• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

hi all.. no time for chatting, but we are home from canada :) many many many gifts later :whistle:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
I'm ready for another week at work. I am supposed to go to my husbands work tomorrow in Philly for his Christmas party, I don't know if you'd even call it that, they go to some swanky bar and have drinks and stuff. I don't really want to go, to be honest I find his boss and coworkers very snobby and boring. I have today and some of tomorrow to figure out an excuse. :lol:

Go anyway! Take notes then come back and tell us all about it! LOL

Also the last time I met his boss he asked me why Canadians were so patriotic. I didn't understand the question and he said: "Well they always have to wear a flag, or show off that they're Canadian"

:blink:

I don't get it. I have never worn a Canadian flag, nor have I ever seen anyone else doing it. :unsure: I have only seen Americans wearing flags. And how do you "show off that you're Canadian"? Do you display your Timbits and yell "Go Hard!" randomly? Go to the party and get some examples, Sprailenes! :lol:

I AM GOING TO SEE BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!!!!!!! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!!!!!!

I got the 68.00 tickets. Not the best seats but better than the 40.00 tickets. :dance:

:lol: You're crazy!

That's exactly what I thought! :lol:

Well, team, it looks like there's a lot to catch up on here. Don't think I'm going to be able to do it, but I'll give it my best shot. lol. As for me.... I am enjoying the peace and tranquility of having my husband on the other side of the continent for a few days. I am also getting ready for the arrival of my parents this Thursday. They'll be here for two weeks. Then we're back off to NC for Christmas with the inlaws. post-21394-1228232909.gif (I HATE going to my inlaws. post-21394-1228232997.gif) And then..... once we have escaped from the dreaded inlaws..... my friends are arriving on December 30th for two weeks!!!!! This will be my first New Year's Eve party in the US! :o I am sooooooo looking forward to that! :dance:

iagree.gif

krikit is here!! cheer.gif

:lol::blush:

Thanks for the wonderful welcome, Trailmix. :)

hi all.. no time for chatting, but we are home from canada :) many many many gifts later :whistle:

Awwwww. That's so nice, E. Have you opened them yet? lol

We don't have any gifts under our tree. :( But we have a tree! :) That's my first one since moving here. I was too sad the other two years to even bother with trees or decorations. I think I'm finally getting back to normal because I went on a Christmas shopping spree! :lol: (And that was even before I knew anyone was coming!)

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Also the last time I met his boss he asked me why Canadians were so patriotic. I didn't understand the question and he said: "Well they always have to wear a flag, or show off that they're Canadian"

:blink:

I don't get it. I have never worn a Canadian flag, nor have I ever seen anyone else doing it. :unsure: I have only seen Americans wearing flags. And how do you "show off that you're Canadian"? Do you display your Timbits and yell "Go Hard!" randomly? Go to the party and get some examples, Sprailenes! :lol:

:rofl:

:rofl:

:lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: I'm so glad you are back. All I could think of was someone yelling "GO HARD" in my head. Thank you for that.

Looks like you have a lot going on in the next while my dear. Don't get too stressed out!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We don't have any gifts under our tree. :( But we have a tree! :) That's my first one since moving here. I was too sad the other two years to even bother with trees or decorations. I think I'm finally getting back to normal because I went on a Christmas shopping spree! :lol: (And that was even before I knew anyone was coming!)

Well krikit it sounds like you are going to be busy....but fun busy and that's great! Glad to hear you have the tree up :)

Timeline

I'm so tempted to rip open all these gifts.. no one is coming here for Christmas and we are not going anywhere.. who would ever know huh :whistle:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Do not open!!!! SURPRISE YOURSELF!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

tee hee.. but it will just be hubby & me on Christmas morning.. whos gonna know :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
we are going to know :whistle:

ha ha ha ha ... i love it.. the Canada forum is now my conscious :)

oh and mumzie gave me a crokonile board :) tee hee.. it's wrapped but REAAAALY obvious!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

oh and mumzie gave me a crokonile board :) tee hee.. it's wrapped but REAAAALY obvious!

Ouch. I can still feel the pain in my fingers from the last time I played crokinole. It was a very memorable night at my friend's cottage in the middle of winter. For some reason we decided we needed to decorate our hats and wear them while we played. (It may have been the alcohol.) So we proceeded to attach his Mom's plastic fruit to our heads. I guess you had to be there. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

tee hee.. but it will just be hubby & me on Christmas morning.. whos gonna know :)

I say open' em!

I won't judge you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.