thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is unseasonably cold here in Atlanta area - we are getting January weather - highs in the high 40s/low 50s and lows in the mid to low 20s - heck it doesn't even get that cold for most of January, you just expect it now and then. When the inside temperature reached 59 inside last night I broke down and turned on the furnace as overnight temperature was forecast to be 24. BRRRRRR. All of the outside cats' water dishes were still covered with ice at 11 am when I broke the ice so they could get a drink. This is nuts! And no, I still don't like cold weather - we have never turned the furnace on before the third week of December before!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yea, TD announced last year that they'd taken over Commerce Bank, but the TD signs just started popping up this month. I'm pretty thrilled about it since it looks like they're one of the more stable banks out there atm. If only they'd finish the merger - right now they're advertising completely different account types on their Commerce and TD Banknorth sites :)

You Philly/NJ folk noticing the absolutely freezing weather nowadays? Apparently we're expecting snow any day now. Walking to work has been interesting to say the least, I've been burying my face in my scarf and running as fast as the wind has been blowing lately. :lol:

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I broke down and turned on the heat at about the same time you did Kathryn. I even got out a wool coat.

I thought Atlanta was supposed to be warm!!!

~ Catherine

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There is like loads of snow here. I don't think it's ever snowed on/before my birthday before. Geez.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Good morning! Cool and crisp here in St. Louis. Yesterday we had the windows open and no coats. Today it's supposed to be cooler, and tonight in the minus'. Wierd! Can't complain though, we rarely get snow and rarely is it below 0. This however, no matter where you live, will warm you up.

PFO1878.jpg

Seize the day!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

heat's on again here gals.. hubby saw snow on the way to work a couple of days ago..

*pheuph.. i made out like a bandit at CVS last night.. now have enough AA & AAA batteries to last for a few years. Buy $20.00 of duracell get $15.00 back.. umm yeah.. I'm going to take 'em up on that offer!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
There is like loads of snow here. I don't think it's ever snowed on/before my birthday before. Geez.

I have heard, my friends and family are sending me pictures. They say its going to be a long hard winter.

Good morning! Cool and crisp here in St. Louis. Yesterday we had the windows open and no coats. Today it's supposed to be cooler, and tonight in the minus'. Wierd! Can't complain though, we rarely get snow and rarely is it below 0. This however, no matter where you live, will warm you up.

PFO1878.jpg

Seize the day!

Its freeeezing here!

Thanks for the nice hot coffee.

Speaking of cold, my coworker always complains about the cold and then stops herself and says: "OH I forgot you're Canadian, you're used to it!"

Errrm no, Canadians get cold too! :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Speaking of cold, my coworker always complains about the cold and then stops herself and says: "OH I forgot you're Canadian, you're used to it!"

Errrm no, Canadians get cold too! :lol:

That's hilarious.. I went to work yesterday and proudly exclaimed "i'll have you know the CDN is wearing her winter boots today! :) tee hee

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Cold here too, about a degree away from a record low! They even pointed out on the news that it's warmer in Canada (BC) than it is here this morning - how cheeky!

Had the furnance on this morning, apparently the norm here for this time of year shd be in the high 70's during the day, but is in the mid-high 60's.

Thanks for the coffee Carla!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have heard, my friends and family are sending me pictures. They say its going to be a long hard winter.

that's pretty much been my assessment for about 6 months - we didn't have one day over 100 this year, that's a first since i've been here.

my version of wintertime carpe diem: shovel the day!

good morning everyone! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

:lol:

They always say that to me at work too.."Oh amanda opened the window...she likes it cold...shes canadian afterall.." I'm like.."actually I was just really warm in here soo... hahaha

It's chilly out and very unseasonable here. Supposed to be in the low 50s this time of year and it was like 17 this morning or something.

My brother has been traded from his hockey team in South Carolina to Elimira, NY! He will only be a few hours away from me now and he is actually playing in New Jersey tomorrow night. So great that he's close to me now since we don't get to see each other that often. I'm well chuffed!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Excellent News Amanda!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Hey, everyone, it's been a while again. I don't post here much anymore since I'm so exhausted from work and health issues.

Réjean and I are moving! The neighbor in the duplex that our best friends live in moved out suddenly, and they asked us if we'd consider taking it. We applied for it, got approved, and we put the deposit down last night! I'm excited but am having some mild panic attacks over it for some reason. The pros are wonderful... it's a 2-bedroom so I can have an office for my work-at-home job, we'll have a yard, we'll live by our best friends (they were the best man and maid of honor at our wedding!), we won't have to deal with screaming neighbor kids anymore, the rent itself is $65 less than we're paying now (although we will be paying gas and water now)... so lots of perks... I guess it's just the stress of moving that's getting to me and the knowledge that this move is going to put me into an awful lot of pain. Hiring a moving company is not an option due to us barely having enough money the way it is (someday I'll explain why in the Vent thread).

So I'm happy, yet I'm freaking out. This is a rather odd sensation.

I like that line Necrotica.

Congrats on the good feelings and good news.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.