.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I-129F (Sent to USCIS):                    11.30.2023
I-129F (Received by USCIS):            12.05.2023
I-129F Noticed (NOA1):                     12.07.2023
I-129F REF:                                        04.22.2024
I-129F REF (Sent to USCIS):             04.23.2024
I-129F REF (Received by USCIS):    04.24.2024
Date I-129F (Approved) :                  05.01.2024

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
1 minute ago, nautilus808 said:

Our case was approved on April 29, how long shall we expect to wait for an NVC case number? Uscis does not show case was sent to NVC. I have submitted public inquiries and received generic replies

I highly recommend you give the google drive link in the OP a click, it walks you through the NVC stage.

Our K-1 Journey

7 Aug 2023: I-129F petition mailed.

9 Aug 2023: NOA1, arrives approx. a week after mailing with this issuance date.

1 Mar 2024: NOA2 (v 1.0) issued.  Time between NOAs, 205 days (6 months 23 days).  NOA2 exp date 30 Jun 2024.

8 Mar 2024: NVC received case.

1 Apr 2024: after one inquiry, NVC provided case #.

8 May 2024: NOA2 (v 2.0) issued.  Same USCIS #, same case #, new exp date of 7 Sep 2024.

May-June 2024: many inquiries sent to NVC as well as the embassy, as we see other K1s with later NOA2s are sent to Johannesburg before us.  Involved senators to investigate, refused to assist without expedite request.  Emailed the White House, end of June 2024.

2 Jul 2024: case leaves the NVC for Johannesburg.  Total wait time at NVC, 123 days (4 months 1 day).

5 Jul 2024: consulate in Johannesburg receives case.

8 Jul 2024: Packets 3 & 4 received, medical and visa appointments scheduled.

23 Jul 2024: medical appointment with Dr. Brauer (Cape Town).

8 Aug 2024: visa interview with CO in Johannesburg, 16 days after medical.  Visa not issued because medical packet wasn't filed yet.  Passport and birth certificate kept by CO.  Total time from NOA1 to interview/approval, 365 days (exactly 1 year).

13 Aug 2024: email to consulate due to CEAC still displaying "Application Received" status, instead of the predicted "Refused" or "Administrative Processing".

14 Aug 2024: consulate reply, they are currently processing visa.  CEAC status changes to "Approved" (no refused or AP statuses prior).

15 Aug 2024: CEAC case status changed to "Issued"

20 Aug 2024: K1 visa in hand!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, nautilus808 said:

I read on other threads that the info on google drive is outdated. Its from 2020. Is some of it still relevant?

Not all of it.  Acquiring your case number from NVC is one of a majority of things that has not changed.

Our K-1 Journey

1 Mar 2024: NOA2 (v 1.0) issued.  Time between NOAs, 205 days (6 months 23 days).  NOA2 exp date 30 Jun 2024.

8 May 2024: NOA2 (v 2.0) issued.  Same USCIS #, same case #, new exp date of 7 Sep 2024.

May-June 2024: many inquiries sent to NVC as well as the embassy, as we see other K1s with later NOA2s are sent to Johannesburg before us.  Involved senators to investigate, refused to assist without expedite request.  Emailed the White House, end of June 2024.

2 Jul 2024: case leaves the NVC for Johannesburg.  Total wait time at NVC, 123 days (4 months 1 day).

8 Aug 2024: visa interview with CO in Johannesburg, 16 days after medical.  Visa not issued because medical packet wasn't filed yet.  Passport and birth certificate kept by CO.  Total time from NOA1 to interview/approval, 365 days (exactly 1 year).

13 Aug 2024: email to consulate due to CEAC still displaying "Application Received" status, instead of the predicted "Refused" or "Administrative Processing".

14 Aug 2024: consulate reply, they are currently processing visa.  CEAC status changes to "Approved" (no refused or AP statuses prior).

Timeline

I received the following letter from the NVC
IE: check the timelines before making an inquiry as of this writing they are looking at items they received on the 16th of April which means those of us who got their NOA2 in May are not yet be entered into their system: 

Thank you for your inquiry. Our records do not show that we received your petition.

It can take up to six weeks for an approved petition from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to arrive at the National Visa Center (NVC). Once we receive it, we will enter your petition into the U.S. Department of State's database systems.

For current processing times, please visit our website at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes for English and https://nvc.state.gov/plazos for Spanish. If your approved petition was sent to NVC later than the listed processing times, you do not need to take any action.

If your petition was approved before the dates NVC is working on, please send us a scanned copy of your I-797 or I-171 Notice of Action - Approval Notice.  You can attach it to an email and send it to nvcresearch@state.gov.

·         In the subject line of your email, please type only the receipt number from your I-797 Approval Notice.

·         If you have more than one petition, send a separate email for each petition

·         Once we receive the copy of your approval notice, we will contact USCIS to find your petition.

Before you send us an email, please check your Notice of Action and make sure it says your petition was approved and sent to NVC.  If it says that USCIS kept your petition, or if it is not an approval, contact USCIS for more information. You can contact them on their website at https://uscis.gov, or by telephone at 1-800-375-5283.

Timeline
On 5/16/2024 at 6:55 PM, nautilus808 said:

Our case was approved on April 29, how long shall we expect to wait for an NVC case number? Uscis does not show case was sent to NVC. I have submitted public inquiries and received generic replies

I used the system too look at people with a similar timeline as me and there are 2 other couples one 2 weeks ahead of my NOA2 and one a month ahead of my NOA2 
In both cases it was a little under 4 weeks that both of their NOA2 was received by NVC.

Hopefully they get to you next week; but this is a long weekend. "First weekend of summer" and many people take vacations.  So, I'd assume the 1st week of June and if they happen to get to it sooner, then great!

9 hours ago, SundryCoder said:

I used the system too look at people with a similar timeline as me and there are 2 other couples one 2 weeks ahead of my NOA2 and one a month ahead of my NOA2 
In both cases it was a little under 4 weeks that both of their NOA2 was received by NVC.

Hopefully they get to you next week; but this is a long weekend. "First weekend of summer" and many people take vacations.  So, I'd assume the 1st week of June and if they happen to get to it sooner, then great!

Yep, we are hoping in the next 2 weeks

9 hours ago, SundryCoder said:

I also track other time lines . How do you explain these lucky people?

436753731_1737450506664014_8354087941931015254_n.jpg

436466697_1210176533280961_1644643186007560563_n.jpg

436130017_7725057260866614_4635975313954978680_n.jpg

Timeline
12 hours ago, nautilus808 said:

I also track other time lines . How do you explain these lucky people?

I do not understand.  The people here had their information sent to NVC. Doesn't mean NVC has received the information yet.

Timeline

I don't call anything lucky until you're on US soil 😂  A lot can go awry up until that point

Our K-1 Journey

Timeline
2 minutes ago, nautilus808 said:

Their are others that have the case sent to their respective embassy in 3 weeks from Noa2 date.

Happy for them then.  But there are a broad range of outcomes on the next stage though, and it's best to stay pragmatic.  How lucky is a person really, if they reach one point quickly but have no idea how long the next will take?

Our K-1 Journey

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.