thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my first day of work went good besides the fact that it took me about 50 minutes to get there because of all the traffic.... it only took me about 25 minutes to get home...

I think this family will be really nice to work for...

they said I could make a list of some things I like to eat and they will keep them stocked for me and they also said they would leave some cash if I wanted to take the kids out somewhere...

I didn't get the full experience today because the grandma came over, I think to check me out... anyways she basically took care of the older one and took him out for most of the day... the baby is a great baby but he likes to be carried around and my arm is killing me now...

oh and they are going to pay me $9/hour and they are going to pay me weekly...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
:dance: :dance: So happy for you Marilyn!!! terrific news!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

i was a little ticked when I got home..

my hubby had called me earlier and told me that he had been home for an hour already and was wondering when I was coming home....

anyways I walk in the door and there he is warming up a bowl of canned soup for himself ..I said you didn't make anything for me?? his defense was that he didn't know what I wanted and I said I never know what you want but I make something... and he said I will make you something and started rattling off things he could make like a sandwich, soup etc and I said I wanted a meal because I hadn't really gotten a chance to eat much today...

he ended up giving me his soup and warmed up a hot pocket for me :P.. it was ok but not what I wanted ....

maybe I should get stuff ready for him that he can just throw together easily....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

my hubby had called me earlier and told me that he had been home for an hour already and was wondering when I was coming home....

anyways I walk in the door and there he is warming up a bowl of canned soup for himself ..I said you didn't make anything for me?? his defense was that he didn't know what I wanted and I said I never know what you want but I make something... and he said I will make you something and started rattling off things he could make like a sandwich, soup etc and I said I wanted a meal because I hadn't really gotten a chance to eat much today...

he ended up giving me his soup and warmed up a hot pocket for me :P.. it was ok but not what I wanted ....

maybe I should get stuff ready for him that he can just throw together easily....

UGH... that's a let down Marilyn.. I wish sometimes guys were a little more "in tune"... perhaps ordered take out .. or pulled out the stops at trying (even if a dismal failure) a decent meal. Yeah.. it sounds like crock pot is going to be your BFF for the next bit :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

UGH... that's a let down Marilyn.. I wish sometimes guys were a little more "in tune"... perhaps ordered take out .. or pulled out the stops at trying (even if a dismal failure) a decent meal. Yeah.. it sounds like crock pot is going to be your BFF for the next bit :)

yeah it was a let down... I was hoping to be surprised with a meal when I walked in the door... I always make him a meal every day during the week,, maybe one night a week we have something simple like hot dogs but the other nights I always make something good... I would even have been happy if he would have made hot dogs.. I just wanted him to show some initiative.. is that so much to ask?? :P:lol:

yeah I just need to get a better crock pot, mine doesn't work right....

oh when I came in the door and saw him warming the soup he asks me, did you have something in mind for dinner?? :lol:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I don't think he has cotton on to the idea yet that you too, are working:-). Maybe it should be first one home is responsible for making the meal?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I don't think he has cotton on to the idea yet that you too, are working:-). Maybe it should be first one home is responsible for making the meal?

yeah that is a good idea... :thumbs:

I can't imagine what it would be like if I was working full time.. he would realize how much I do for him :P which of course I love doing for him ...:) but you know what I mean...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good Morning!

Spirit should enjoy the coffee this morning! I'm so glad your first day of work went well Marilyn! It's been beautiful here for the last week or so. I've had all our windows open, and at night it's been heavenly to sleep. Enjoy your day!

boat.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
I can't imagine what it would be like if I was working full time.. he would realize how much I do for him :P which of course I love doing for him ...:) but you know what I mean...

:yes:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good Morning!

Spirit should enjoy the coffee this morning! I'm so glad your first day of work went well Marilyn! It's been beautiful here for the last week or so. I've had all our windows open, and at night it's been heavenly to sleep. Enjoy your day!

Good morning all. That coffee looks so good Carla, not at all like the coffee I am drinking out of my Tim Horton's travel mug this morning :lol: - which is good too!

So what are you temperatures like now Carla? Still hot hot here, at least it is overcast this morning, so rather pleasant - even with the central airconditioning on full last night I found it too hot.

Good Morning!

Good morning all. That coffee looks so good Carla, not at all like the coffee I am drinking out of my Tim Horton's travel mug this morning :lol: - which is good too!

So what are you temperatures like now Carla? Still hot hot here, at least it is overcast this morning, so rather pleasant - even with the central airconditioning on full last night I found it too hot.

Good morning trailmix! I have a few of those Tim's travel mugs, but they are a bit bashed up. I'm going to have to get a few new ones when I'm there again. It reminds me of a story of my gf that loves Tim's coffee. Her husband got her those giant ones that hold a hold pot for a Christmas present. She was SO excited! After Christmas she was going to see her brother in Calgary, so was armed with a whole giant travel mug of coffee. Alas, she couldn't drink from it unless she was at a stoplight or pulled over! :o It was so big that when she brought it to her mouth, it was bigger than her head and completely obliterated her ability to see the road! :o:lol: I laughed and laughed when she told me the story.

Anyway :hehe: temperatures... It's been like 11 during the night and about 23 and sunny during the day, with no humidity!! It's wonderful! I love sleeping when the air around me is so cool. I can be warm and snuggled under the covers which are up to my neck, and my face is outside the covers breathing the cooling breezes that surround me. mmmmmmm how dreamy! The days are so nice and inviting of doing things outdoors. I love spring and fall here in St. Louis.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good Morning!

boat.jpg

now that's a neat cup of coffee!

good morning everyone. i wonder how krikit is doing on her trip.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Good Morning!

now that's a neat cup of coffee!

good morning everyone. i wonder how krikit is doing on her trip.

We don't know because she isn't talking to us, she is surrounded by.....Canadians!!

Wow that sounds nice Carla, i'm really looking forward to winter here.

Edited by trailmix

Good Morning!

boat.jpg

Oops, i've been in and out this morning.

I do, I do love this one Carla!

WOW!!!

Thank you. (L)

Maybe I will try to make this at home...bahahaha.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.