thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You guys need the dual control elec blanket!

We have one, but we don't have the temperature/turn the heat up thing. We use our elec blanket to warm the bed up before we get in.

My Husband is warmer than I am - so we just put the temperature where I like it generally :)

Edited by trailmix

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

OK, from what i've gleaned from the last posts is, I should just give up and turn the heater up....... :blush:

LoL, Mel and I have gone through the same things. I'm always hot and end up sleeping on top of the comforter and she's bundled under numerous blankets. The irony is when I go to London, ON to visit, i'm the one wearing thermals and completely bundled up while she is wearing a fleece sweater and a vest.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I found this cool website http://www.thunderfap.com/ it lists basically TONS of freebies you can get in the mail no strings attached!! Anything from free mascara, lip balm, shampoo and conditioner, GLAD bags, doggie poop bags :wacko: it's great!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

To start or not to start :s A couple months back, I split my hair in half (from ear to ear) in a zig zag pattern, and did the top a cherry chocolate, and the bottom jet black. Well as all hair does, its faded. I have the stuff to redo it but MAN it was a lot of work. And a hellish mess in a white bathroom! lol! But right now my hair is at the right level of dirtiness to hold it! Bah!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe it's because I'm fairly new to the states but it's the other way around for us. When we're just out and about in the house I'm the one who's hot. It's usually about 70 degrees in the house right now. It's the same way in bed. He wears tons of clothes and I'm the one who's hot on top of the covers. We generally haven't turned the heat on yet this year. I would rather bundle up in sweaters and a blanket than turn my heat on, unless it's REALLY cold. It's almost the middle of December though and we don't have any snow yet. I'd say it's not all that cold yet! :P

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline

ok so I kind of splurged today and bought a 3 in 1 printer... it was only 50 dollars through for an HP... we were going to get the Canon, it was only 45 dollars and it had a fax too but the ink would have been about 8 to 13 dollars more... so I went with the HP...

we don't do a lot of faxing so the the difference in the cost of ink wouldn't have been made up by the fax function...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

it looks like I will have two weeks off around Christmas.. which works out perfect because my family is coming..

I need a break from the kids anyways , well at least the 3 year old... sometimes he can be so sweet and other times he is such a brat.. lately he has been acting very jealous if I am spending time with the baby ... the baby has been sick for the last week or so and requires more attention...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Aww, sorry to hear Marilyn. Everybody needs some down time, some me time once in a while, even Mama's!

Right now my bathroom has been "dexter-ized" The colour is processing, and the rinsing out will definitely be a fight. It will all be worth it in the end.

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Good morning everyone... I have an early call this morning so coffee's on me for once.

437239168_f91b13d284.jpg

*yawns*

Edited by Necrotica

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Necrotia, how lovely you are offering up coffee this morning! Good morning to you, and everyone!

For those of you complaining of you being hot or cold...wow, wait until you're my age and then deal with these hot flashes! Whew! Talk about instant HOT. Poor Gene! He calls me a nuclear reactor. All night I'm throwing covers off the bed, then grabbing them when the cool breeze (wind?) from the window hits my sweaty skin. :lol: We have the heat turned down to 58 at night, with a window open. Gene is not cold, believe me. During the day, the thermostat is usually around 60-63. I do turn it up to 65 just prior to Gene coming home so that he's not cold. I was not going through menopause when we first met, just the last two years has it progressed to this point. He's very understanding, but confused. :lol:

Have a great day!

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is snowing in Louisiana!!

My husband just phoned and woke me up to tell me to look out the window- and take pictures. :lol:

I have seen plenty of snow in my life but seeing it snow here really is something.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm happy today!! Hubby took a sick day; and it's raining and dreary so we're going to cuddle up and watch movies on the couch :yes:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Good morning all, thanks for the coffee Necrotica!

Well last night we went shopping and on the way home my Husband drove by the city hall area - omg - they have a gazillion lights on all the trees surrounding it (it's a park as well) - plus the gazebo etc etc - I will take some pics and post them.

Raining here today, the weather radio went off at...some time when it was dark - tornado watch - my Husband got up and turned it off and when he got up for work I asked him to take it out with him :lol:

Timeline
I haven't had coffee in 8 months now. Aparently, I was getting migraines from them. I miss it so much :blush:

You stopped drinking coffee and your migraines went away?

Did you put anything in your coffee? Like artificial sweetner perchance?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.