Now that is what I'm talking aboot! :thumbs:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Put the house up for sale today. crossing fingers for a quick sale!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck Cassie with the selling, my parents just put theres up they want to down size, well sorta like going from one with 4 floors too one with maybe a 1 plus the basement.

Well my son pulled at his tooth all day, he even used floss to try and saw it off from under the tooth itself. That dang tooth did not want to come out. I pulled at it got my nail under the edge of the tooth and tried to pull it out but no luck. So after telling him repeatedly to go ask his brother cause he could get it he finaly got the nerve and asked him.

Well my oldest is pretty good at ripping teeth out of him mouth and his sisters, so he has plenty of pratice. Withing 5 mins if that the tooth is out. Blood is every where that dang tooth is huge I dont know what the dentist saw in those x-rays but man that tooth still had roots well that what it looks like to me anyways.

So now the rest of his teeth can move back into place that god most are still baby teeth.

PS.. can you tell i'm bored heheh

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Good Morning,

Sorry to hear about the fuel consumption.

Oops, and needed to be done.

You could get some rollerblades, or a bicycle...

just a thought.

Hee, hee.

Well, that avatar is terrific Len.

Why do you need Flames to love it?!

:unsure:

I haven't read too much as I am in Vancouver and totally immersed in the realm of refilling my starved soul.

Ha!

Ah yes, it is part of the journey that will take me back to a land of much noisy energy, and I need to learn to keep spreading the love and not take on anything negative.

I have a question, and I will put it in its own thread.

Please respond...if you feel like it.

Love & Light to All of You!

:star:

Reading the part about refilling your starved soul makes me miss the mountains.

When ever I needed a break from life- taking off for a few days to Jasper was always a sanity saver for me. I don't have a place like that here for me- nor am I in a position anymore that I have that luxury of just hopping in the car and taking off for a few days. Sigh.

I have been so frustrated with life lately. I am seriously lacking something inside myself and I'm not sure what it is.

Hmmmm, oh MissStacey, I hear you completely.

Although there is some cool stuff to see and do in our "new" lives in our "new" cities, it is something that unless your heart aches for it, one cannot explain it to another.

Hiking a mountain for example.

Or needing to jump in the Pacific naked, and feel the sun and water on all parts of one's skin.

Hee, hee.

Or the conversation and the quiet time between close friends that is the comfort zone, the sanity, the oasis in the chaos that is this Western world.

Yes, we all created it and keep feeding it.

Well, I for one really need to stay present.

I really need to not buy into what the general populace is trying to cram down my throat.

They can eat it and I will abstain.

Consumerism, entertainment, etc etc etc...

I do not care for any of it.

Not stuff, not shows...I do not need to be entertained.

My mind entertains me to no end.

All I want is harmony, joy, love and passion.

That fire in the belly that tells you you are where you need to be.

Joy.

Simple.

And challenging.

You know what I mean, jelly bean(s)?

I love life and I am life.

Time to remember that and never fall into victim mode or any other disabling mentality.

Expletives here!

Go after what you need in life like you have but a moment left to live.

Question: "What would you do if you knew you could not fail?"

(No need to answer to me nor anyone else. This is for you alone.)

:star: :star: :star:

How is that cocktail??

Hee, hee.

I want/need to write and write and write...my journal is almost done.

Time to buy a new one.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Good morning. Hope everyone finds what they're looking for today!

Good morning.

I like that!

Thanks Carlawarla.

And may the sun be shining down on all...not too hot on those with sensitive skin.

Hee, hee.

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What I need to find today is a house to live in :lol:

So I see an ad on craigslist for a house and I email the guy....this is the reply I got this morning....dweeb :lol: :

Hello,

It is a great pleasure that you are interested in my house and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am Rev John T Gravett the owner of the house you are making inquiry of.Actually I resided in the house with my family before, and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my church and i am on a missionary to West Africa and presently my house is still available for rent for $900 USD including the utilities like hydro,washer and security.Pls i want you to note that i am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,i want you to keep it tidy all the time .I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. You can reach me on +234-802-425-1674 or 011-+234-802-425-1674.

Timeline

So I see an ad on craigslist for a house and I email the guy....this is the reply I got this morning....dweeb :lol: :

Hello,

It is a great pleasure that you are interested in my house and it is my gladness to hearing from you.I am Rev John T Gravett the owner of the house you are making inquiry of.Actually I resided in the house with my family before, and presently we had packed due to my transfer from my church and i am on a missionary to West Africa and presently my house is still available for rent for $900 USD including the utilities like hydro,washer and security.Pls i want you to note that i am a kind and honest man and also i spent a lot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,i want you to keep it tidy all the time .I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word. You can reach me on +234-802-425-1674 or 011-+234-802-425-1674.

:lol: Trailmix - sounds like you found THE ONE! :lol:

Hello,

I'm confused. :blink: Why is he a dweeb? Because you're supposed to contact him in West Africa? I don't get it! :crying:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Hello,

I'm confused. :blink: Why is he a dweeb? Because you're supposed to contact him in West Africa? I don't get it! :crying:

Exactly :thumbs: It's a scam.

When he wrote me back he gave me the address - which I googled - turns out it is a legit rental - but at $1495.00 not $900

http://www.rentals.com/Home-Rentals/Displa...ngNumber=795351

I reported the craigslist posting to them...they have already taken it down.

Edited by trailmix

Hello,

Exactly :thumbs: It's a scam.

When he wrote me back he gave me the address - which I googled - turns out it is a legit rental - but at $1495.00 not $900

http://www.rentals.com/Home-Rentals/Displa...ngNumber=795351

I reported the craigslist posting to them...they have already taken it down.

Well, duh! You're one smart lady there trailmix! :thumbs: I didn't understand the situation but glad you found out. The owners of the place right now might be interested to note it's part of his scam as well!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Morningzzzzz everyone.

Trailmix, seems you are still busy house hunting --- that is so exciting! :dance: And also good you are smart cookie and did not fall for Reverend Scam :angry::angry::angry: --- just remember you promised to find a house with a room for yours truly, eh? :blush:

Does the crawlspace qualify as a room? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Morningzzzzz everyone.

Trailmix, seems you are still busy house hunting --- that is so exciting! :dance: And also good you are smart cookie and did not fall for Reverend Scam :angry::angry::angry: --- just remember you promised to find a house with a room for yours truly, eh? :blush:

Does the crawlspace qualify as a room? :lol:

Yes it does! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.