thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am getting the moving itch a few months early.

I went through my closet today and threw out a whole lot of stuff. Four garbage bags to goodwill and one bag of suits and shoes to the women's shelter. I left just enough clothing to get me through the next 8 weeks of work. It felt good to let go of some of that stuff. I've been hanging onto it for a couple years saying - I'll wear that next week.

Now its just to resist the temptation to buy new stuff to fill the closet again.

PS: After nagging hubby last week for a couple hours about how he never throws anything out, I figured I should listen to my own advice.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good Morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Love the pictures Karen!! We had a great float trip. The weather was oh so hot! But the beautiful cold water sure cured any heat. Amazing scenery. Less than an hour away, but it was like being in another world. Have a pic here I'll post with morning coffee to view.

800pxa_small_cup_of_coffee.jpgIMG_0065.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh how beautiful Carla!! That looks amazing!! Beautiful to see this am.. I'm soooooo needing a ride down a beautiful river today! :)

Had a decent weekend.. drove all over tarnation for an out of town guest. THat was exhausting, but I shouldn't complain as I loved having company.. but honestly.. touring around with a camera wielding tourist friend can be quite exhausting!

Karen Beautiful pictures!! You are just gorgeous girl!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Carla, so glad you had a good time, the picture is beautiful!

Emancipation - people should use the word 'tarnation' more often, you never hear it anymore really do you!! :lol:

^^^^I was just thinking that too!

Seeing the water in your pic reminded me about our week...Joel took me on my first ever seadoo ride. His parents have a camp (more like a vacation house) at Lake George, in between Tusket and Pubnico NS. We spent a couple nights there...oh my was it ever nice to wake up to peace and quiet at the lake! The weather was sooo nice. It does get hot up there, but the humidity is nothing like it is here in Georgia. THAT is one thing I certainly didn't miss!!!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

So My Bridal Shower is Saturday!!!! It's going to be so awkward b/c there's apparently 40 women coming of which I only know about 10!!!

Sigh.. what do you do when that happens??

Oh, and I basically finished working on my programs for the church (well, really the 1 program! =)

I've got to make the other 99!

And then there's the table number cards, the seating chart (we have 110 confirmed) and about 100 invitations that have had NO RESPONSES!

that really is a new pet peeve of mine!

IF THERE'S A STAMP ON IT, REALLY, HOW MUCH EASIER CAN IT BE MADE FOR YOU!

(sorry if this is turning into a vent)..

so ya, seating chart, place cards, wrap all the gifts, flower girl gift, best man gift, 2 groomsmen, 3 ushers...

MY PARENTS!

WOW.

SO MUCH TO DO!

But my bachelorette party is aug 16 (the week before the wedding) and from that day on, til after the honeymoon, I'M OFF WORK!

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Is it just my imagination or are people starting to take swipes at other people in the Canada forum? :huh:

was it me Trailmix? I couldn't hold my tongue the other day.. HAD to say SOMETHING

Emancipation - people should use the word 'tarnation' more often, you never hear it anymore really do you!! :lol:

:blush: Didn't realize i was resurrecting an old saying :) tee hee.. I do love that word though :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Karen -- love the pics!!!! :)

Lost 3.5 pounds this week!!! YAY!

Working on getting our house ready to stage to be sold -- booooooo!

The Closer starts again tonight, and Psych starts again on Friday -- YAY!!!!!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I'm so thankful for how kind people are in the Canada forum. The way that others treat people in certain threads is really disgusting me today.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.