2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We went to the music store last night and got my son a new violin. Renting it was 20.00 more than buying it, go figure! So we just bought him one. He looks so cute with it! :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
We went to the music store last night and got my son a new violin. Renting it was 20.00 more than buying it, go figure! So we just bought him one. He looks so cute with it! :D

Awww. That's awesome. Was the rental a better quality, perhaps?

Coffee and a bagel this morning.

bagel.jpg

No it was the same one as the one he bought.

Well there was a security deposit included of 40.00 but it just seems like more to me even if you get 40.00 back in June.

I decided that we'd just buy him one since he's already played a few instruments and shows some dedication to music, and its nice to own it rather than rent it. You get to bring it back too and they buy it back for three quarters of the price (provided its in good condition) when he grows out of this one.

So hopefully he sticks to this instrument and keeps it in good condition. *crosses fingers*

I am so glad he didn't choose the sax or clarinet though, those were a little on the pricey side. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline
No it was the same one as the one he bought.

Well there was a security deposit included of 40.00 but it just seems like more to me even if you get 40.00 back in June.

I decided that we'd just buy him one since he's already played a few instruments and shows some dedication to music, and its nice to own it rather than rent it. You get to bring it back too and they buy it back for three quarters of the price (provided its in good condition) when he grows out of this one.

So hopefully he sticks to this instrument and keeps it in good condition. *crosses fingers*

I am so glad he didn't choose the sax or clarinet though, those were a little on the pricey side. :lol:

Sounds like a great plan!

iagree.gif

Timeline

I used to work in a music store, and yep the rental fees can be a bit on the high side. Basically they are trying to make up for the loss in value that will occur when you get a new instrument back from rental (which is by then considered a 2nd hand instrument).. With kids violins (which aren't crazy expensive to begin with), there's not much value left in the instrument. Anyway, that's my guess :) But good for you for including music in your child's education :) It did WONDERS for me as a kid, and I'm still enjoying the value of being able to read, play and write music :star:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Top of the morning to you!

Thanks for the coffee Krikit. I always know someone will step up to the plate and provide fresh morning coffee if I'm away! While I'm not away right now, I am having health issues, and have to change some of my routines. I may not be back from my morning walk before others are up, so if indeed I'm not here, feel free to provide the morning brew.

I'm hoping you all have a wonderous day! (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone. it's almost friday. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

almost being the operative word :(

We didn't have much success with houses last night. We saw one that we thought was cute but it has no driveway or garage. It also only has one bathroom.

Today I emailed the loan officer at the bank asking if we would be approved for a higher amount. I didn't want to do this but I think we are going to have to. It was a really nice area though!

Morning yall! I'm about to go into a meeting. My boss and I have some yellin' to do! :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
Top of the morning to you!

Thanks for the coffee Krikit. I always know someone will step up to the plate and provide fresh morning coffee if I'm away! While I'm not away right now, I am having health issues, and have to change some of my routines. I may not be back from my morning walk before others are up, so if indeed I'm not here, feel free to provide the morning brew.

I'm hoping you all have a wonderous day! (F)

Awe Carla.. hope that the issues pass quickly.. sorry to hear that.

morning all... it's a tough morning for us... saying goodbye is hard to do.. (no worries hubby & I are fine, it's just other situations in our lives right now)..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Morning all!

Well my Husband has gone off to show our car to whomever has to look at it before we can register it here. He has to drive all the way to Deland - which according to google is about a 40 minute drive each way.

Later today we will go back to the county tax collectors office to register the car - which is about 20 minutes from here - you would think we were living in a back water instead of just outside Orlando :lol:

I have to go along for that second trip because the car is in my name - whateva.

I really do prefer the system in Alberta where you just walk in to a privately operated registry office to do everything from taking your driver's test to registering your vehicle - it just makes sense.

Oh and Carla I hope you are feeling right as rain in no time at all!

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
Well my Husband has gone off to show our car to whomever has to look at it before we can register it here. He has to drive all the way to Deland - which according to google is about a 40 minute drive each way.

Later today we will go back to the county tax collectors office to register the car - which is about 20 minutes from here - you would think we were living in a back water instead of just outside Orlando!

The import lady just met me at our local tax collector's office so I wouldn't have to drive to Ocala. She told me they are assigned to regions and just travel to each area as the need arises.

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Later today we will go back to the county tax collectors office to register the car - which is about 20 minutes from here - you would think we were living in a back water instead of just outside Orlando!

The import lady just met me at our local tax collector's office so I wouldn't have to drive to Ocala. She told me they are assigned to regions and just travel to each area as the need arises.

Oh, well that would have been incredibly handy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.