fm2002

Question regarding the "DS-160 Family Information: Fiance/Fiancee"

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

hi, 

Im working on the DS-160 too, i am the beneficiary.
as an answer to this question i indeed put the petitioner as fiancé. 

Also, for the Question if someone has ever filed an inmmigrant petition on my behalf, i answerd yes and in the box where you can elaborate this, i wrote that My fiancé, the petitioner filed the i-129F on my behalf.

Im not sure if this is what they ment, but in case of doubt, i will answer the blunt truth! Always better than leaving it open i guess?

I-129F - 2023, September 28

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

NVC Case# - 2024, April 19

Consulate Received - 2024, April 25

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

P3 & P4 received - 2024, May 16

Medical exam - 2024, June 7

Interview - 2024, July 12, APPROVED!

Visa Issued - 2024, July 16

Visa Received - 2024, July 18

US Entry - 2024, August 24

Wedding planned - 2024, Oktober 31

To be continued...

💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Rosaly said:

hi, 

Im working on the DS-160 too, i am the beneficiary.
as an answer to this question i indeed put the petitioner as fiancé. 

Also, for the Question if someone has ever filed an inmmigrant petition on my behalf, i answerd yes and in the box where you can elaborate this, i wrote that My fiancé, the petitioner filed the i-129F on my behalf.

Im not sure if this is what they ment, but in case of doubt, i will answer the blunt truth! Always better than leaving it open i guess?

I-129F is non-immigrant petition. If you never had I-130 filed for you, or some other immigrant visa, answer should be "no" though I do not think it is huge deal to answer yes, Embassy can fix it if they need it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
17 hours ago, SneakyPete said:

I-129F is non-immigrant petition. If you never had I-130 filed for you, or some other immigrant visa, answer should be "no" though I do not think it is huge deal to answer yes, Embassy can fix it if they need it.

I got confused, When i look up the case status on CEAC i have to select immigrant visa. 🤔 Do i need to look at it like this:  the petition is non immigrant and the K visa itself is immigrant?

I-129F - 2023, September 28

NOA1 - 2023, October 2

NOA2 - 2024, March 29

NVC Case# - 2024, April 19

Consulate Received - 2024, April 25

DS-160+$$ - 2024, May 14

P3 & P4 received - 2024, May 16

Medical exam - 2024, June 7

Interview - 2024, July 12, APPROVED!

Visa Issued - 2024, July 16

Visa Received - 2024, July 18

US Entry - 2024, August 24

Wedding planned - 2024, Oktober 31

To be continued...

💖

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/2/2024 at 2:31 AM, Rosaly said:

I got confused, When i look up the case status on CEAC i have to select immigrant visa. 🤔 Do i need to look at it like this:  the petition is non immigrant and the K visa itself is immigrant?

K-1 visa is confusing. It is non-immigrrant visa but at Embassies it is being processed by their Immigrant Visa division (IV) After interview, you will notice CEAC status will change to non-immgrant (black letters on top) and at that point you will be able to search for it by using AA number from your DS-160 on CEAC non-immigrant part. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.