thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We had a nice compliment from a neighbor the other night. She stopped to car to ask if we had bought the rental, because it's the nicest its looked in the 10 years she's lived on He'e Street. All the lawnmower sweat is paying off. :D

How nice is that!

Are you quoting Ina now trailmix? :lol:

Did I?? Maybe I have the food network on a tad too much?? That's ok, she is so nice it's probably a good thing to be quoting her :lol:

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Good morning everyone!

Well we are off to the Lake Mary farmer's market this morning - hoping that they will have more vegetables this time than last, the veggie stand guy said it was a small display last time due to the pumpkin display.

cappuccino.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good morning! I come bearing bad news - skip if you don't want to be sad.

This weekend started off on a bad note - our cat Stella had to be taken to the vet ER yesterday after we found her unconscious underneath the basement stairs. She's a diabetic, and the vet told us that her blood sugar had dropped to nothing, which precipitated a coma and several seizures.

Unfortunately the decision was made a few hours later to put her down. It happened so quickly, I'm still trying to process it all. :(

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This weekend started off on a bad note - our cat Stella had to be taken to the vet ER yesterday after we found her unconscious underneath the basement stairs. She's a diabetic, and the vet told us that her blood sugar had dropped to nothing, which precipitated a coma and several seizures.

Unfortunately the decision was made a few hours later to put her down. It happened so quickly, I'm still trying to process it all. :(

:( I am so sorry this happened.

I hate hearing about when animals have to go. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

awww sorry nini. that is awful. I hope you feel better soon!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Our old tv fits perfectly into the fire place and I want to stick it in there and then get an old vcr player hooked up and then put taped episodes of "Yule log" on. :)

I think that would be swell.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
buahah thats awesome...my mom has a dvd of that yule log, and it also used to play on certain local stations for hours at a time...Christmas tradition at my parents house

OMG, my favorite part is when the dude moves the yule logs with the poking stick and restocks the fire. I swear that was on Shaw channel 11 in Edmonton for 3 weeks at Christmas.

Timeline

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Nini))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))),

I am so sorry. I lost my cat Silver in exactly the same way a number of years ago, and had to make the same decision after an emergency rush to the vets. It is never easy but is feels devastating when it comes out of the blue like that. Take care of yourself and know that you did what you could. Diabetes in cats can be very unpredictable.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
buahah thats awesome...my mom has a dvd of that yule log, and it also used to play on certain local stations for hours at a time...Christmas tradition at my parents house

OMG, my favorite part is when the dude moves the yule logs with the poking stick and restocks the fire. I swear that was on Shaw channel 11 in Edmonton for 3 weeks at Christmas.

:thumbs:

So we went to the Farmer's market and - not thinking - we pick up all these vegetables that total $16. Well this is a Farmer's market - no debit :lol:

So the guy says - just pay me later today, or next week, whatever works for you - you guys look trustworthy - plus my Husband had a Gators tshirt on - and the guys commented on it and said if you can't trust a gator who can you trust.

Anyway, I just thought that was really nice of him, we dropped by after going shopping and took him the $4 we owed.

Nini - I know you are so sad right now and there is nothing I can really say that will make you feel better but I am so sorry to hear that about your cat.

Timeline

Well, I did spend an enjoyable day at the CFA International catshow in the area - over 700 cats from 11 countries. It was really fun - plus I came home loaded with all sorts of goodies and freebies. I bought two cat toys - baby socks that someone had stuffed with catnip and cotton batting - and realized after the first two cats went crazy on them that I should have bought more. Fortunately, I had two freebie catnip toys as well so they were all rolling around on the floor getting zonked. After a dinner of free iams canned food they are sleeping it off.

They had several 'performing' cats that were quite interesting - the 'trainer' was doing it like a comedic Lion taming show and the cats were great. They would jump on command between hoops, between stools, over each other, climb ropes, climb ladders, walk interlacing his feet while he walked - and jumping on his back or his front and hanging there. He added some humour - you could see him supposedly telling the cats to jump someplace but they would jump somewhere else, and you could see the signals, but still it was pretty cool. The cats seemed to enjoy it as well.

They also had a cat agility competition pen and show people would bring their cats and see if they would get them over and through the various obstacles using a feather wand for the cat to chase. The fastest was 10 seconds - the slowest was well over several minutes. That one was funny because the cat would hide and wait for the feather wand to come by, dash out and grab at it then race back into lurking for it to come into range again, hehehehe. A lot of the cats were more interested in the public watching than in the course, but still it was fun to watch.

I also attended a lecture on cat genetics and found out that there are feline DNA tests available now which is pretty cool. If anyone is interested in more details about it, the website is http://www.catGENES.org - they have 18 DNA tests available for $39, although much of the information won't be of interest to non-breeders (ie. paternity, specific breed related disease markers, etc.), still you would get your cats genetic identity, colour and coat length genetics and some disease markers, especially for specific breeds. They aren't at the stage yet where they can identify the different breeds that make up non-purebreds but that is coming.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I went to JC Penney today and bought a new slip cover for the ugly plaid hand me down couch we got from the inlaws - nice thought but it was ugly, even they thought so thats why it was in their basement for long! :P

We had a bed sheet on it for the longest time and it just started to annoy me. Slip covers are a godsend its like having a brand new couch!

I could have made one but the sewing machine is in Canada with my mom. :( I miss my sewing machine.

Oh and I went looking for my secret santa today... I just couldn't find the right thing. My son was trying to help me but kept coming back with Star Wars action figures from the toy section at Target: "Hey ma, do they like R2D2?"

No Ethan I don't think they'd like that. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.