thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

I wonder why Charles gives the Starbucks to the Canadians?

Starbucks was born in Seattle, no?

Hee, hee.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
The Treble, I hope you get it and move in fast!

It looks beautiful.

Wow!

Best of luck with it going smoothly.

ta, my love. I am hoping for the same and that no one puts an offer in before we get a chance to look at it in real life on Wednesday. There are others we are going to be looking at too, I am just very drawn to this one in particular.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hee, hee.

He is slowly but surely trying to infiltrate the Canada forum by giving us large free cups of coffee from American companies!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he posted a timmies pic with starbucks coffee inside ! :hehe:

Timeline

:lol:

damnit charles! we are LOYALISTS when it comes to our coffee.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Hee, hee.

He is slowly but surely trying to infiltrate the Canada forum by giving us large free cups of coffee from American companies!!

I wouldn't be surprised if he posted a timmies pic with starbucks coffee inside ! :hehe:

:lol:

Oh those of you who like their coffee "weak" would know right away....hee hee.

The Treble, I hope you get it and move in fast!

It looks beautiful.

Wow!

Best of luck with it going smoothly.

ta, my love. I am hoping for the same and that no one puts an offer in before we get a chance to look at it in real life on Wednesday. There are others we are going to be looking at too, I am just very drawn to this one in particular.

Do hide a rotten egg in the kitchen somewhere.

Hee hee!

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline

I love house pics. :luv:

Well, I'm back home now. I just want to send a special "THANK YOU (F) (F) (F)" to all those who sent their hugs and well wishes. You have no idea how much I needed them and how far they went to helping me feel better. I was supposed to leave Canada the next morning but things took a turn for the worse. My Mom's cat had to be put down. :( I received a call from a friend saying the prognosis/timeline results were in from his cancer tests and he has a year to live. :cry: I stopped at the Scottish bakery to pick up some things I knew my Uncle would eat (because the food at the hospital is horrid) and stopped by for one final goodbye. He had deteriorated so much in the short time since I had last seen him that I was in shock and wondered whether I should leave. Then he said something to me about some regrets he had and a message for my husband which caused both my mother and myself to break down crying. By this time it was late and I was a mess, so I drove back home, unloaded the cooler and some necessities, and decided to try again the next morning. My husband's mother called late last night to welcome me back. Doesn't she know that late-night calls scare the life out of me???!!!!! Bless her heart. :bonk:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, I'm back home now. I just want to send a special "THANK YOU (F)(F)(F) " to all those who sent their hugs and well wishes. You have no idea how much I needed them and how far they went to helping me feel better. I was supposed to leave Canada the next morning but things took a turn for the worse. My Mom's cat had to be put down. :( I received a call from a friend saying the prognosis/timeline results were in from his cancer tests and he has a year to live. :cry: I stopped at the Scottish bakery to pick up some things I knew my Uncle would eat (because the food at the hospital is horrid) and stopped by for one final goodbye. He had deteriorated so much in the short time since I had last seen him that I was in shock and wondered whether I should leave. Then he said something to me about some regrets he had and a message for my husband which caused both my mother and myself to break down crying. By this time it was late and I was a mess, so I drove back home, unloaded the cooler and some necessities, and decided to try again the next morning. My husband's mother called late last night to welcome me back. Doesn't she know that late-night calls scare the life out of me???!!!!! Bless her heart. :bonk:

(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(F)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Well, I'm back home now. I just want to send a special "THANK YOU (F) (F) (F)" to all those who sent their hugs and well wishes. You have no idea how much I needed them and how far they went to helping me feel better. I was supposed to leave Canada the next morning but things took a turn for the worse. My Mom's cat had to be put down. :( I received a call from a friend saying the prognosis/timeline results were in from his cancer tests and he has a year to live. :cry: I stopped at the Scottish bakery to pick up some things I knew my Uncle would eat (because the food at the hospital is horrid) and stopped by for one final goodbye. He had deteriorated so much in the short time since I had last seen him that I was in shock and wondered whether I should leave. Then he said something to me about some regrets he had and a message for my husband which caused both my mother and myself to break down crying. By this time it was late and I was a mess, so I drove back home, unloaded the cooler and some necessities, and decided to try again the next morning. My husband's mother called late last night to welcome me back. Doesn't she know that late-night calls scare the life out of me???!!!!! Bless her heart. :bonk:

Awe... you have had quite the time Ms. Krikit... (L) to you!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Dear Krikit,

Here's more:

(L) (L) (L)(F)(L) (L) (L)(F)(L) (L) (L)(F)(L) (L) (L)

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit (L)

I have something that made me happy today! We bought a hummingbird feeder several months ago and it has been hanging outside our kitchen window. Today while we were eating dinner- there was a hummingbird feeding from it! Finally!! It was so cute.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You know what I don't understand? How in this day in age, women die in childbirth. I just learned that a girl that I knew and danced with for many years died giving birth this past February. She was only 30 years old. The baby survived, which is good. The whole thing makes me frustrated though, women aren't supposed to die in childbirth, especially in a hospital! ~sighs~ I know that it doesn't always work, and that things can be out of a doctor's control, but I'm saddened and a little jaded with the medical profession lately.

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks guys. :luv:

Happy (belated) birthday, Len. Hope you got lots of hugs. hugsmall.gif

Awwww, Stacey. A hummingbird feeder. Avec hummingbirds, even! That's awesome. My sister used to make an old boyfriend some really crazy-coloured shirts. He was wearing a tropical flower one up north one day when a hummingbird came to check it out. It was so neat. :)

Sorry about your friend, Amy. Sometimes things go wrong and there is nothing we can do about them. I'm sure the medical personnel who were looking after her were very distraught. Perhaps the lessons learned can be used to save someone else's life. (F)

Raining here. Here's a nice cup of tea to tide you over until someone shows up with the coffee.

tea.jpg

Today I am going to continue doing laundry <_< then I'm going to the bank to cash my reimbursement cheque from British Airways! :dance: I sent the claim in before I left for Canada and, lo and behold, it was sitting here waiting for me upon my arrival! :o It's even in US dollars and in my married name (even though I flew using my former name to match my passport) so I don't have to send the cheque to Canada (since my US bank doesn't have a clue when it comes to foreign money.... God knows what would happen if I tried cashing it with a different name). AND..... it's even in the amount I claimed! My husband had lost his receipt for the items he had to replace so I kind of thought I'd get a hassle there. So I wrote "Attached, please find a copy of our receipts. My husband has been unable to locate one of his receipts for some undergarments and a rain jacket. I am sure you can understand how items can be lost and will forgive him this oversight." :hehe: It's always a nice surprise when things go right, isn't it? :)

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Gross.

I just went to call Cooper in from outside and I saw him playing with something- he was throwing it up in the air and catching it- having a great old time. I'm looking at this thing thinking "Is that what I think it is?"

I lure him back in with a treat and go out there, sure enough it was what I thought it was- it was a little dead rat he was playing with.

I had to get the dust pan to pick it up and throw it in the garbage. Shudder.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.