thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Oh, holy #######. I've just been asked if I could come to work for a few weeks at my old job. They want me to start next week. That doesn't give me a whole heckofalotta time to get ready and go. I'll tell them not until the week after.

But this is great! My uncle has been recently diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer.... meaning it has spread to other areas of his body.... the vital organs.... so there's not much hope. (He's the one I mentioned was sick but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.) So, anyway, my Aunt and Uncle and Cousin from BC are flying in, and there's a big party next weekend for him. So I was planning on going to that, anyway, but now I get to earn some money while I'm there. :dance: Plus, it will be great seeing everyone again.

OMG!!! How am I going to lose 20 lbs by next week?!!!!! :o

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS!!!!1!!1

But if I do end up getting the 10 year card instead of the 2 (our second anniversary has passed so here's hoping)- then this will most definitely be all worth it. :)

NICE!!!! That will definitely be worth it. I'm quite annoyed that I have do even go through all that again. stupid immigration.

I'm so sorry to read of your uncle, Krikit.

So sad.

Edited by SpiritAlight

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh Krikit.. so sorry to hear about your Uncle... take care of each other..

And.. I hear you on the lose 20 lbs bit.. HOW I wish i could shed a few lbs before returning to PEI.. i have visions of my friends saying behind my back "ohhhh look how she's let herself go".... :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

WOW!! That is so exciting!! I'm thinking that while you are there there may be discussion about some kind of telecommuting type situation for the krikit!?!?

20 lbs smenny pounds - don't even worry about it :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning, Charles. Thank you for thanking us. There really is very little thanking which goes on on this board, don't you think? I see more of it in the Regional Forums than the other forums, though, so I guess I'll be happy with that.

i learned some manners in the canadian ot thread :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Good morning, Charles. Thank you for thanking us. There really is very little thanking which goes on on this board, don't you think? I see more of it in the Regional Forums than the other forums, though, so I guess I'll be happy with that.

Good boy, gotta have some good manners if you want to teach Benjamin, ahem, I mean your kid :P

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good boy, gotta have some good manners if you want to teach Benjamin, ahem, I mean your kid :P

As you know Charles, my Father's name is Charles...my Grandfather's name is Benjamin...maybe we really are related!?!?

What's the deal with the twenty pounds?

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Timeline

Thanks guys. It's very sad.

And.. I hear you on the lose 20 lbs bit.. HOW I wish i could shed a few lbs before returning to PEI.. i have visions of my friends saying behind my back "ohhhh look how she's let herself go".... :(

That's exactly what I think! :rofl:

WOW!! That is so exciting!! I'm thinking that while you are there there may be discussion about some kind of telecommuting type situation for the krikit!?!?

That'd be cool. Can't imagine what it could entail, but, yeah... that'd be cool.

Excellent! Soon we will rule the world. *rubs hands gleefully*

iagree.gif

As you know Charles, my Father's name is Charles...my Grandfather's name is Benjamin...maybe we really are related!?!?

Oh. That's pretty weird. But maybe not as weird as my cousin in England naming his son THE EXACT SAME NAME AS MY SON!!! :angry: I kid you not. First name. Middle name. Exactly the same. :blink:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Of course I always hear them in my head speaking in a Margaret accent (from Bob & Margaret).. :lol:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh, holy #######. I've just been asked if I could come to work for a few weeks at my old job. They want me to start next week. That doesn't give me a whole heckofalotta time to get ready and go. I'll tell them not until the week after.

But this is great! My uncle has been recently diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer.... meaning it has spread to other areas of his body.... the vital organs.... so there's not much hope. (He's the one I mentioned was sick but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.) So, anyway, my Aunt and Uncle and Cousin from BC are flying in, and there's a big party next weekend for him. So I was planning on going to that, anyway, but now I get to earn some money while I'm there. :dance: Plus, it will be great seeing everyone again.

OMG!!! How am I going to lose 20 lbs by next week?!!!!! :o

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSS!!!!1!!1

But if I do end up getting the 10 year card instead of the 2 (our second anniversary has passed so here's hoping)- then this will most definitely be all worth it. :)

NICE!!!! That will definitely be worth it. I'm quite annoyed that I have do even go through all that again. stupid immigration.

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. I'm sure he will love his party!!

Oh. That's pretty weird. But maybe not as weird as my cousin in England naming his son THE EXACT SAME NAME AS MY SON!!! :angry: I kid you not. First name. Middle name. Exactly the same. :blink:

Really?

Of course I always hear them in my head speaking in a Margaret accent (from Bob & Margaret).. :lol:

:lol:

I had to go and youtoob that because I'd never seen it before.

Really?

Seriously! And it's not as if it's even a common name.... Kieran Jon. Nobody speaks to that cousin, anyway. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

:lol:

I had to go and youtoob that because I'd never seen it before.

Really?? oh man I love that show.. uber funny... a cartoon but not for your kids :)

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

So I would just like to complain that I was pounced on by two individuals in two different threads over in the UK forum. Both of them were stupid American, though. Not British.

Where are they.. we'll go give 'em a piece of CDN "justice" :)

yeah we need a link :devil:

yeah, where's the link???????????

So I would just like to complain that I was pounced on by two individuals in two different threads over in the UK forum. Both of them were stupid American, though. Not British.

Where are they.. we'll go give 'em a piece of CDN "justice" :)

yeah we need a link :devil:

yeah, where's the link???????????

Here

and

Here

I told you to keep an eye on that thread! :bonk:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.