thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like I missed a lot yesterday.. a near pregnancy, a new move, bad news about work, kids birthdays, death in the extended family etc. etc. missed yas my CDN friends yesterday, but was on the couch terribly ill for the day. Feeling better today and feeling more like myself. My poor husband.. life must have been miserable for him the past few days..

BAH!

:)

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks Carla. It's my daughter's happy birthday today. :) Looks like we're expecting storms here in sunny Fla. Doesn't go well with hairdressing appointments but, hey.... storms are fun. :unsure:

Thanks for the coffee Carla - good morning!

Well moving day today - sort of, I mean we will be sleeping over there tonight, how much actual 'moving' gets done depends on what I get packed today as Mike is at work.

The thing is, we don't have that much stuff here, but we have been her for 6 months, so we have a few more things than we originally had (like a lamp, vacuum etc).

The reason we chose today to move is that this is the first day we could get the cable company over to hook up the cable :lol:

Yesterday I unpacked a bit, washed all the dishes (by hand :o ) got the bedroom and bathroom set up etc etc.

As far as damage goes, there were a couple of things broken, some things just squished, like our bathroom garbage bin, the top and bottom are now two completely different shapes :lol: - I did try to put them together!

We threw away all our pots and pans when we left Calgary - decided we wanted new ones, might have been an idea to at least throw a small frying pan in there. We will be going shopping this weekend.

Didn't get a new plug for the dryer as when Mike got to the store he found there are 2 kinds of 3 prong dryer plugs...who knew!?

Oh and krikit there isn't water across the street, but if you go around the corner and down the road a bit there is a lake apparently!

Oh and Em, welcome back and I hope you feel right as rain in no time at all!

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

House looks GREAT trailmix! Really lovely. I hope it brings you guys lots of good luck. We aer agressively house hunting and think we found THE ONE last night :D We will be putting in an offer in a few days and hopefully we can get close to what we are going to ask for it. These people bought the house only 10 months ago and are already selling. They bought it for $261,900 and are asking $289,900. Like the house "appreciated" almost $30k in less than a year in THIS market? :lol: I hope when we offer something in the 240 range they don't scoff at us!

Morning every one! Hope you guys are having a decent one so far. Nev-I'm glad you aren't pregnant because I know you want to wait a bit longer.

I hope every one is up on the luck instead of down.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Timeline

Oh no, Emancipation! I'm so sorry you don't feel well. :( Glad to hear you're on the mend though.

Trailmix, I so relate to getting rid of things when you're moving and then realizing you obviously weren't thinking clearly at the time. :lol: And boo to hand-washing dishes. That's teh suck.

iagree.gif

Filed: Timeline

Good luck on the house, Treble! We low-balled a house when we bought a couple of years ago, and the lady-of-the-house got really offended. We negotiated back and forth until she said "Tell them I want x and not a penny less, and not to come back unless I get that." Well, she was more enamoured with her house than we were so we put in an offer on the next house on our list and got it. A few months later they finally sold their house..... for thousands less than what we had offered. Plus this house is way better. I gloated. :devil:

iagree.gif

Timeline
House looks GREAT trailmix! Really lovely. I hope it brings you guys lots of good luck. We aer agressively house hunting and think we found THE ONE last night :D We will be putting in an offer in a few days and hopefully we can get close to what we are going to ask for it. These people bought the house only 10 months ago and are already selling. They bought it for $261,900 and are asking $289,900. Like the house "appreciated" almost $30k in less than a year in THIS market? :lol: I hope when we offer something in the 240 range they don't scoff at us!

Morning every one! Hope you guys are having a decent one so far. Nev-I'm glad you aren't pregnant because I know you want to wait a bit longer.

I hope every one is up on the luck instead of down.

I wish we could find decent homes down here for that price.

And thanks I am too, I told you in the other thread I was really afraid because I had those drinks on Friday. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Good luck on the house, Treble! We low-balled a house when we bought a couple of years ago, and the lady-of-the-house got really offended. We negotiated back and forth until she said "Tell them I want x and not a penny less, and not to come back unless I get that." Well, she was more enamoured with her house than we were so we put in an offer on the next house on our list and got it. A few months later they finally sold their house..... for thousands less than what we had offered. Plus this house is way better. I gloated. :devil:

:thumbs:

I agree that people shouldn't worry about making a low offer - sometimes you will get those offended people - but for instance, my Sister is selling her house in Calgary right now and it's pretty much sitting there, even though it seems to be reasonably priced.

As she has said, she would just like people to make an offer, even if it's $20,000 less than the asking price, so they can judge whether or not they have it priced correctly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada. try not to miss me while i'm gone to brazil starting today. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

lucky you charles!

My parents have also told me not to be afraid to low-ball, as long as it's a decent offer. You can't expect people to buy a house for 289K when you bought it 10 months ago for 261K and did nothing to the house! They made no repairs at all. All the upgrades were done by the previous owner.

It's only been on the market for 17 days and I'm hoping because they didn't live there long they are hoping to get rid of it. But on the other hand, they may be looking to wait it out and see if they can get a better offer. It just amazes me though that people think that in this market, people will buy their house for more than it's actually worth. We are hoping to get in in between 250-260. I think that if they are smart, they will take it and just go move somewhere else. :devil: You just never know. The agent told us what they usually do is if I came in at 240 or 245, they would find the half way point between 289 and 245 and come back with that. I still think that they shouldn't be trying to make profit on a house they lived in for less than a year and did nothing with. Sacre bleu!

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
lucky you charles!

My parents have also told me not to be afraid to low-ball, as long as it's a decent offer. You can't expect people to buy a house for 289K when you bought it 10 months ago for 261K and did nothing to the house! They made no repairs at all. All the upgrades were done by the previous owner.

It's only been on the market for 17 days and I'm hoping because they didn't live there long they are hoping to get rid of it. But on the other hand, they may be looking to wait it out and see if they can get a better offer. It just amazes me though that people think that in this market, people will buy their house for more than it's actually worth. We are hoping to get in in between 250-260. I think that if they are smart, they will take it and just go move somewhere else. :devil: You just never know. The agent told us what they usually do is if I came in at 240 or 245, they would find the half way point between 289 and 245 and come back with that. I still think that they shouldn't be trying to make profit on a house they lived in for less than a year and did nothing with. Sacre bleu!

Well nothing wrong with making a profit, but like you say, are they being realistic in this market? Did they get it at a steal? If you didn't know that they bought it for 261 10 months ago - would you think it was worth 289?

Timeline

Well it hasn't be assessed that high but no, I'd say it's worth around 260. There are still things that need to be done to it. It's a great house though.

There aren't a lot of houses going for almost 300 in the area though that aren't fairly new or in better areas. That is more of why I think it's silly to have priced it so high.

By the way, it was an estate sale.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

I generally know where everything is - usually.

I keep my jewellery in the closet, last night I picked up the bag it was in as I was going to put it in my purse - I also remember I picked up the camera and the camera battery charger, I was going to put that in the camera case.

Well, I have no idea where my jewellery is and no idea where the camera is either :blink:

I generally know where everything is - usually.

I keep my jewellery in the closet, last night I picked up the bag it was in as I was going to put it in my purse - I also remember I picked up the camera and the camera battery charger, I was going to put that in the camera case.

Well, I have no idea where my jewellery is and no idea where the camera is either :blink:

Woops...oh nooooooo!!!

I hope it walks itself back to where it should be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy Brazil lucky Charles!

:dance:

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Finally, it's Friday! Here's morning coffee. Seems like if I only get on VJ in the morning there is so much happening during the day! Good luck on buying a house, good luck in unpacking one, glad you're not pregnant, sorry you feel unwell, have fun in Brazil! *said all in one breath*! *gasp*

:lol: Think I'll have to try and log on more than once a day eh?

I've been asked to attend a conference in Indianapolis Indiana next week with my volunteer work. A national conference. I'm so excited! The Director said I'll be a wonderful representative of the organization. That made me smile. :) Gene is going to take a few days off of work and go with me since my expenses are covered. We're going to stay an extra day as well. Any Canadian VJ'ers in Indianapolis?

Enjoy your weekend!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.