Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
back for coffee refills. good coffe btw :thumbs:

Here. I've left it beside your morning paper:

coffeebk6.jpg

ahhhhhhh more coffee! (F)

Charles, are you becoming a Java Junkie? I fear we may have to start an intervention. :lol:

canadian coffee and canadian club. :D what a way to wake up in the morning :thumbs:

Throw in back bacon and you've got the Canuck trifecta. :)

hmmm a hawaiian pizza does sound good (pineapple and canadian bacon) :D

here for my morning coffee again and to say hi to all the friendly canadians :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:blink:

coffeebk6.jpg

Charles, are you becoming a Java Junkie? I fear we may have to start an intervention. :lol:

canadian coffee and canadian club. :D what a way to wake up in the morning :thumbs:

here for my morning coffee again and to say hi to all the friendly canadians :dance:

Good morning charles. I don't know what you mean by Canadian bacon though! haha I hear that all the time here. The only thing about our bacon that is Canadian is that it comes from Canadian pigs! Canadian bacon is NOT ham. I've had a few bacon laden pizzas and it was just some sliced ham. :blink: Very weird.

Anyway, here's your morning coffee!

Carla (F)

Edited by cartoboy123
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
:blink:

coffeebk6.jpg

Good morning charles. I don't know what you mean by Canadian bacon though! haha I hear that all the time here. The only thing about our bacon that is Canadian is that it comes from Canadian pigs! Canadian bacon is NOT ham. I've had a few bacon laden pizzas and it was just some sliced ham. :blink: Very weird.

Anyway, here's your morning coffee!

Carla (F)

ahhh more coffee :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

Well, I'm back from American Thanksgiving in NC. I hope everyone else has returned home safe and sound also. The number of car accidents on the highways was astounding. And they weren't just minor fender benders either..... they were all serious serious accidents. So there were quite a few people who were not having a good Thanksgiving this year. My heart goes out to them.

Thanks for getting Charles his morning coffee, Carla. I was worried he'd have to do without. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Well, I'm back from American Thanksgiving in NC. I hope everyone else has returned home safe and sound also. The number of car accidents on the highways was astounding. And they weren't just minor fender benders either..... they were all serious serious accidents. So there were quite a few people who were not having a good Thanksgiving this year. My heart goes out to them.

Thanks for getting Charles his morning coffee, Carla. I was worried he'd have to do without. lol

Ohhh glad to hear everything was safe for you guys Krikit!! We had a VERY easy time getting from Newark to St. Louis and back!! NO delays, no cancelled flights.. NOTHING!! not even traffic in NJ!! Holy we felt jypped!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well winter is officially here. We have had snow off and on for a few weeks now, but it is currently -16 with snow here in Calgary and it's going to be that cold at least all this week (I suspect until May).

Anyway, I guess I won't be going out until Spring now. Come on Spring!!

Well winter is officially here. We have had snow off and on for a few weeks now, but it is currently -16 with snow here in Calgary and it's going to be that cold at least all this week (I suspect until May).

Anyway, I guess I won't be going out until Spring now. Come on Spring!!

One word:

HA!

In all seriousness, that's something I shall never miss about my adopted grad-country!

Seattle is cold and foggy, but manageable in high heels: man I am happy. I thought that I would never use Blahniks again (not that I can afford them anymore LOL).

Timeline

Why!! It's cold and .... it's cold!! You aren't fooling me with the babbling brook photo either lol. I must be Canadian though because I just went outside to take this picture, in my bare feet. Confirming that it is cold.

snow-002.jpg

Timeline
:lol: Okay, well uhh, yeah. I must confess I'm not so hot on the cold. :blush: And that does look cold, Trailmix. Brrr. I just went outside in my bare feet too:

viewfromfrontdooraz4.jpg

How pretty is that!!

I just realized you are in Florida. We are actually pondering going further south. Our plan is to go to Nebraska, as my Sister and family are there, all good, but we have decided that really we need warmer weather so Florida is a a definate option. The thing is, we don't want to live in a major center anymore, we are thinking smaller town - but not so small that there are no phones haha - Suggestions!?

Plus my Brother in Law walked out of his job this morning, after 22 years, so I suppose they have fewer ties in nebbie now :blink:

:lol: Okay, well uhh, yeah. I must confess I'm not so hot on the cold. :blush: And that does look cold, Trailmix. Brrr. I just went outside in my bare feet too:

viewfromfrontdooraz4.jpg

OMG you suck!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I wanna be there too!!!! B) Chilling with a drink under a palm tree!! I have never seena palm by the way...Chicago is about as south as I have ever been in my life...

Here's my outdoor right now:

outdoor001.jpg

This is the closest I can get from a palm tree right now...my little pony palm. Saved from Lowe's for 2$ because there was no leaves on it, grew really half of the summer until a squirrel ate half of it, regrew the rest of the summer....but now dying in the cold because it would be eaten by the cats if I brought it inside anyways... :(

outdoor002.jpg

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

OMG you suck!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I LOVE the view from your balcony, Mephys. It looks so peaceful and serene. Your palm tree's hilarious. OMG.... last year I bought a poinsettia and put it outside after Christmas. And guess what?!! It started blooming red flowers two weeks ago!!!! I was so excited!! (It's the little things, doncha know. lol)

Trailmix, I can so relate. We chose a small town also. We are in Mount Dora. It's less than an hour to everything ((including a major airport (Orlando), which is is a must)) but still retains that small town atmosphere. I absolutely love it. In fact, life would be almost perfect if only my family and friends would move here. :P

Anyway, there are LOTS of lovely small towns in Florida. And so much to do. There's always a festival or something going on to keep you busy. And the beaches are gorgeous. *sigh* Check out Google maps to zero in on place names. Then you can do a search for the demographics of that town. Plus I'm here if you have any questions. :D

P.S. I can understand your BIL walking out of his job after 22 years. I wanted to do that, myself, sometimes. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol: at the palm, it's the little plant that could!!

I'll check out your town Krikit, the thing is I have always wanted to move South and since we are moving anyway it seems like a perfect opportunity to do just that.

I will have questions no doubt :hehe:

Timeline

we had our first snow last wed, just a few flakes (no california jokes please). had more snow on sat but that melted off quickly. i've learned how to tell when the snow is coming our way - it's not the migrating candian geese but the migrating seagulls! :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.