thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Aww, I hope you feel better soon. I hate having a cold. How nice that your friend brought you chicken noodle soup - the kindness is just as healing as the soup.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trailmix: We are going to North Carolina for a vacation with 3 other couples!!!

We rented a house. Click here to see it!!! :)

Whooooooeee THAT's quite the house!! Enjoy!

THANKS!!!

We have been planning this for months!! Should be super fun!!!

Our friends gave us the master "honeymoon" suite with the jacuzzi tub on the 3rd floor...they are so sweet!!!

You naughty girl :devil: Hope you enjoy your first "unofficial" honeymoon :) And I am sure you will have a great time !! Outside the bedroom too I mean :whistle:

Guess what I got just in time for the weekend? A nice cold.. :(

A wonderful friend just brought me chicken noodle soup though.. she is wonderful :luv:

Awww E, I hope you get better soon! I will send you some positive chicken noodle soup thoughts :) With a few saltine crackers.... teehee :luv:

Edited by Mephys

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We will probably be renting out our condo next yr (buying a house) and will just make it simple, NO PETS,lol Maybe allow a cat ,but no dogs,even though we have 2 cats and 1 dog.

At our previous apartment, they allowed cats, and yes they charged a $100 nonrefundable fee, but no monthly fee!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone!

2251793856_05d55e8dcd.jpg2686535653_7bd1e11982.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Hey, if that Dunkin Donut cup contains French Vanilla coffee, I'm taking the first gulp - the rest of you can share what I leave, hehehehe!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline
We will probably be renting out our condo next yr (buying a house) and will just make it simple, NO PETS,lol Maybe allow a cat ,but no dogs,even though we have 2 cats and 1 dog.

At our previous apartment, they allowed cats, and yes they charged a $100 nonrefundable fee, but no monthly fee!

Or charge a fee of $400 if you like, but make it refundable! The only problem I have with the fee is that it is non-refundable.

We just went to look at a house (lovely couple own it) - nice neighbourhood - HUGE screened in patio - big grapefruit tree and plum tree in the back yard.

But the house is...well it needs updating badly and new carpet throughout and paint, so it's a no go.

Then went grocery shopping, just to get fruit and vegetables basically.

Sorry about your cold E, hope you feel better very soon :thumbs:

Or charge a fee of $400 if you like, but make it refundable! The only problem I have with the fee is that it is non-refundable.

I agree with that. I have no problem with the fees, but the thing is , even if your pet doesn't do any damages and doesn't bring up any additional "fixing" fee for them, they still keep it in their pocket.

So charge a fee, if it looks the same way it was before they rent, refund. If it's trashed and you need to have it fixed, keep the money. That's the logical way to do it. And you can say for example 200$-250$ for cat(s) and 500$ for a dog, since dogs are more prone to destroy the condo than a cat.... And make sure you say only neutered cats are accepted, if you don't want the place to have a risk to smell like pee :whistle:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

Thanks guys!! I am feeling better. Did some therapy shopping yesterday and doing a bit more today, feeling better by the moment!! :)

Off to pick up hubby today!!! :dance: Newark here I come!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
Thanks guys!! I am feeling better. Did some therapy shopping yesterday and doing a bit more today, feeling better by the moment!! :)

Off to pick up hubby today!!! :dance: Newark here I come!

Yay Newark!!

Good morning everyone. Nice sunny day here in Florida. Think we will just stay home today :thumbs: What is everyone else up to?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a nice day here- sunny and it is getting dryer and cooler which is great.

Mel just left for most of the day, he is off to the Saints game. I am going out for breakfast with a girlfriend in a little while and then probably go get some groceries. Pretty low key today.

Timeline

My wife returns home on Tuesday from a long trip, so time to get the rug cleaner out and do the floors. Even though a=our Siberian cats are "hypoallergic" for th emsot part, she tends to have a mild reaction at first, so rug cleaning helps in cutting down the dander!! Then study for an exam on Thursday, joy joy!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canadians!

349255441_c2a83e06fb.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
My wife returns home on Tuesday from a long trip, so time to get the rug cleaner out and do the floors. Even though a=our Siberian cats are "hypoallergic" for th emsot part, she tends to have a mild reaction at first, so rug cleaning helps in cutting down the dander!! Then study for an exam on Thursday, joy joy!

:lol: you have a hypoallergenic cat

we don't :huh:

My Husband is playing 'Mack the knife'

now that mackyyyys back in townnnn

look out old mackys back

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

The Siberian breed has less protein in the dander or whatever causes most people to be allergic to cats!!

Timeline

er . . when you finish doing your rugs would you mind coming over and doing ours? Since you're already on a roll?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.