• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder-full loving humour.

Weddings.

Funerals.

Oh life is so full, huh?

I hope all of you are feeling healthy and have some peace and joy in your lives.

Corny, huh?

I am feeling extreme emotion...again.

I sometimes wish I was not born with that horrid gene: sensitive.

:blush:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:cry:

Len.. i forgive you.. my brother work at 'Bucks for years.. He gave me all kindsa neat swag.. it's a great place to work and MUCH higher pay that Timmy's.. good for you gal!! You will soon be invited to ALL the happening parties with your new skillz as barista!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline

Len.. i forgive you.. my brother work at 'Bucks for years.. He gave me all kindsa neat swag.. it's a great place to work and MUCH higher pay that Timmy's.. good for you gal!! You will soon be invited to ALL the happening parties with your new skillz as barista!

Thanks hermana.

I've been a barista for a while now, since Bren got sick in Canada. I try to be light about it, specially in this country where the social support for chronically ill people totally svcks. Some days it really gets to me and I wish we could just move back to Canada :cry:. Really. That's why I have as many jobs as I do. Svcks to say it out loud. But I keep the faith - my Bren will one day get better, I really want to believe that.

oh #######, crying now.

Timeline

When did "How are you" become more of greeting than a question?

I realize more and more each day that when someone says: "How are you" an answer is not needed, but I always answer with: "Fine, how are you?" and people usually don't answer at all.

It's kind of like in highschool people would say: "Sup?" or "whats up?" and I would always say: "Oh not much" :lol:

Yet I would hear people say it to eachother and answer with: "Sup" I never could grasp it.

I guess that makes me a dork. :(

Thanks hermana.

I've been a barista for a while now, since Bren got sick in Canada. I try to be light about it, specially in this country where the social support for chronically ill people totally svcks. Some days it really gets to me and I wish we could just move back to Canada :cry:. Really. That's why I have as many jobs as I do. Svcks to say it out loud. But I keep the faith - my Bren will one day get better, I really want to believe that.

oh #######, crying now.

(((((((((((((LEN))))))))))))))

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got the call from my mom back home- my sweet dog Polly was put down yesterday.

I got her from the SPCA for my 18th Birthday from a friend. My mom was was pissed off when she got home and saw a new puppy- we had just gone through the loss of another dog. Polly soon became the love of our lives and ran the house. I moved away several times over the years but I could never take Polly away from her home.

The last time I was with her was in May. I knew it was the last time I would see her. She made it past her 17th Birthday and lived a good life.

Timeline
Thanks hermana.

I had to look that up.. didn't know if it was a compliment or no :) tee hee..

(F) for Bren my friend

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Uh oh... I will say it here and hope flames doesn't notice :whistle:

I will have an interview at Starbucks on Monday :blush:

***runs away in shame before flames finds out****

Starbucks and Len? Can those words coexist??? What changed your mind? My many words of wisdom? great tasting coffee? probably my many words of wisdom,lol I have no taste buds, a latte is a latte for the most part. Best latte I have ever had on the Airforce base in Sigonella Italy! Mqan it was yummy! We would always stop in their prior for to a flight! Good luck on the interview. Are you legally able to work?? LOL :rofl: In all seriousness, you would be an excellent asset to starbucks. Good luck

edit: Sorry to hear about Bren, and i too always hope out for the best. if you dont have hope, what do you have!! He is lucky to have a great wife!!

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Thanks hermana.

oh #######, crying now.

Oh mannnnn....did not mean to stir it up so deeply.

I hear you Len about things sometimes are just easier in Cannuckland.

They just make more sense there, even though much is senseless there too.

Huge hugs for you!! and for Bren.

(L) (L)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

A few of my classmates work at Starbucks, and they said they really enjoy working there, They get treated well.

Sorry to hear about ur pup missstacey

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks hermana.

I've been a barista for a while now, since Bren got sick in Canada. I try to be light about it, specially in this country where the social support for chronically ill people totally svcks. Some days it really gets to me and I wish we could just move back to Canada :cry: . Really. That's why I have as many jobs as I do. Svcks to say it out loud. But I keep the faith - my Bren will one day get better, I really want to believe that.

oh #######, crying now.

*hugs* len....I hope things will turn around soon for you guys. (F)

Filed: Timeline

Thanks you guys, and sorry for the outburst. some days it just gets too effing stressful.

I hope I get the job to increase my collection of aprons and give free drinks to my illegal immigrant buddies - and to flames if he is a nice dude and lets me ride his Harley after my next bank robbery.

You guys are amazing - you make me smile even in the sh1tties of day :luv:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.