thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Len, I hope you get the job :thumbs: hang in there.

Oh and here is a cheerful picture for everyone, these are some visitors I just photographed in the front yard!

cranes_florida006.jpg

yummy, supper walking to ur door,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks you guys, and sorry for the outburst. some days it just gets too effing stressful.

I hope I get the job to increase my collection of aprons and give free drinks to my illegal immigrant buddies - and to flames if he is a nice dude and lets me ride his Harley after my next bank robbery.

You guys are amazing - you make me smile even in the sh1tties of day :luv:

Awe.. no apologies needed at all we (L) ya gal!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Len, I hope you get the job :thumbs: hang in there.

Oh and here is a cheerful picture for everyone, these are some visitors I just photographed in the front yard!

cranes_florida006.jpg

yummy, supper walking to ur door,lol

:lol:

Timeline

Oh my god!!! i just started a thread on OFF TOPIC!! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157087

How long before the flaming starts??

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Oh my god!!! i just started a thread on OFF TOPIC!! http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=157087

How long before the flaming starts??

It has begun :whistle:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

no need for a flame war, just advising others to check their CC. But seems no matter what u post, it goes downhill

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

I just ran into the strangest job title at a reinsurance company - Head of Terrorism.

I hope he doesn't carry business cards with him when he travels.

~ Catherine

Timeline
no need for a flame war, just advising others to check their CC. But seems no matter what u post, it goes downhill

Thanks for posting that flames, it's the most fun we have had today :thumbs:

On the other hand...you make a very good point.

Timeline

have a good weekend all.. hubby & i are going hiking :dance: (but first out fol dinneh compliments of his company)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Maybe the VJ peoples are questioning your choice of furniture??

I love that sofa - love the color, love the style, too many pillows for me, I prefer an attached back but it's gorgeous...off to look at this site now.

Whose wedding are you going to?

Yeah, the pillows could get to be a tad annoying, I would think. I just love the fabric and the colour. :luv:

We're going to my husband's niece's wedding. He's walking her down the aisle.

we have a couch with detached pillows and it is so annoying.. the pillows always push the cushions out :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
I've been a barista for a while now, since Bren got sick in Canada. I try to be light about it, specially in this country where the social support for chronically ill people totally svcks. Some days it really gets to me and I wish we could just move back to Canada :cry: . Really. That's why I have as many jobs as I do. Svcks to say it out loud. But I keep the faith - my Bren will one day get better, I really want to believe that.

oh #######, crying now.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, Len. :(post-21394-1224336019.gif I hope your husband gets the treatment and support he needs, and your burden becomes lighter. (F) On a bright note, I (L) Starbucks and am looking forward to popping into your store for a coffee and a carrot cake! :dance:

When did "How are you" become more of greeting than a question?

I realize more and more each day that when someone says: "How are you" an answer is not needed, but I always answer with: "Fine, how are you?" and people usually don't answer at all.

It's kind of like in highschool people would say: "Sup?" or "whats up?" and I would always say: "Oh not much" :lol:

Yet I would hear people say it to eachother and answer with: "Sup" I never could grasp it.

I guess that makes me a dork. :(

That's funny. I wonder that too. I do exactly the same as you..... tell them I'm fine then ask how they are. Some people respond, some don't. I don't know if it's because they think I'm not expecting a response, or if it's because they didn't hear me. My husband tells me I speak too softly.

I just got the call from my mom back home- my sweet dog Polly was put down yesterday.

I got her from the SPCA for my 18th Birthday from a friend. My mom was was pissed off when she got home and saw a new puppy- we had just gone through the loss of another dog. Polly soon became the love of our lives and ran the house. I moved away several times over the years but I could never take Polly away from her home.

The last time I was with her was in May. I knew it was the last time I would see her. She made it past her 17th Birthday and lived a good life.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Hugs, MissStacey. :(post-21394-1224336019.gif

I just ran into the strangest job title at a reinsurance company - Head of Terrorism.

I hope he doesn't carry business cards with him when he travels.

~ Catherine

:o

:blink:

What's a "reinsurance" company? :unsure:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Good morning everyone!

MissStacey, i'm sorry about your dog! that must be so hard for you and your family.

So we slept in a bit this morning, I feel kind of rested :lol:

Do you think flames is mad at us for faux-flaming his thread?

Timeline

I didnt care, but i was sending out a serious messgae, no one enjoys fraud

Timeline

So we are going sofa shopping today, I hope we find something comfy. The only thing we have to sit on at the moment is our computer chairs, which are comfortable, but still, would be nice to have a sofa to sit on :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.