thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

I'll just change the channel for a moment:

check this out

http://www.tallshipwindy.com/

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Ugh..... I went to the dentist today... he did a lot of drilling and i feel like someone kicked me in the mouth.. so much pain.. it's going to hurt so bad to put my mouthguard in tonite.. Bah.. THankfully this trip didn't cost a penny.. he did all the "free stuff" today - there's still a couple of hundred dollars in co-pays for my "fillings" to do.. secret coding for filling up my molars, but they code them as fillings so they can run it through insurance..

Sounds like a nice dentist, even if he likes to drill. :thumbs:

Sorry you're not feeling well :(

:luv: awe thanks.. i actually am feeling much better this am.. things seem to have settled down.. took me a LONG time to fall asleep last night..

Anyone hear from Krikit this am? HALOO Florida CDNs.. you okay?

check this out

ooooooh... you know what? I always wanted to learn to sail... missed out on a great opportunity when I was young.. you could sign up for a couple months duty on board one of these beauties and learn to sail & travel.. coulda shoulda woulda!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

this summer we went out on a sailing in Newport RI. Was only for like 3 hours, but was a fun time. The beer went down very nicely! Was a beautiful sailing boat!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hmph. My internet access just went down on me and we're getting lots of brownouts. The storm is intensifying here. I'm shutting down now. :(

Ciao

hope you're doing well.

all quiet in virginia today.

and the coffee is on

newpot-sm.jpg

This huge Coffee Pot was built in 1927 and was once a lunch stand. It is one of Five Giant Coffee Pots left in the United States. It started to deteriorate over the years, but since it's restoration it is quickly becoming a favorite tourist attraction in Bedford County again. You can find it at the Bedford County Fairgrounds.

link

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
This huge Coffee Pot was built in 1927 and was once a lunch stand. It is one of Five Giant Coffee Pots left in the United States. It started to deteriorate over the years, but since it's restoration it is quickly becoming a favorite tourist attraction in Bedford County again. You can find it at the Bedford County Fairgrounds.

Coffee with a story, I like that :thumbs:

Well today in Florida we have - rain. It hasn't stopped raining for about 2 and a half days, I mean it just rains alllll day and alllll night (well I assume it rains all night, I haven't personally stayed up all night to double check).

We live in a ground floor apartment - the floor is wet in places (bedroom, living room), the wall is wet in places (bedroom and bedroom closet areas). Sometimes when it rains there is a wet patch in front of the patio doors, i've wondered about that and thought oh maybe it's condensation over night or something (from the patio doors) - then I decided it was water coming up through the floor some how - because it is dry all around the wet area.

Then again, I am not a builder, nor a leaky building expert :lol:

So I was going to take pictures to send to the realtor who leased us the place, just so he can let the owner know, I don't actually expect them to do anything about it - but now I can't get my flash to work on my camera, will have to drag out the instructions, I think I turned it off at some point.

Timeline

Well since I took pictures for the realtor and since you guys are probably thinking...Hey Trailmix, what's with the exciting rain story with NO PICTURES!! Here they are:

Bedroom wall, there was a lot more on there last night, but I couldn't be bothered taking the picture then haha.

bedroom_large_wall.jpg

Bedroom Closet Wall

bedroomcloset_wall.jpg

Bedroom Closet Floor

bedroomcloset_floor.jpg

Living room floor

living_room_floor.jpg

uh Trailmix, those are weird spots to be wet from the rain!

Must be crawling up the walls from the ground somehow.... :blink:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

why, so much rain! on the bright side, ur only renting! And i disagree with the experts--black mold is good for ya!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Having the name of a state and living in the united states has turned out to be a cruel joke.

well at least I don't live in the state...thats the bright side.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Timeline

Whooo hoooo! That was some storm! :dance: Woke up to more rain this morning, but it's tapered off to sprinkles now. It's rained non-stop here since Monday. I'm dying to get out of the house and had planned on going shopping in Sanford (that's closer to where Trailmix lives) but the road to get there is flooded.

So. Yesterday was the worst of the storm. It was craziness. The wind was blowing, the rain was coming down sideways in sheets, we literally had a lake and a fast-flowing river in our yard. My husband was trying to get home last night and said it was terrible. Something hit one of the hydro wires, or one of the hydro wires snapped, because he heard a loud pop, and saw sparks flying everywhere. The bad news is that it didn't occur to me to take pictures until the last minute, so the batteries on my camera died before I could get any good ones. But this is what I got:

You can see the little river just starting to form in the grass and the wind blowing through the trees across the street. Didn't manage to get a good pic of the wind, though. :(

HPIM0424.jpg

I was trying to get a pic of how heavy the rain was, here, but it didn't quite work out.

HPIM0427.jpg

This kind of captures the wind.

HPIM0428.jpg

It's not over yet, though. I see another band of red on the radar heading our way. Trailmix, your landlord has serious problems. :o

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Bedroom Closet Wall

bedroomcloset_wall.jpg

you've got a problem here. and in the other pics i see wall sockets on the affected area.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx/?news=327877&GT1=28103

Apparently bad jokes can endanger the teller.

But the person doing the study asked people:

"What did the big chimney say to the little chimney?

"Nothing, chimneys can't talk."

And then recieved mean glares, or insults.

I must be sooo immature because I laughed out loud to that at my desk making my coworkers wonder what I'm up to. :lol:

I wanted to share the joke with them but based on the study, I really shouldn't. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

check this out

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by...

We now return you to our regularly scheduled program already in progress. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.