thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks guys... it was a pretty amazing chat.. i like it when bad boys are nice.. always had a soft spot for those kind of guys..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys... it was a pretty amazing chat.. i like it when bad boys are nice.. always had a soft spot for those kind of guys..

Bahaha.

I get you E.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So I just went and got my hair cut (this is not a huge ordeal as I have straight hair that I get cut straight across the bottom - although there is an art to it!)

First U.S. haircut! My hair was getting way too long, so that's all good. For some reason I didn't like being there...I felt...almost trapped, it was kind of a panicky situation. Anyway I managed to keep my cool.

Then went shopping. Do any of you ever feel that way?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So I just went and got my hair cut (this is not a huge ordeal as I have straight hair that I get cut straight across the bottom - although there is an art to it!)

First U.S. haircut! My hair was getting way too long, so that's all good. For some reason I didn't like being there...I felt...almost trapped, it was kind of a panicky situation. Anyway I managed to keep my cool.

Can you pinpoint anything that made you feel trapped? The cape around your neck? The salon atmosphere? The stylist talking about things you had no interest in?

Timeline

Can you pinpoint anything that made you feel trapped? The cape around your neck? The salon atmosphere? The stylist talking about things you had no interest in?

She absolutely was talking about nothing in particular. Didn't like the cape...that's true, the atmosphere was really nice though...bright..very clean, cool.

Timeline

She absolutely was talking about nothing in particular. Didn't like the cape...that's true, the atmosphere was really nice though...bright..very clean, cool.

I have always hated the cape. I hate tight things around my neck. I also hate being put under a dryer.

I haven't really experienced a "trapped" feeling per say, but I tend to get antsy after a while.

Timeline

I have always hated the cape. I hate tight things around my neck. I also hate being put under a dryer.

I haven't really experienced a "trapped" feeling per say, but I tend to get antsy after a while.

Do you feel anxious at all...is that what you mean when you say antsy?

Timeline

For me, it is more of a wanting it to be done so I can go. When it comes to hair- just blow dry quickly any old way and I can get home and set it the way I normally do :) Also depending on how long I have been there- it could also be the need for a cigarette.

Being a hairstylist myself- I am curious if your experience was due to the salon experience itself or something else. Did you have other things on your mind, anything you were worried about? Thinking about other things you wanted to do and just wanted to get out of there?

Edited by MissStacey

Timeline
For me, it is more of a wanting it to be done so I can go. When it comes to hair- just blow dry quickly any old way and I can get home and set it the way I normally do :) Also depending on how long I have been there- it could also be the need for a cigarette.

Being a hairstylist myself- I am curious if your experience was due to the salon experience itself or something else. Did you have other things on your mind, anything you were worried about? Thinking about other things you wanted to do and just wanted to get out of there?

Oh right, I forgot you are a hairstylist! You know, I think it was just me, I don't even think it was anything in particular - prob just some kind of anxiety thing for pretty much no good reason :lol:

The hairstylist even said nice stuff about my hair :lol:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I enjoy getting my hair done but no longer trust my stylist. He has given me two AWFUL (and I mean mullet-like) haircuts and one bad cut for the bf on his first visit to Vancouver.

I am desperately anxious when I walk in the salon now because the bf still gets his hair cut there (by another stylist that he loves) and I have to make small talk with my stylist who I haven't seen in a while but is probably wondering why I haven't made an appointment to see him. In fact, we're going there tomorrow night and I'm nervous.

MissStacey -- how do I deal with this awkwardness? How would you feel?

Our teeny timeline:

Jan 23 '08 ~ met online

Mar '08 ~ 1st visit to Vancouver

May '08 ~ 2nd visit to Vancouver

Jun 08 ~ plans to move to the west coast!

Aug 8 08 ~ he moves to Bellingham

current ~ many trips back and forth across the border...

Timeline

Oh right, I forgot you are a hairstylist! You know, I think it was just me, I don't even think it was anything in particular - prob just some kind of anxiety thing for pretty much no good reason :lol:

The hairstylist even said nice stuff about my hair :lol:

OH man.. i didn't know that.. do you travel? *sigh.. i miss my hairdresser back home :(

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

sometimes the opinions of some individuals around here really surprise me.. Why is that? *sigh

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Tell me about it! I usually get comfortable with a hairdresser and then stay with them for a long time. I've been to a new hairdresser twice now and she seemed to be pretty good. I tried to make an appointment for my hair and makeup to be done on my wedding day and she said she would get back to me. She never did and now I can't get a hold of her. Anyhow, I had to do something so I decided to go to the Cosmetology Academy across the street. I really hope that was a good idea! The bride that I saw walking out of there last Saturday looked pretty great, so I'm really hoping so!

Have you guys noticed how much less expensive going to the hairdresser or getting a mani/pedi is here? I can't get over it!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

People on VJ in general E? Or in the Canada Forum?

I think I know what you mean. I kind of expect most people on here to think like I do, maybe it's cause we're all going through or have been through something similar. I've learned quickly that's not the case. Thus, the reason I NEVER post in OT. I occasionally read it but even then, I'm shocked and surprised at a lot of things I find in there!

October 2006- Met Taktyx playing the World of Warcraft

I-129F

September 26, 2007- I-129F Package sent by courier to CSC

September 28, 2007- Received at CSC

October 29, 2007- NOA1 hardcopy arrives!

February 5, 2008- NOA2!

April 23, 2008- Medical

April 22, 2008- Interview!

April 26, 2008- POE Edmonton

June 5, 2008- Legal wedding

October 11, 2008- Wedding ceremony with family

AOS

December 6, 2008- AOS package mailed

December 8, 2008- Package received

December 15, 2008- Check cashed! WOOHOO!

December 22, 2008- All 3 NOA1's received

January 5, 2009- I-485 transferred to CSC. Here's hoping for no interview!

January 14, 2009- Biometrics

February 23, 2009- EAD and AP received in the mail, dated Feb 14th.

April 23, 2009- Welcome to the United States Letter arrives. Card to follow.

June 1, 2009- GC received in mail. Approval date 04/09/09

Done with USCIS until 04/2011!

Timeline
Have you guys noticed how much less expensive going to the hairdresser or getting a mani/pedi is here? I can't get over it!

:no: not here.. nope nope.. it's just as expensive if not more to go to a salon here as back home..

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.