thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Emancipation-Have you always had migraines? For the last 6 months I have been suffering from terrible headaches that seem to be caused by anxiety, stress or lack of sleep. T hey are often right above or around my eye sockets which makes me feel like someone has punched me in the eye. I still have not yet gone to the doctors (i know!) but am planning to.

:no: I've just had these since moving to the US.. they are usually at the base of my neck and then float to the front of my head, seem to come in waves, and I can barely see, or stand noise or light. I feel sick to my stomach as well. I once had a stress migraine though - had a very very bad evaluation at work (a misunderstanding) and the meeting didn't resolve itself on one day, so I went home from work and had one.. it was horrible. These seem to be weather related, things were very unsettled here yesterday and as the weather changed, so did the intensity of my migraines. I'm not sure what it is about this place - it's coastal like my home etc. bah.. anyway, i have a Dr's appointment (the earliest new patient apt. I could get) in Dec, so i hope to ask him about it then :P

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline

Holy crapola...December???? That is crazy. I never had a headache in my life, in all honesty, since moving here to NJ. I've always had anxiety but never a headache to go along with it. The ones that I get are incredibly painful and there are some weeks where I just can't seem to shake them!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
Holy crapola...December???? That is crazy. I never had a headache in my life, in all honesty, since moving here to NJ. I've always had anxiety but never a headache to go along with it. The ones that I get are incredibly painful and there are some weeks where I just can't seem to shake them!

Ugh.. yep might be time to see a Dr. for you - just to get some drugs that might help.. UGH.. i have TMJ as well (so I clench my teeth, and perhaps I've worn out my jaw a bit).. I believe there's a condition that if you clench enough you wear out the socket and it presses against a vein back there causing headaches? I dunno i read about it some where in a book :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Ugh.. yep might be time to see a Dr. for you - just to get some drugs that might help.. UGH.. i have TMJ as well (so I clench my teeth, and perhaps I've worn out my jaw a bit).. I believe there's a condition that if you clench enough you wear out the socket and it presses against a vein back there causing headaches? I dunno i read about it some where in a book :)

That is great insight! That actually may have something to do with my problem. My mum told me the first thing I should do is get an eye exam to make sure my eyes are alright and to check the pressure.

I'm pretty sure I've got a few cavities too so that is making it worse at the moment haha I haven't seen a dentist in 3 years.

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

That is great insight! That actually may have something to do with my problem. My mum told me the first thing I should do is get an eye exam to make sure my eyes are alright and to check the pressure.

I'm pretty sure I've got a few cavities too so that is making it worse at the moment haha I haven't seen a dentist in 3 years.

Just chatted with a friend who suffers from chronic migraines.. before I left Canada I had been taking Calcium/Magnesium supplements but haven't been able to find the same vitamins here in the US so I stopped taking them - ANYWAY, she said taking magnesium every day does help - so perhaps that's one of the reasons they have come to haunt me, a lack of magnesium. :) So.. off to the vitamin store we go!

Lol.. yep it's time you saw your friendly Dentist :) Remember only you can prevent periodontal disease :wacko:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

haha I have nice looking teeth but it is all a sham!! I have every tooth filled, some more than once, and I believe the one that is hurting me now will be due for a root canal. The funny thing is, is that I got my first cavity at like 6. I always had soft teeth even though I do brush. Maybe I ate too many sweets as a kid, who knows..;)

The dentist is one of my biggest enemies in life since I have suffered so much. A few years ago I was in terrible pain and had to go in for an emergency appointment. I had TEN cavities. 5 on each side. The dental gods do not like me.

Ill have to see if magnesium helps me. That is not a bad idea. Worth a shot!

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline

PS My friend warned me that it takes a bit of time to build up in one's system.. so make sure you give it a month or two for results :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
haha I have nice looking teeth but it is all a sham!! I have every tooth filled, some more than once, and I believe the one that is hurting me now will be due for a root canal. The funny thing is, is that I got my first cavity at like 6. I always had soft teeth even though I do brush. Maybe I ate too many sweets as a kid, who knows..;)

The dentist is one of my biggest enemies in life since I have suffered so much. A few years ago I was in terrible pain and had to go in for an emergency appointment. I had TEN cavities. 5 on each side. The dental gods do not like me.

Ouch... i am blessed to have decent teeth.. 10 cavities - have you looked that up? it could be a world record. :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You and me both sister! I have the worst teeth. I had so many cavities as a kid and into my adult years. I've always brushed religiously but nothing seems to help. This past year - I had to have two root canals. Those tooth aches were the worst pain of my life. The root canals themselves were fine. It was such a relief to have them done.

I just might try the magnesium as well, cause that might also explain my headaches.

:lol: - I just read this and it reminded me of my grams talking about her ailments.

Timeline

Catty-explain to me how they did your root canals. I'm always afraid of eventually having to get them.

:lol: Well then I guess we have to be grannies for a day cause I got a long list of s*it with my body I could complain about. I'm sure we all do. I had knee surgery at 16. I feel like I'm going to have to get my hip replaced on the same side as my bad knee. too many sports!

My eyes filled with grit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The root canals were a two part process: (1) drilling into the tooth and taking out the roots (sounds much worse than it is) and (2) filling the empty root canals with this rubber stuff and closing back up the tooth, if needed (3) doing a crown on the tooth.

Worst part is the needles to freeze the area around the tooth. After the first needle though, you really don't feel anything. Once the tooth is frozen, you hear them drilling into your tooth. Somehow they extract the root, I don't know what they use to do this. You take some antibiotics for a week or so (if needed) and then they will fill back up the tooth with rubber stuff. Close with a filling on top or a crown.

That's it. Took about 1-2 hours.

:lol: I was thinking this year, that my knees and hips are horrible too. What the heck, I'm not even close to my 60's - I thought that is when things are supposed to starting failing. I'm gonna be in a wheelchair by 40.

Catty-explain to me how they did your root canals. I'm always afraid of eventually having to get them.

:lol: Well then I guess we have to be grannies for a day cause I got a long list of s*it with my body I could complain about. I'm sure we all do. I had knee surgery at 16. I feel like I'm going to have to get my hip replaced on the same side as my bad knee. too many sports!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

YAY, I just finally paid for hubby's school for this semester... don't have to worry about that for another few months... :dance:

and hopefully his work is going to reimburse the money we spent at the end of the term.. hubby has to get at least a B in all his classes... which shouldn't be a problem for him... he has gotten A and B's in all his other classes he has taken so far...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

tee hee.. hubby's situation was similar - he had no problems with it at all.. no pain meds either to speak of after the actual root canal was completed (although the dentist said there wasn't much living in that area anyway). We thankfully have a Dr. that would allow us to pay in installment plans.

The root Canal surgery cost $300.00 (after insurance) and the crown cost us $600 (after insurance).. bah.

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

tee hee.. hubby's situation was similar - he had no problems with it at all.. no pain meds either to speak of after the actual root canal was completed (although the dentist said there wasn't much living in that area anyway). We thankfully have a Dr. that would allow us to pay in installment plans.

The root Canal surgery cost $300.00 (after insurance) and the crown cost us $600 (after insurance).. bah.

Ha! So funny you guys are talking about this today...I just woke up with the worst toothache! I've only been in the states 5 days, no insurance...and I know it's a stupid wisdom tooth that has been surfaced for years and should have been pulled. It's infected and it's spreading down the side of my throat. With no insurance I think I'm just going to wait it out....have a doctor friend here, maybe he can hook me up with drugs for the time being. Oh and I'm one of those with like 18 filled cavities from when I was a kid! But my teeth are white and straight, gotta love braces!

Valerie and Justin

Met in Vegas- 4/29/06

Engaged- 1/11/08

Married- 10/3/2008

AOS/EAD/SSN Process

Sent I-485 and I-765- 10/20/08

I-485 and I-765 Delivered in Chicago- 10/22/08

Registered for SSN- 10/23/08

Check Cashed- 10/28/08

Received REJECTION NOTICE for EAD I-765 (Outdated Version of Form)- 10/29/08

Received I-485 NOA 1- 10/30/2008

I-485 NOA 1- 10/27/2008

Sent I-765 AGAIN with updated form- 10/30/2008

NEW I-765 Delivered in Chicago- 11/1/2008

Received Biometrics Notification for AOS- 11/3/2008

AOS Biometrics Appointment- 11/18/2008

Received I-765 NOA 1- 11/13/2008

I-765 NOA 1- 11/7/2008

Received RFE for I-485- 11/14/2008

Sent requested form from RFE- 11/17/2008

Received Biometrics Notification for EAD- 11/17/2008

AOS & EAD Touched by USCIS- 11/18/2008

AOS & EAD Biometrics Completed- 11/18/2008

RFE Delivered in Lee's Summitt- 11/19/2008

Received notification that SSN was approved- 12/7/2008 (Should receive card in two weeks)

Received SSN Card- 12/13/2008

Received AOS Interview Date- 1/2/2009

AOS Interview Date- 2/24/2009

Received notification that I-765 EAD Card was sent for production- 1/12/2009

EAD RECEIVED!!!- 1/23/2009

AOS APPROVED!!! GREEN CARD IS ON THE WAY!!!- 2/24/2009

Received "Welcome to the United States" Letter- 2/28/2009

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!!!- 3/9/2009

Timeline

Thanks for the info. :thumbs: I was led to believe that RC were very painful but I think with new technology it isn't so bad. Needles in the mouth are never fun but I've had them so many times it doesn't bother me much any more.

Such is life I guess. Some of us were born with poor teeth, and others something else! My husband seems to think I'm going to need dentures by the time I'm 40. haha It makes me SO mad when he says it.

Edited by thetreble

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.