thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries in happiness*

I can't believe this... I have NEVER had a job come along so easily...

Big congrats your way!

That's wonderful Necrotica!! Congrats :thumbs:

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Necrotica, I am just so pleased for you! Congratulations!! :dance:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Thank you so much, everyone!!!

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries in happiness*

I can't believe this... I have NEVER had a job come along so easily...

You can't outrun your fate, if something is going to happen, it's going to happen. CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning everyone - so what is everyone up to this weekend?

tims.jpg

yay tim horton coffee! :dance:

good morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

*BIG YAWN* Good morning everybody! Home again...but missing NS. Came home with two cans of Timmies, a bottle of wine from Lunenberg County Winery (a nice blueberry), and Joel's mom completely spoiled Anna...bought this child more clothes than she'll ever wear! Still...it was a tough one waking up in Georgia this morning. Joel has mixed feelings...he's glad to be home but it's really hit him how far away everyone is. Poor baby, he had to be at work at 7am this morning. *sigh*

Marilyn...so sorry about the job...I do hope something else comes along. I do think it would help you too. (F)

Necrotica...glad to hear about your success! Hope this one works out to be the perfect job for you. :)

Emancipation...glad to hear you're home again and had a great time on your trip home as well. Sure is hard though, leaving family behind. And this heat...OMG...when we left NS, it was a very nice 80 degrees Fwith such a nice cool wind a blowin'...only to arrive in Atlanta to a blistering 96 degrees. UGH.

Everyone else...missed y'all and missed keeping up with things on VJ. I guess tomorrow I'll go back and read through things. As soon as we get pics uploaded I'll share a few. Joel's Tante Lucy is a photographer and she made a lot of pics for us on our anniversary and of the whole family. This woman is magical!

It's good to be home, but....

y'know that feeling???

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Thanks for the coffee Charles!

So, we got the paper today - i'm reading the front page and there is an article about some decision regarding having the right to have a concealed weapon in your glove box, even if your employer doesn't like it. (I personally can't imagine even thinking about something like that - but whatever).

Anyway, the gist of the article is that Disney has decided that they are exempt from the ruling - for whatever reason - I didn't finish reading the article.

In the second paragraph of the article Mike Thomas says:

"The 400-pound tourists careening around in rented cattle carts are what scare me".

(as opposed to the gun toters)

I'm reading this and thinking, why would they print this trash on the front page of a newspaper, who is this guy and - etc etc.

Now this is not to say that there aren't poorly thought out and written articles in Canadian newspapers, there are, in fact I was reading a questionable letter from an MP to the Calgary Herald just yesterday.

The thing is, the 'journalist' takes a swipe at a group of people for absolutely no reason, what do overweight people at Disney have to do with people having hand guns in their glove boxes?

Seems like it might be letter to the Editor time :hehe:

Timeline

So, we got the paper today - i'm reading the front page and there is an article about some decision regarding having the right to have a concealed weapon in your glove box, even if your employer doesn't like it. (I personally can't imagine even thinking about something like that - but whatever).

Anyway, the gist of the article is that Disney has decided that they are exempt from the ruling - for whatever reason - I didn't finish reading the article.

"The 400-pound tourists careening around in rented cattle carts are what scare me".

I'm reading this and thinking, why would they print this trash on the front page of a newspaper, who is this guy and - etc etc.

Now this is not to say that there aren't poorly thought out and written articles in Canadian newspapers, there are, in fact I was reading a questionable letter from an MP to the Calgary Herald just yesterday.

The thing is, the 'journalist' takes a swipe at a group of people for absolutely no reason, what do overweight people at Disney have to do with people having hand guns in their glove boxes?

I'm missing the connection too Trailmix - concealed guns and overweight rental car driving tourists - surely there's a connection?!

I used to write LTTE all the time about ol' Ralphie Klein - never made it to print though - I think they had such an assortment to choose from each day.

Filed: Timeline

Welcome back, Karen! SO glad you had a wonderful time, and that they had a chance to spoil the grandchild. That's awesome. lol

I'm missing the connection too Trailmix - concealed guns and overweight rental car driving tourists - surely there's a connection?!

I used to write LTTE all the time about ol' Ralphie Klein - never made it to print though - I think they had such an assortment to choose from each day.

:lol:

Can you believe that #######? What a moron. Disney is exempt because they have an explosives permit (for the fireworks), so it's obviously a dangerous situation.... explosives or no explosives. There sure are some crazies in this world.

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

These are just a couple of our favourites. Joel's Tante Lucy is a photographer and this was her gift to us.

JoelandKarenanniversary163done.jpg

JoelandKarenanniversary147done.jpg

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.