thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Remember when we all did our time lines for CDN taxes? I have an update on mine but i can't find the thread :help::bonk:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Remember when we all did our time lines for CDN taxes? I have an update on mine but i can't find the thread :help::bonk:

Here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...+taxes+timeline

Where is your Brother hiding Len, does he think when he is done with his immigration stuff he can just take off?? :blink:

Timeline

Ok - there are not three kittens - there are at least 5!!!! Last night before bed I looked outside and there were 3 black kittens and 2 black and white kittens. 2 of the black kittens are bigger than the third black one and the two black and white ones but they are obviously all from the same litter. No wonder the mother cat has been so skinny!

I rescued one of the black ones twice today (or a different black one each time). He took off this morning when I opened the door to put out their food. Normally, they have been cutting across the neighbour's yard and the kitten started that route. Today, they have a dog in the yard! The dog started barking and barking. I went over to the fence, called the dog over and hoped the kitten would retreat to safety. It didn't. So I had to let the dog go, race around to the gate and hold the dog off from the kitten who was trying to back up for the fence spitting and hissing away. He made the fence and I let the dog go. But the kitten froze and wouldn't move further than 2 inches from the fence. After 10 minutes of the dog barking furiously, I went over, threw my housecoat over the kitten who then took off and raced back to safety with momma. This afternoon, I don't know if it was the same black kitten but I heard this pitiful meowing outside the window. I have chicken wire enclosures around the base of the windows because a neighbour cat kept trying to attack our cats through the windows and this made some distance. Well, the kitten was caught in the enclosure and trying to climb the chicken wire without success. So, I reached in and grabbed a hold of him by the scruff of the neck and lifted him out. He got two teeth into my hand - not deep fortunately and I have put antibiotic ointment on the wounds - then put him down - he raced off in the wrong direction towards another dog! So, I headed him off and Momma called him so he stopped running. Phew - kittens are far too much work! I wish I could get them all safely together but it appears to be only the littlest black and white one is going to let me touch it regularly.

The other big news locally is the gas shortage. Gasoline stations all across the city are out of gas due to problems caused by Hurricane Ike. Joe and I filled up Monday so we are ok but there are people who are not able to get to work because there is no gas for them. Don't know when the shortage will be fixed - sure hope it is before I need to buy gas again.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...+taxes+timeline

merci my friend!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Timeline

I've just said goodbye to everyone I love and my Mom's cat was diagnosed with cancer this afternoon and she's crying and I feel horrible for leaving her because of her brother dying and the cat dying and her sister left and I'm leaving and she's going through so much and I took my son to see Uncle Jim and he broke down crying because UJ has deteriorated so drastically in the two weeks since he last saw him and he'll never see him alive again and I hated leaving my job and my co-workers again and it's my daughter's birthday in two weeks and it's my cousin's 40th in another two and she's moving into a brand new house and I'm missing all the little ones growing up and I hate that I'm leaving here yet again because I love it here so much and OMG I HATE this.

I think, maybe, I'll have a glass of wine. :cry:

iagree.gif

Timeline

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((krikit))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

))))))))))))))))))))

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Oh Krikit...you so need a hug! I see that Kathryn got one in before me. How about a coffee?

coffee-kittens.jpg

Then a hug? hugs-1.jpg

Maybe a group hug? yellow_smiley_hug.gif

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

oh Krikit.. i'm so so sorry.. hang in there gal..

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone.

and (F) and :luv: for krikit

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Dear Sweet Krikit,

So sorry to read about how sad the times are now for you and your family.

A glass of wine would good.

That and more love!

You know that connections are never broken with distance...they just suck like that at times.

(L) (L) (F)(L) (L)

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Timeline

Krikit, my love, hang in there! We are here for you.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Krikit, that's just awful, i'm sorry you have all this going on right now and i'm sorry for your Mom. I hope you had at least two glasses of wine.

Kathryn - I had a dream that your Father had a big dog, but he couldn't keep it so he was bringing it to you - so be on the look out for a big dog.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.