thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning. Thought I'd offer the first cup of coffee today before moving onto the threads. Gene's coming home today! :dance::dance:

Carla (F)

ty carla :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
Is it just me or is customer service generally lacking in the US? Or is it just the states I have been to.

sad to say, i think it's all over the usa. i just had a major fight with my isp a few days ago. i'm going to let mastercard know about the content of that conversation. i'm finding it hard to believe that if i dispute the charges from them on my mastercard they will cut off my internet while it's resolved. that isn't what disputing a charge is about, nor will too many do that. it's darth vader business practices and i really doubt mastercard is aware of it, and i'm certain that merchants have to abide by mastercard's rules during a dispute.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
Is it just me or is customer service generally lacking in the US? Or is it just the states I have been to.

It's generally lacking. Out of everywhere I've been, Buffalo has to be THE most customer service oriented city, hands down. Not terribly impressed with anywhere else, though. :(

sad to say, i think it's all over the usa. i just had a major fight with my isp a few days ago. i'm going to let mastercard know about the content of that conversation. i'm finding it hard to believe that if i dispute the charges from them on my mastercard they will cut off my internet while it's resolved. that isn't what disputing a charge is about, nor will too many do that. it's darth vader business practices and i really doubt mastercard is aware of it, and i'm certain that merchants have to abide by mastercard's rules during a dispute.

It's the same type of "service" here in Florida. I am appalled at how customers are treated. Don't get me started. :angry:

iagree.gif

I think I'm changing it to MissStacey. Being in the South- it is what I get called often.

When I picked up my stepson from school last time, the lady told me he always says "My Miss Stacey is coming to pick me up today." :luv:

Good morning. Thought I'd offer the first cup of coffee today before moving onto the threads. Gene's coming home today! :dance::dance:

Carla (F)

ty carla :thumbs:

Miss Stacey is cute!

Sprailenes, I agree, Customer Service here sucks! Well, that's been my experience in St. Louis. I mentioned this to a neighbour, and she just shrugged. I think that's what most people do. I don't think it's acceptable, and won't just shrug. I make it a point to always be polite and pleasant with sales staff, and I expect the same. I'm shopping in their store, they want my business, then they'd better treat me like their bread and butter... :lol: Saying that however, if I don't get good customer service, then I'm not just going to take my business elsewhere either. At least not until I've brought something up with the manager to see if they can't make things right, or make some changes with their service or personnel. If you don't say anything, then nothing will change.

You're welcome charles!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking as someone who gets abused by customers regularly, there are some days and some people who make it VERY difficult to be kind.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Timeline

So. I came home yesterday to a Christmas card on my driveway. I picked it up and took it inside. It had a weird odour but I opened it anyway. IT WAS FROM THE GARBAGE MEN!!!!! :blink: So I said out loud (to no one but myself) "So THAT'S why it smells like garbage." (I kid you not, people.)

Questions..... is this something that American garbagemen do? I've never received a Christmas card from my garbageman before. Are they expecting me to leave them a card with a tip? :unsure:

iagree.gif

So. I came home yesterday to a Christmas card on my driveway. I picked it up and took it inside. It had a weird odour but I opened it anyway. IT WAS FROM THE GARBAGE MEN!!!!! :blink: So I said out loud (to no one but myself) "So THAT'S why it smells like garbage." (I kid you not, people.)

Questions..... is this something that American garbagemen do? I've never received a Christmas card from my garbageman before. Are they expecting me to leave them a card with a tip? :unsure:

Wow, is that ever weird! But SWEET! haha That is so heartwarming....truly! Anyway, I don't know about that. I've never got a card from the sanitary engineer before! Here, we pay monthly for our garbage pick up. I've only ever seen the company once actually pick it up, so I don't have any personal relationship with them. It's not a "public service" here, so I'm not going to be giving them a card, or tip.

The mailman on the other hand has been a real sweetie. His name is Joe and he's a very very kind man. I've spoken to him many times. Now, I can't give him a gift of cash, as he's a public employee, but I am planning on giving him a Christmas card, with a gift cerficiate from a local coffee shop around the corner. Might be nice for him to stop in a for hot mug of coffee this winter!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Speaking as someone who gets abused by customers regularly, there are some days and some people who make it VERY difficult to be kind.

i sure hope you don't work for hughesnet :ranting: oh have i got some stories for you about them!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Morning :)

I think my post from yesterday got buried like in a huge pile of snow!

I asked for an idea to change my name cause I have never done it in 20 months , but I don't have any :unsure:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to bring great customer service to this area! As soon as I am allowed to work of course! But watch out south jersey...Ima comin! :D

:lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i sure hope you don't work for hughesnet :ranting: oh have i got some stories for you about them!

LOL No, I don't work for them. I work for a small, independantly owned specialty needlework and knitting shop, where we get customers who threaten us with "well, I just won't come here anymore" when they don't get what they want (most of time ridiculous requests, I might add). I can only bend over backwards for so long, people!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

LOL No, I don't work for them. I work for a small, independantly owned specialty needlework and knitting shop, where we get customers who threaten us with "well, I just won't come here anymore" when they don't get what they want (most of time ridiculous requests, I might add). I can only bend over backwards for so long, people!

i've never seen anything like hughesnet. two times this year the internet went out because they didn't inform me of some changes in the settings that i should do at my end. the first time it was out for just over a week, the second time it worked but i could not access a secure site for 2 months (https:// ). i fiddeled with it thinking it was something on my end, thinking all that time no, they couldn't do this again but finally gave up and sure enough, it was them again! and to top it all off, every time i've had to contact them about these changes in settings, they email me a customer comment form. they have my email, why can't they inform me of these changes prior to my system being broke? eta: the last instance i was told by the tech when i explained the issue that "it's a known problem...." the first words outta his mouth!

this latest episode was when i changed modems from the older type to the newer type, the idjits changed the plan i had and the price went up $21.81 a month. oh it was their fault again, a computer error! right! but what irked me out of it all was telling two customer service reps that i wanted the overcharge credited back to my credit card (i believe i'd have a difficult time disputing the charge if they gave me a credit on my account instead of crediting the card back if i paid the bill and the so called credit disappeared). nor do i see a reason to pay them in advance for service! things got escalated all the way to some supervisor, and he's the one that told me if i put that charge in dispute with my credit card that my service would be cut off until it's resolved. that does not sound like something mastercard would agree with.

:ranting:

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Morning :)

I think my post from yesterday got buried like in a huge pile of snow!

I asked for an idea to change my name cause I have never done it in 20 months , but I don't have any :unsure:

Awwwwwww I saw your post yesterday, but I thought you were saying that you didn't know what you'd change your name to, if you could. I don't think you should change your name quite frankly! Your name is cute!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
I don't think you should change your name quite frankly! Your name is cute!

Carla (F)

i agree :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.