thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good Morning!

Glad to hear you're safely in ND Pandora. Hope you don't get TOO much snow.

We're going out for a "country drive" today and probably explore some towns and villages along the way.

E...the stick??? :lol:

Enjoy your weekend, whatever you're doing!

Thanks for coffee Carla!

Yes, I read the stick story too - funny thing is, sticks are fun. A couple of years ago I was waiting outside for my Sister and her family to arrive and I picked up a stick, twirled that thing around for 2 hours.

We are off to the Farmer's market about 2 blocks away in a couple of minutes. The last time we went the guy said there is usually much more stuff there - the day we went they had a big pumpkin display - so we shall see.

Then I guess we need to head to the grocery store to pick up some meat - my impression of Omaha meats is that they are just - meh - not good, not bad, certainly not premium, so I won't order from them again (they are nothing like M&M meats in Canada which has far superior products at much cheaper prices).

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

I have not been into the other OT for a couple of weeks now. In fact, I have barely been into VJ at all. The reason for that is because I received some PM's from someone who thought I had a problem with how things were moderated on VJ. Have you ever known me to even care how things are moderated here? I am very rarely serious about anything online. I just come for the camaraderie and the laughs. Laughter is a great way for me to chase away the blues. Anyway, it really really hurt my feelings.... to be accused of something which was so blatantly unjust. So I decided to review how I was using VJ. I came to the conclusion that I was spending far too much time with virtual friends, and needed to get out and have human contact. I had such a great set of friends back in Canada and I miss that so much. While you guys have been great, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the banter and the repartee, it just isn't the same. I can't call you up and say "Let's go for a walk!" or "Come to Midnight Madness!" or "Let's plan a girls weekend!". I really feel I have made some wonderful friends here, and I would give anything to be able to get us all together in one place so we could joke and chat and carry on to our hearts' content. But that's the thing. We are not in person. And I really really need that back in my life. I just hope I can find it.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I HATE NEW YORK CITY!

Such a cesspool of creepy people. Luckily the venue was close to the George Washington Bridge so we were in and out. But after the show we saw two fights, one guy smacked some girl. Then some guy came up to me and just stared at me... and I told him to get lost and he got offended and told me I had a problem? You're standing right in front of me just staring at me, my son is with me. GO AWAY YOU FVCKING CREEP! Every time I go see a show in this city something really messed up happens.

But the concert was really good. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I have not been into the other OT for a couple of weeks now. In fact, I have barely been into VJ at all. The reason for that is because I received some PM's from someone who thought I had a problem with how things were moderated on VJ. Have you ever known me to even care how things are moderated here? I am very rarely serious about anything online. I just come for the camaraderie and the laughs. Laughter is a great way for me to chase away the blues. Anyway, it really really hurt my feelings.... to be accused of something which was so blatantly unjust. So I decided to review how I was using VJ. I came to the conclusion that I was spending far too much time with virtual friends, and needed to get out and have human contact. I had such a great set of friends back in Canada and I miss that so much. While you guys have been great, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the banter and the repartee, it just isn't the same. I can't call you up and say "Let's go for a walk!" or "Come to Midnight Madness!" or "Let's plan a girls weekend!". I really feel I have made some wonderful friends here, and I would give anything to be able to get us all together in one place so we could joke and chat and carry on to our hearts' content. But that's the thing. We are not in person. And I really really need that back in my life. I just hope I can find it.

Krikit.. for the record.. that person who PM'd you HAD to have you mistaken for someone else.. you COMPLETELY are here for the right reason and have just been fun and in no way antagonistic :( So sorry they did that..

On a personal level. I love having you around.. and am sad about you cutting back.. but I do understand. I hope you are doing okay.. and wish you the best of everything (F)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Krikit.. for the record.. that person who PM'd you HAD to have you mistaken for someone else.. you COMPLETELY are here for the right reason and have just been fun and in no way antagonistic :( So sorry they did that..

On a personal level. I love having you around.. and am sad about you cutting back.. but I do understand. I hope you are doing okay.. and wish you the best of everything (F)

I agree with Emancipation - that is just plain weird - and i'm not just saying that because I think it is what you want to hear. I have never NEVER seen you even make a suggestion as to how things should be moderated. What a bunch of garbage - I mean really.

I love having you around here too krikit! You always make me laugh - but I completely understand what you are saying about wanting to be out and aboot as well.

Timeline

Hmmmmm, croissants! Yum! Thank you!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I'm so sorry to hear, Krikit. I don't know you a lot but from what I know I don't understand how someone could say such things. I wish you good luck and that you will make lots of good friends. (L)(F)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

do you think it would be wrong to put my hubby on a allowance? :P

I am a little tired of him spending money without asking me if we have bills to pay etc.. :P

I am thinking of getting him one of those reloadable credit cards..

we have discussed it and he said he was ok with it but this morning I brought it up again and he said, "we will see" :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Maybe the way to address this is to put both of you on an allowance which can be spent without discussion with the other so that he doesn't feel 'singled out' even though he is the one who isn't taking the bills into consideration. Perhaps sitting down together to pay the bills might bring it to his realization how much 'extra' there really is (or isn't) so he can have a better idea of what other financial commitments you already have. Get re-loadable credit cards for both of you for your 'own' money and then do the rest jointly.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah that might be a good idea... I really don't think he feels singled out though.. he knows he has money spending problems... he did agree to the reloadable credit card when we first talked about it..

he is not spending large amounts of money or anything.. he mainly spends money on energy drinks and cigarettes and he gets cash-back a lot of the times too...

I rarely if ever spend money on myself and I really don't mind... I just buy groceries and various other stuff we need around the house...

I will try and sit him down soon and talk to him about all this...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good Morning!

Brrrrrrr pretty cold here today! Colder here than in Saskatoon! Ick! I'm not used to that! :lol:

Enjoy your day!

F3005-Canada.jpg

I did want to say Krikit that you must have been so hurt and sad to get that/those PM's when you haven't even been on-line here for awhile as well! Being back twice in a short time to Canada, the death of your Uncle...all of those things were on your plate when you saw those messages. Ugh, how thoughtless of them. We always enjoy your presence here, your laughter and quick retorts! There is not one person here I"m sure that doesn't understand how this isn't a substitute for having friends in the flesh. Particularly when you want and need a hug.

Hopefully someday in 2009 we CAN get together, and it WILL be fun. Until then, know that we care about you, your feelings, and what's going on in your life. (F)(L)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Morning all! MOnday mornings are so sad for me.. I hate to see the weekend go away :(

But.. it's time to get ready for work and attack the day - hopefully there will be some progress today on my projects and I can at long last get some checks on my to do list!

Here's an inspiring pic for you all. Taken yesterday as the sun was setting here in CT :)

100_4522.jpg

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Beautiful picture em!

Good morning.

In theory our bbq is supposed to be delivered today. Don't think any bbqing will be taking place today though as, from online reviews I have read, it takes 2-4 hours to assemble :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.