thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning! I come bearing bad news - skip if you don't want to be sad.

This weekend started off on a bad note - our cat Stella had to be taken to the vet ER yesterday after we found her unconscious underneath the basement stairs. She's a diabetic, and the vet told us that her blood sugar had dropped to nothing, which precipitated a coma and several seizures.

Unfortunately the decision was made a few hours later to put her down. It happened so quickly, I'm still trying to process it all. :(

bighug.gif i'm sorry for your loss. losing a pet is always difficult. (F)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I honestly think I am getting old, mentally OLD. A couple of my friends back from my raving days (yes I was into that when I was a teenager lolz) are in New York and want me to go up to visit them tomorrow and spend the day with them. But I just told them "Its my weekend guys, I was out all day today running errands!!"

There was a time in my life where I wouldn't have thought twice but I'm tired, I don't wanna entertain people. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

This weekend started off on a bad note - our cat Stella had to be taken to the vet ER yesterday after we found her unconscious underneath the basement stairs. She's a diabetic, and the vet told us that her blood sugar had dropped to nothing, which precipitated a coma and several seizures.

Unfortunately the decision was made a few hours later to put her down. It happened so quickly, I'm still trying to process it all. :(

:(

Hugs, Nini. post-21394-1227441822.gif

buahah thats awesome...my mom has a dvd of that yule log, and it also used to play on certain local stations for hours at a time...Christmas tradition at my parents house

OMG, my favorite part is when the dude moves the yule logs with the poking stick and restocks the fire. I swear that was on Shaw channel 11 in Edmonton for 3 weeks at Christmas.

OMG, that was my favourite part toooooooo!!!!! On Christmas morning my daughter and I would get up (my son always slept late and it drove us nuts), get our tea, then turn on "Log" and sit there and laugh and chat and laugh and chat. Especially since the TV was right next to the real fireplace, so we had two fires. :lol: We loved the random arm coming in and putting on another log. Then we'd call everyone we knew and excitedly say "Merry Christmas!! Are you watching LOG?!!!!!" I miss the old days. :cry:

Oh and I went looking for my secret santa today... I just couldn't find the right thing. My son was trying to help me but kept coming back with Star Wars action figures from the toy section at Target: "Hey ma, do they like R2D2?"

No Ethan I don't think they'd like that. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kids just say the funniest things sometimes.

I honestly think I am getting old, mentally OLD. A couple of my friends back from my raving days (yes I was into that when I was a teenager lolz) are in New York and want me to go up to visit them tomorrow and spend the day with them. But I just told them "Its my weekend guys, I was out all day today running errands!!"

There was a time in my life where I wouldn't have thought twice but I'm tired, I don't wanna entertain people. :lol:

:lol: Congratulations on becoming a grownup, Sprailenes! :P

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh and I went looking for my secret santa today... I just couldn't find the right thing. My son was trying to help me but kept coming back with Star Wars action figures from the toy section at Target: "Hey ma, do they like R2D2?"

No Ethan I don't think they'd like that. :lol:

That's so cute Sprailenes :lol: ah Sons, they are sweet :)

Good morning all!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

good morning all, here's the coffee

3018277320_cea2a352a1.jpg

Vining Sculpture Park - Vining, MN

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Wow, I guess everyone has been busy trying to get through all that coffee and has had no time to post!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Nini,

I am so sorry. It seems that with cats things happen so fast. Like you said it's so very hard to process. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

Karen

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

I'm sorry for the loss of your cat, Nini. :(

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Timeline

Oh Nini.. so sorry to hear that....

Morning everyone.. I need another weekend stat.

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

good morning everyone

2787520885_5a06b87247.jpg

Roanoke, VA

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Hugs ~Nini~.

Awwww....so sad....

(F)

I still cry over a kitteh from hmmm, when was that? Oh yeah, 1999!

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
good morning everyone

Roanoke, VA

Charles is posting pictures of faux coffee in different American locations - I think he is trying to infiltrate the Canada forum with Americana!! :ph34r:

fenton_centre_mall_01.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

*sighs* I miss Timmy's. Sad thing is, I was only in BC for a little over 2 weeks and got hooked for life. I have had a few cans of it sent here tho, so I have had the coffee more than that 2 weeks.

We discovered we have 2 Tim Horton's in Kentucky... but they are about 3-4 hours away.

Alf & Christy’s Journey

4/05/2005 - I met the love of my life

11/21/2006 - First meeting in person <3 (Alf in Kentucky)

5/21/2007 - Second meeting in person (Alf in Kentucky)

5/30/2007 - First trip to Vancouver! (Christy in Canada)

6/13/2007 - Beautiful, romantic proposal :)

7/26/2007 – Application mailed to VSC

04/07/08 - INTERVIEW!!!! @1pm - APPROVED!! :))

04/09/2008 - Moving day!!

04/10/2008 - Alf will finally be home!

05/31/2008 - Wedding! :)http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctrubenbach

The journey continues...

09/10/2008 - Mailed AOS package

09/16/2008 - NOA1 received (all 3)

09/25/2008 - Biometrics letter

10/02/2008 - Case transferred to CSC

10/09/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/26/2008 - EAD Card production ordered/AP approved!! :)

12/04/2008 - AP documents received

12/06/2008 - EAD Card in hand!

12/08/2008 - Applied for SSN

02/10/2009 - Social Security card *finally* received

02/23/2009 - Notice of Welcome Letter sent!! :D

good morning everyone

Roanoke, VA

Charles is posting pictures of faux coffee in different American locations - I think he is trying to infiltrate the Canada forum with Americana!! :ph34r:

fenton_centre_mall_01.jpg

:lol::lol:

Sorry I'm late this morning. That does look like a house I would like to live in though. :lol: Thanks for the coffee this morning trailmix. I'm sure you thought I was late because of the Stamps festivities last night, but alas, I was having to go to the lab for blood work this morning.

Nini, so sorry about your dear companion. (F)

We are going to the Cathedral Basilica tonight to see the Vienna Boys Choir. I've only ever seen them on TV, but they are part of a concert series this year at the Basilica and we thought they would be lovely to see. The Cathedral is incredible. I've provided a link if you want to see it.

http://cathedralstl.org/intro/

Hope everyone enjoys their day!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.