thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
post-21394-1228357508.gif
Ok that's weird, I saved the new av and tried to upload it and it will not! lol

Oh well - i'll try tomorrow morning after the computer has rested :blink:

I just had that problem with photobucket. Had to finally log out, close the window, then log back in again for it to take. post-21394-1228357508.gif

Ok I figured it out (by reading the error message - hey it was late last night :lol: )

Anyway, my current av picture is like 12kb, the new one is 37kb omg omg! (whateva)

Because I have uploaded the pictures for the Montreal interview letter, under my account, I don't even have the spare couple of kb in storage space left here on VJ to load the new pic. geez

I'll play with it to get it down in size.

Good Morning All

Sounds like a busy season for most.

I wish I could be in Vancouver for the Solstice.

There's this wonder-full Parade of Lights (http://www.secretlantern.org/)...mmmm...fire spinners et al.

Maybe I could go, except it is time to spend some quality time with my sweetie.

Things have been getting heated.

It's an ebb and flow...like life.

At least I don't panic about things anymore. :P

It may be important to him to be together and with his family at upcoming gatherings.

Personally, I always feel better once the calender reads: January 2nd.

Too much frenzy and too much energy starting after Hallowe'en to new year's eve.

It may be time to get back to meditation. Silence.

:star:

Listening now to CBC (online, the Montreal edition)...the news!!! Oh boy!!

The country has heated up so much maybe the snow won't stick. Hahaha!

Good morning Spirit! Sounds to me like you don't wish to participate in the family gatherings?

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh, they are okay.

I like gatherings....it is the xmas consumerism thing I don't agree with.

I haven't participated in over 15 years.

Try explaining that to your "new" family.

Hahaha.

Only my my step-mom-in-law gets it (she just took off for FLA yesterday :crying: ), and maybe my sis-in-law.

Thanks for asking Trailmix.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline
Oh, they are okay.

Hahaha.

Only my my step-mom-in-law gets it (she just took off for FLA yesterday :crying: ), and maybe my sis-in-law.

:)

Well you are just nice, I wouldn't bother explaining :lol:

There is a member of my family that pretty much feels the same way you do, even about practical gifts, so I hear where you are coming from.

Oh, they are okay.

Hahaha.

:)

Well you are just nice, I wouldn't bother explaining :lol:

There is a member of my family that pretty much feels the same way you do, even about practical gifts, so I hear where you are coming from.

:D

My favourite gatherings are potlucks.

Food, drink, merry-making.

Everyone participates.

That combined with a silly fun activity like the last "anti-xmas" eve (my friend's term, hee hee) party I went to in Van, we did a lip-synching contest.

It was a riot!!!

I still laugh when I think of it....and how I got so into my dance moves...and forgot the words.

So I tuned around and kept dancing, until I got a grip again. :lol:

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Everyone participates.

That combined with a silly fun activity like the last "anti-xmas" eve (my friend's term, hee hee) party I went to in Van, we did a lip-synching contest.

It was a riot!!!

I still laugh when I think of it....and how I got so into my dance moves...and forgot the words.

That sounds like fun!

Question for you. Since the consumerism aspect of Christmas rubs you the wrong way and therefore spoils your enjoyment of Christmas day (I assume) - is it possible to distance yourself from the whole gift giving aspect. Can you stay in a hotel overnight and just wander over at dinner time or something?

Personally, if I don't want to do something or I think it will be zero fun, I just don't do it (i'm talking social things here) - that's been my way for quite some time - and I like it (my Husband feels the same).

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
lol.. I was just checking out my hubby's StumbleUpon" profile when I noticed this "The pics I post are beautifully strange and so is my wife! "

not sure if I should take that as a complement or what ..:lol:

tee hee.. if it had come out of my hubby's mouth that would be a compliment :) tee hee..

Sorry to hear your mum's not coming for Christmas Marilyn.. that's a bummer. And I'm glad your job is working out, it seems like you are fitting in well with the family.. a new kitty sounds marvelous!! I wish I didn't sneeze around them :( boo.

Morning all!

well, I asked him about it and he said he was trying to think of something to put and came up with the first part and just added the wife thing as a joke :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Double Post:

Buddy just sent me this, its too funny not to post:

Apeiron's 10 Commandments of Child Naming

1) Thou shalt not give thy child a first name that is a last name (Kennedy, McKenzie) or the name of a place (Dakota, Madison).

Exception - If the place was named after a person (Virginia, Georgia).

2) Thou shalt not make up a name. Pick an established non-stupid name. If want to give your child an "ethnic" name, PICK A NAME FROM THAT ETHNICITY. Don't make up something! You might think you're ever so clever or that you're "keepin' it real", but you're ensuring that your child will never be taken seriously (Orangello, DaShawn).

3) Thou shalt not give thy child a name containing any punctuation (N'Fume, Billy-Joe).

4) Thou shalt not give girls a boy name, even if you give it a cute spelling. When a boy's name is used for a girl, it is no longer usable for boys: Dana, Ashleigh, Tracy and Stacy were all male names, forever made a gay joke by parents trying to be cute.

5) Thou shalt not come up with a cute spelling of an established name (Brandi, Lacee), nor shall you add a syllable to an established name (LaShandra).

6) Boys names shall be one or two syllables, unless the name is usually shortened. Alexanders are usually called Alex. Girls names may be longer because they can handle learning more than one syllable at a time. If you name your child Alexis or Alexandra, don't call her Alex! Cute, yes, but traumatic for boys named Alex!

7) Thou shalt give thought to what names your child might be called based on their name, and also to what their initials will be. If you are naming a daughter, her last a initial might change.

8) Thou shalt do a search to see how popular a name is with other parents and then refrain from giving your child any of the names in the top ten. Unless you have a very cool last name.

9) Thou shalt not refer to thy child by their initials, no matter how cute you think it would be.

10) Thou shalt research names that strippers use as stage names and refrain from naming thy daughter such lest she become a stripper herself.

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Everyone participates.

It was a riot!!!

That sounds like fun!

Question for you. Since the consumerism aspect of Christmas rubs you the wrong way and therefore spoils your enjoyment of Christmas day (I assume) - is it possible to distance yourself from the whole gift giving aspect. Can you stay in a hotel overnight and just wander over at dinner time or something?

Personally, if I don't want to do something or I think it will be zero fun, I just don't do it (i'm talking social things here) - that's been my way for quite some time - and I like it (my Husband feels the same).

I commend you Trailmix.

I also live by this "personal code": not to do things simply out of obligation.

When I am "out of my truth" (aka out of integrity), hence "out of alignment" with myself, that shows through in everything I say and everything I do.

Bad behaviour! :P

And so, I have told my sweetie's mom (not the cool step-mom, hee hee) when she asked me out of curiosity about gift-giving-thingy, I told her of how friends and I opted out years ago and how the get-togethers were the main (and only) point.

I hope she accepts that and does not feel bad when I show up with just me, a bottle of wine, and some paper to demonstrate origami and have others join in. That will by my contribution to the family XMas Day lunch/dinner.

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

When I am "out of my truth" (aka out of integrity), hence "out of alignment" with myself, that shows through in everything I say and everything I do.

And so, I have told my sweetie's mom (not the cool step-mom, hee hee) when she asked me out of curiosity about gift-giving-thingy, I told her of how friends and I opted out years ago and how the get-togethers were the main (and only) point.

I hope she accepts that and does not feel bad when I show up with just me, a bottle of wine, and some paper to demonstrate origami and have others join in. That will by my contribution to the family XMas Day lunch/dinner.

I hope she does too, if not you can come here and bring your Origami!! :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Marilyn, I love your sig heheh. I had to take a second look! I thought my eyes were shaking or the screen was blinking! Great Sig!

glad you like it.. someone told me it was creepy :lol:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Awwww....

:blush:

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Marilyn, I love your sig heheh. I had to take a second look! I thought my eyes were shaking or the screen was blinking! Great Sig!

I just now noticed that their heads move! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

I'm up for origami!!!!

I have no idea why I am on here. I have a million things to do before I head to the airport to pick up my parents. Actually, that's a lie. I just don't want to dust and vacuum. :blush:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Charles, please cover up, ty.

:lol:

good morning everyone

PABEDcoffee_drower.jpg

Bedford, Pennsylvania - Coffee Pot-shaped Building

The Pot was built in the 1920s as a luncheonette and then fell into disrepair, but now it's a civic symbol restored to its Jazz Age glory.

hmnmmpfff they blocked my link! :ranting: here it is another way.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.