• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn... it looks awesome!! LOVE the color (colour IS of course and always WILL be the correct spelling)!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I got a new do today.... it looks better in real then in the pictures...

2008_1214_162040.jpg

2008_1214_162159.jpg

now I have to waste a new haircut and blow out at the laundromat ad grocery store :P

hey where's the smile? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have never been able to smile on command :P I look like a freak when I smile... only time I have a nice smile in a picture is where someone has got me off guard...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Ooo very nice!

I love the colour of your hair Marilyn.

Marilyn... it looks awesome!! LOVE the color (colour IS of course and always WILL be the correct spelling)!

thanks gals :)

my hair looks kind of reddish because of the flash I guess... I just got it cut today, no colour, I usually do that myself.....

hubby picked out a colour for me to try... but I haven't used it yet.. it is called, Intense Red Copper.. :unsure:

I love the cut though... we will see how it looks after I wash it and stuff.. I don't know how to blow out my hair.. :P

I think the price went up another 5 bucks at the place I go to, now with the 5 dollar tip i usually give the cut costs 40 bucks... I still think I get a good deal though because that includes washing the hair, the cut, and a blow dry... and they always do an awesome job there.. I have never had a a bad haircut from there yet... the only other downside is that it is almost 30 minutes away....

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It does look good :) I love the feeling of my hair coming out of the salon. I love the stuff they use! Im the same way with my hair. I have somebody cut it and I colour it, even experimenting with more than one colour (red on top, black on the bottom as of lately) Blow drying hair out takes some serious patience for anybody. I usually start with the bottom at the neck line and then go in small sections up. I always run my straightener through it afterward, and makes it extra extra extra straight and I love it! My new colour looks good, but I want to let the colour sit as looong as possible before I wash it again. Once thats done, Ill post pics :D

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

I am in the salon for about an hour and the cut maybe takes 10 to 15 minutes the rest of the time she spends blowing out my my hair... :o.. it would probably take me a lot longer then that :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I had the strangest teller at the grocery store today.... I was busy piling stuff onto the conveyor thing and he just started blurting out random things like, "I see you are buying corn syrup, light corn syrup even.." "or "you sure are buying a lot of icing sugar" - I had one little bag ..lol

after I finished getting everything out of the cart, I went to start packing and the guy kept pushing the stuff down the belt and the stuff on the end was getting squished.. also he just seemed to chuck things on the belt.. :blink:

so then I payed and went to finish packing... I was almost done.. when I heard something fall.. it was my eggs which were the last thing on the belt.. I guess the cashier while helping the next customer had pushed something and the eggs fell...

so they got me some more eggs.. and the teller handed them to me and was just kind of standing there :blink: , then he said "next time be more careful, i didn't know the eggs were so close to the edge" and I am thinking, I was not the one who put the eggs there :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning everyone! Very cool here today. We had an ice/sleet storm during the night, and the roads are treacherous! Glad I don't have to go anywhere this morning. I told Gene to call me when he got to work so that I know he got there safely. Can't complain about the temp though, since when I talked to my son last night, it was -40. ick! Don't miss that!

Marilyn, your hair is gorgeous! I know what you mean about the price of a cut. I do get mine for about 20 dollars cheaper than I did in Canada, but to me, if it's a great cut, and you like the way she does it, than stick with her!

pepe.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: carlacoffee for monday!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Morning all... it's Monday.. *sigh.. Monday's suck. :( Anywho.,. hope everyone had a good weekend!!

Marilyn, sounds like you got a cashier that needs a little training in Customer Service perhaps? :P

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Morning all... it's Monday.. *sigh.. Monday's suck. :( Anywho.,. hope everyone had a good weekend!!

Marilyn, sounds like you got a cashier that needs a little training in Customer Service perhaps? :P

Monday's are my favourite day of the week! I know that "officially" Sunday is the beginning of a week, but I prefer to make mine Monday. The first day of the week is the opportunity of "newness"! Kind of like New Years Day. The first day of a new week, a chance to make some resolutions for the week, a time to make changes of betterment in the week, for yourself and others!

carlahmsb4.gif

Beautiful "do", and blue eyes *Marylin*!

Here in Chicago it has gone from 51.9 degrees yesterday to -17 F today.

I am packing and getting ready to blow this popsicle stand! :lol:

Good morning all and happy New Week (I like that Carla)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Monday's are my favourite day of the week! I know that "officially" Sunday is the beginning of a week, but I prefer to make mine Monday. The first day of the week is the opportunity of "newness"! Kind of like New Years Day. The first day of a new week, a chance to make some resolutions for the week, a time to make changes of betterment in the week, for yourself and others!

Mondays are my least favourite day of the week and 99% of the reason why is because of my commute to work. Monday mornings and Friday afternoons are the most heavily trafficked days here in North Jersey. I just moved quite a distance from my job and went from a 18 mile to commute to a 50 mile commute one way. :wacko: I left my house at 6:15 am and didn't get to work this morning because of traffic until 7:45.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.