Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good Morning! Coffee's on!

Good_Morning_coffee_300x292.jpg

i missed my morning carlacoffee while i was in brazil :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good Morning! Coffee's on!

Good_Morning_coffee_300x292.jpg

i missed my morning carlacoffee while i was in brazil :luv:

Awww how sweet of you charles. :luv:

don't tell anyone, i've got a reputation to uphold around here. :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning all!

Well on Sunday Mike changed the cord on our dryer to a 2 prong and we have a power dryer woot woot!

So i'm catching up on washing yesterday and I pop out to get the garbage bin from the street and I was going to put it in the side yard - but lo and behold there is black gold there - Texas tea!

Not really, it was just water gurgling up from a broken pipe, but it reminded me of Jed and co.

So I have to call the house owner today - which I don't really want to do, she is just a tiny bit ####### and flits around like a bird - example:

On the morning we picked up the keys - relocube morning, she met us here. Lots of flitting around going on and she gets her broom out and starts sweeping leaves off the driveway - she says - I like to do this - everyday or all the time - something like that - but you won't have a broom.

Well in fact we do have an outside broom - that aside - I wanted to say, well unless you are coming over everyday to do that - that's not going to happen. :lol:

However! I have not swept those little leaves off the driveway once - and I probably won't.

Edited by trailmix

Anyone find this odd?

After posting in the Canada forum, I head out to the great abyss to see if I can help answer any questions outside of this forum. I don't specifically look for Canadians, but often I will run across some, asking questions. Really obvious to us questions. While I answer them, I also always invite them, by providing a link, to the Canada forum.

Personally I think we provide loads of information that is not general information about this process. Like, which Consulate's to go to, the list that's updated here by trailmix, BC's, EI...these are the kind of things specific to Canada. I can't help think that no matter how good VJ is, that there is valuable information that is specific for each region.

That being said, often, I've had to ask for threads to be moved here, and then, the OP's never seem to even come here again. Some, never venture here, and continually post outside of the forum. Again, I know the rules and thinking about what to post where, but I'm still surprised at the increasing number of people that have questions, or have run into some difficulty, and post elsewhere.

Is it us? Are we seen as unwelcoming? (Don't answer if you're going to just diss me)

Thoughts?

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

I think it's because VJ is a bit overwhelming at first. There are so many forums and you don't know which way is up, or what their purpose is. That doesn't bother me so much as people who presume to know Canada and Canadian processes answering questions and giving erroneous information. That drives me batty.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dear Carla,

Really it's just you....oooops you said not to diss you!

Actually, that is a darn good question. While I don't think we are unwelcoming, if you have been lurking here for a while and seeing people post regularly - I can see how you might feel a bit intimidated posting here.

Although, I see lots of welcomes and help when new people post - so im not sure where that would come from.

Looking back on my posts, I posted in the Canada forum about 2 weeks after joining, but not even a question, I think I had seen it but at that time no one was posting - all my questions went to 'outside' forums.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My work turns the simplest things into such big issues. :lol:

Its hilarious watching some of it from the sidelines. Ahh working with women, never gets old.

Donne moi une poptart!

Good morning everyone! :)

When I started posting in the forum, I was more inclined to post questions in the K-1 Fiance Visa Process section because a K-1 is what we had applied for. I don't remember now why or when I switched to the Canada section but since I did, I've stayed here and haven't been back in the other one since the information I get here is specific to Canada. When the time comes for me to do AOS, EAD and AP, I'll probably go to those sections since there are dedicated ones and that that part of the process is the same for everyone.

I'll keep coming in the Canada forum though, you guys are fun to hang around with :)

That said, I guess some people think that for questions on how to do things, they'll get better answers in a section that's dedicated to the part of the process they're at. Also, the fact that when you browse the different sections, you see more questions and answers on the process in the K-1, K-3, etc. sections than you see in the Canada section. That creates a trend and people in general are prone to following trends.

Timeline
I think it's because VJ is a bit overwhelming at first. There are so many forums and you don't know which way is up, or what their purpose is. That doesn't bother me so much as people who presume to know Canada and Canadian processes answering questions and giving erroneous information. That drives me batty.

This really drives me nuts because it is not necessarily the same for every one. Living beside the US our whole lives, our process is often different than say someone from India, even though we are doing the same things.

Nevertheless, I wish n00bs would post here more. We were all knew once and had to take the plunge on this forum.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

:lol:

What a mary!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.