• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone else listen to the radio on Sunday morning - Flashback - will Bill St. James?

I can rememebr hearing repeats of that show at 2AM somewhere outside of Sydney, NE.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Oh go ahead!! Make fun of me! You are a sweetie now? aww :( that's too bad.

I think all men say that...lol do they mean it? I doubt it ;)

I have to be a sweetie --- I spent too much time in OT last week and saw what I could become.... the ghosts of Xmas future.... scary sister. :blink:

p.s. I can still be the usual b1tch y'all love and adore, but with certain decorum :devil:

I think my brotherly love is wearing you down. :lol::lol::lol:

IR5

Timeline
:angry:Does anyone else listen to the radio on Sunday morning - Flashback - will Bill St. James?

Never heard of it, is it good?

Nick will be here in 5 days...I better start getting ready....

Shave my legs, ya know, all that fun stuff.

Haven't shaved them in like 4 weeks..LMAO! What's the point, right girls? LOL :lol:

I knew a guy who was really into bodybuilding and competing and if you think shaving your legs is bad, this guy looked like he was wearing a fur coat. I think he resorted to using a 55 gallon drum of neet. :lol: That's one of the reasons I never went into competitive bodybuilding, well...that and the dieting and the exercise. :lol: Every time I considered exercising, I had to lie down until the thought passed. :lol:

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline
oh yuck :unsure:

Looks like she suffers from hirsutism or it could be a fake. Reminds me of wrestling in gym class, I can think of many things I'd rather do than wrestling a bunch of sweaty, hair guys. :lol: Like wrestling a hairy, sweaty women. :lol: Well at least she looks better than the guys I wrestled. :lol:

IR5

Every time I considered exercising, I had to lie down until the thought passed. :lol:

Like your cat in that photo?

Hmmm?

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
Hairy legs of the world.... unite!!! :protest:

I live in Seattle. Therefore I protest :)

I was listing all the things I need to do this week before I leave. Number 4 is "shave legs."

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Timeline

Every time I considered exercising, I had to lie down until the thought passed. :lol:

Hmmm?

The cat's in much better shape. :lol:

IR5

Hmmm?

The cat's in much better shape. :lol:

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I got my 9 x Midnight Special DVD's today, via Canada Post delivering on a Sunday, which of course they always do around Christmas, but amazing none-the-less.

Midnight special, for those who aren't familiar ran, I believe, between 73 and 80 - bands, singers, comedians.

Few things I noticed, which you generally tend to forget. First thing that stood out were all the cords, which I do still remember, but the guitars, the mics - cords everywhere. One of the microphones even had like electrical tape on it (everything wasn't 'perfect').

Which brings me to the other thing that so glaringly stood out, all these people looked like real people! There was no attitude, they were just people up there - singing. Their teeth weren't perfect, no one in particular had done their hair (Bowie and Stewart excluded haha) and the men weren't wearing makeup (Bowie and Kiss excluded :)).

You have to wonder if most of these artists would have even been able to get on a program if they were starting out today.

Oh and Lionel Ritchie had a really noticeable lisp, which he doesn't seem to have anymore. One of the pointer sisters was wearing a short shirt and she wasn't a rail - which made me think of the whole omg Britney Spears gained 5 lbs stupidity.

Anyway, that's my Midnight Special report.

Edited by trailmix

So I got my 9 x Midnight Special DVD's today, via Canada Post delivering on a Sunday, which of course they always do around Christmas, but amazing none-the-less.

Midnight special, for those who aren't familiar ran, I believe, between 73 and 80 - bands, singers, comedians.

Few things I noticed, which you generally tend to forget. First thing that stood out were all the cords, which I do still remember, but the guitars, the mics - cords everywhere. One of the microphones even had like electrical tape on it (everything wasn't 'perfect').

Which brings me to the other thing that so glaringly stood out, all these people looked like real people! There was no attitude, they were just people up there - singing. Their teeth weren't perfect, no one in particular had done their hair (Bowie and Stewart excluded haha) and the men weren't wearing makeup (Bowie and Kiss excluded :)).

You have to wonder if most of these artists would have even been able to get on a program if they were starting out today.

Oh and Lionel Ritchie had a really noticeable lisp, which he doesn't seem to have anymore. One of the pointer sisters was wearing a short shirt and she wasn't a rail - which made me think of the whole omg Britney Spears gained 5 lbs stupidity.

Anyway, that's my Midnight Special report.

A while back I saw an old film clip (it must have been film, video was not invented yet, on some oldies show) of Diana Ross and the Supreme's singing a cute one (aren't they all). They were wearing white lacey dresses, with a high neckline (turtle neck), long sleeves and past the knee. Their faces shiny and made up a little. Hair slicked into place....neat.

Everything so...proper.

It shocked me after having seen a whatshername video...ooouuu Aguilera, where I felt dirty and needed to take a bath. Bleh!

Things were way different...man do I sound old. :lol:

I am...and young too. Ha.

It's good to have it all.

;)

Some balance would be nice...something in between what I described above.

Skinny is NOT sexy.

Sexy comes from how you feel about your self and hence your body.

Edited by SpiritAlight

Over & out, Spirit

I'm a geek - I spent the last lost-track-of-time hours playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on my new Nintendo DS (a Hanukkah gift from the hubby).

If that's enough to make you go "Whaaaa?" I sat next to Bee while he stormed through Mass Effect on his XBOX 360 :lol:

We also tried cooking pot roast tonight, but the instructions on the TJ's label were waaaaaaay wrong and we didn't let the roast slow-cook long enough. We should've known that there was something wrong with cooking a pot roast for only an hour. <_<

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Oh gosh...Midnight Special...that brings back memories! Would be fun to watch again. It's funny how your whole perception changes in 30 years eh? :blink:

Sounds like it would be a fun blast from the past! Enjoy your DVD's!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We got Lost Season 3 this weekend and have been pouring over it all weekend (it stormed here in the North East this weekend).. SO.. we're only about 6 episodes from the Finale of Season 3!! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.