thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm looking for some structure in my physical exercise right now since biking is getting a little too cold. I take aquacise 1 x week, so I may bump that up to 3 x's a week. I love the water. I walk at least one mile a day, and was biking about 12 miles a week. On the weekend, Gene and I are hiking and doing geocaching at least one day for 1-5 miles. I need structure though, or my good intentions fall through. Best of luck on this venture!

You go Carla!! That's quite a fitness regime!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Its close enough that I just walk there yes. I started walking last week because I just woke up feeling crappy, I was tired all of the time, and I am at the point where I can only fit like two pairs of my pants. My winter jacket will button up but you can tell I'm busting out of it. :lol:

I figured there's no more damn excuses, I just need to commit myself to some sort of work out regime in order to feel better.

mmm indeed Carla.. thanks a lot..

*sigh.. hubby & I had a big fight last night about politics.. *sigh. have to stop talking about politics..

At one point I thought he said something like "you make me feel like I've been brainwashed" and I said "do I?" and he said " no, I said I feel like sometimes you have been brainwashed" :blink:

That is the definition of a couple polarized by politics me thinks..

We won't be talking about politics for a while me thinks :whistle:

Politics are a difficult thing to debate about and I find that someone always ends up upset.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning all!

Nice and warm here this morning - and also humid, which it hasn't been for about 2 months-ish.

I commend you Carla and Sprail - it's not easy staying with a fitness regime - you go girls!

Ah poliltics. I don't really speak to anyone that doesn't generally agree with me - just because those are the people I know, not because I stay away from others :lol:

I don't like arguing - in general.

I can understand how someone might think that someone has been 'brainwashed' - if their political views and societal views are pretty far apart, or you differ on key points. It's difficult sometimes to see how people get somewhere in their thinking - but realizing that our backgrounds are different is probably a good starting point.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada! :dance: :dance: :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

good morning canada! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Good Morning!!! :)

I'm so thrilled...my AOS case was transferred to California!!! WOO!!!!

Now if I could only get my EAD, AP ....oh and my SSN!!! LOL

;) Happy Hump Day all! :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Timeline

Morning!

I have also got to get on that exercise trail! i've been wanting to for so long but I get stuck at work or am exhausted by the time I get home from work. No more BS excuses though. I need to start getting back to my 18 year old self :D haha (yeah right)

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Oh and I was looking at my bank statement online last night and I saw a charge there for 22.20 - for the cheques I ordered?

So I call them up and I am told:

"Oh those are the Antique cheques - not the 'free' cheques - so you only get them at 50% off".

Umm - are they lettering them in gold? What cheques cost $ 44.40??

Long story short, he was going to check if they were the 'free' cheques that come with my account, but the cheque ordering system was down - bottom line, they refunded my money.

I said to my Husband, the RBC down here is like a faux bank....it just gives the illusion of being a real bank.

If it weren't for the whole needing them to use my Canadian credit rating to get a mortgage early next year...I would soooo be looking for a new bank.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

BB and I picked up a Wii Fit and I absolutely love it. We both try to do a good workout every day. Its got everything, Yoga, Strength, Aerobics and Balance. I usually at least do a 15 minute run every day, works out a great sweat!

On a side note....Must get this song commercial out of my head:

(Warning: Highly contagious)

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

Ya, we got the Wii fit, according to Fed-ex, it should arrive today!! I don't expect the Wii Fit to stop going to the gym or stop my morning jogs outside, just something else to try and keep things a bi tinteresting

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I'm sick. :( Well I've been unwell for 3 weeks, which I hoped was going to pass. I finally treated myself to my first medical exam in the United States yesterday. It was fine, I don't know why I waited so long to go.

Unfortunately my choice of days were poor, and the only thing open other than the hospital was the Urgent Care Clinic. I guess that's similar to a walk in clinic. I actually haven't been sick sick, just fatigued easily which I attributed to the heat. The doctor was very nice, just very unsure what was wrong with me.

I took clindamycin antibiotic for 5 days several weeks ago. Apparently, it killed off almost all the bacteria in my tummy except for the C. Difficile bacteria. This lead to some complications that showed up a couple of a weeks later.

So now I'm on another antibiotic to kill off the C. Difficile and hopefully get some homeostasis back in my stomach.

Timeline
I'm sick. :( Well I've been unwell for 3 weeks, which I hoped was going to pass. I finally treated myself to my first medical exam in the United States yesterday. It was fine, I don't know why I waited so long to go.

Unfortunately my choice of days were poor, and the only thing open other than the hospital was the Urgent Care Clinic. I guess that's similar to a walk in clinic. I actually haven't been sick sick, just fatigued easily which I attributed to the heat. The doctor was very nice, just very unsure what was wrong with me.

I took clindamycin antibiotic for 5 days several weeks ago. Apparently, it killed off almost all the bacteria in my tummy except for the C. Difficile bacteria. This lead to some complications that showed up a couple of a weeks later.

So now I'm on another antibiotic to kill off the C. Difficile and hopefully get some homeostasis back in my stomach.

Aww i'm sorry to hear that Cat, I hope you are feeling terrific really soon!

I don't know about anyone else but I always find it is important to take Acidophilus - after antibiotics or when your tummy seems not quite right.

Timeline

Aww i'm sorry to hear that Cat, I hope you are feeling terrific really soon!

I don't know about anyone else but I always find it is important to take Acidophilus - after antibiotics or when your tummy seems not quite right.

Just bought some yesterday. :thumbs: Doctor said it may help to add the good bacteria back to my body.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I was tired all of the time, and I am at the point where I can only fit like two pairs of my pants. My winter jacket will button up but you can tell I'm busting out of it. :lol:

I figured there's no more damn excuses, I just need to commit myself to some sort of work out regime in order to feel better.

I went through the same thing on my first extended visit over the summer...within a month of being in Columbus I went up 15 lbs!!! I was born without a thyroid and have been on levothyroxine since I was born, and have had times when my weight fluctuated a lot because of unbalanced THS levels, so I assumed it was that. Went to my doctor and nope, my levels are fine....seems I'm just settling down and happy, eating a more balanced diet and completely healthy. A good thing, but not what I wanted to hear! Bah! Shopping for new clothes is fun, but I hate to admit that I actually have to buy a size up :( Definitely a motivation to keep up with the daily Wii Fit workouts

I got the Wii Outdoor Challenge yesterday- that is really fun! My calves are sore today!

Hmm, Ill have to check this out!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

My son turns 10 tomorrow! A double digit! I am a little emotional over it.

But he told me that he doesn't want a party he just wants to spend the day hanging out, going to build-a-bear (I love that he still loves that place) and go out for dinner and just have a day with us. Awwz.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.