thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Finishing up some last minute packing...waiting on Joel to get home. Then we're off...gonna spend the night at a hotel near the airport so we don't have to make a mad dash, two hour drive to the airport in the morning. :D

I'm all jittery inside! We're going home!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!! have a wonderful wonderful time!!!!!!! Wish I was going with you. :) Not Emancipation, as Krikit already called shotgun. :P

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

have a safe trip karen

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Good morning all!

Well when it got dark last night we could hear fireworks so we mosied on out to the lake area at the back of the building and there were people on both sides of the lake with fireworks.

It was really nice!

coffeeandcake.jpg

Timeline
So today my husband got a new apartment and are finally moving out. 2 weeks. FINALLY!

Congrats Sprailenes!

Wow, big thunder/lightning here - seriously loud thunder!

Seeing as where krikit is they seems to get worse storms lately, she is prob paddling down the street in a boat right now!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've always found this a useful adjunct to the weather channels: http://thunderstorm.vaisala.com/explorer.html It shows you wherever there is lightning going on across the country and refreshes every few minutes. It helps to show you if you are in for a long haul of storms or it will be overly quickly. Right now the south is a mess of lightning and thunder - we have been having almost non-stop 'mumbling' all afternoon broken by bits of thunderstorm or bits of sunlight. We need the rain so I hope we get more of it - mostly it has just be dry and thundering.

(And to harken back to the other thread about how to know you are in Canada, yeah, we Canadians do have a thing about weather! I guess it comes from growing up with four distinct seasons - sometimes in the same day!)

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My dog is traumatized from the fireworks we set off the other night. He hid in a corner and shook while they were going off- the next morning I opened the back door to let him out and he ran and hid in the bedroom. He will go out there if Mel and I both go outside and then coax him out but he never once scratched at the door yesterday when he needed to go out.

I have never seen anything bother him like this before. He has no problem with thunderstorms. I have seen him jump a few times with loud noises- but he recovers quickly. I had never seen him shake with fear before.

I'm worried about my boo boo :(

Filed: Timeline
So today my husband got a new apartment and are finally moving out. 2 weeks. FINALLY!

Yaaaaay!!! :dance: Congratulations Sprailenes!

Seeing as where krikit is they seems to get worse storms lately, she is prob paddling down the street in a boat right now!!

I think it's because we live on the highest point in Florida. So when the storm hits the mountain, all hell breaks loose. :hehe:

My dog is traumatized from the fireworks we set off the other night. He hid in a corner and shook while they were going off- the next morning I opened the back door to let him out and he ran and hid in the bedroom. He will go out there if Mel and I both go outside and then coax him out but he never once scratched at the door yesterday when he needed to go out.

I have never seen anything bother him like this before. He has no problem with thunderstorms. I have seen him jump a few times with loud noises- but he recovers quickly. I had never seen him shake with fear before.

Awwwww. Poor puppy. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

Yaaaaay!!! :dance: Congratulations Sprailenes!

I think it's because we live on the highest point in Florida. So when the storm hits the mountain, all hell breaks loose. :hehe:

That last line sounds like a good song line, you should write a Florida song!! I didn't know Mt Dora was the highest point in Florida!

Well as it is warm here today, as it is every day, iced coffee is on offer, if you prefer yours warm, remove the ice and put it in the microwave :hehe:

28389-hi-Iced.jpg

Timeline
I didn't know Mt Dora was the highest point in Florida!

They have reallly stupid t-shirts in the shops in town which say "I climbed Mt Dora". Which is totally my sense of humour considering Mt Dora is only 184 ft above sea level. :lol:

That's hilarious :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning everyone.

trailmix, doesn't all coffee in canada turn into iced coffee before too long? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Aww, poor puppy! Yes, I can appreciate your worry - my cats are the same and I try to be home if I know there are going to be fireworks - they race around growling then hide under the lowest bed in the house, growling and wide-eyed. It takes them some time to calm down afterwards. For the next two days, even, they are still stressed out - even to the point that someone starting a lawn mower up outside bothers them and they race again under the bed, growling. Your puppy literally is traumatized by the noise. It will take him some time to get over it. It is a new experience and it made his home feel unsafe to him. It was also unexpected - it happened without warning. Thunderstorms often bring with them pressure changes and environmental differences that animals can sense - but this happened with no warning and he didn't understand what was going on. Be very reassuring to him - try and hold him and cuddle him as much as you can. Be very patient and reassuring and allow him to be clingy over the next little while. There is a product that is available that you might find useful - I will find the link and post it for you. It will probably take a few days before he begins to relax and feel safe again, but he may well revert to his traumatized stage at other loud noises. It may be something that he never really gets used to :( .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Timeline

For MissStacey,

This isn't the item I was looking for but it does have a lot of useful information. Apparently trying to reassure a dog that is frightened during a thunderstorm or fireworks just confirms for him it is right to be afraid - interesting.

http://www.dogsonly.org/StormFear.html

and here: http://www.k9centre.co.uk/fireworks.php which mentions the product I was thinking of - DAP, Dog Appeasing Pheromone - which is available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rs=105...%2Cn%3A12923371

Good luck

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

:D Having a wonderful time here in Pubnico! We had a family/friends get together today...lots of family, family pictures, and lots of food. Tomorrow is our 2nd anniversary and we're going to his parent's cottage by the lake...Joel's parents are babysitting so we get to spend the night there. *sigh* It is heaven being home again...even though technically I'm not Canadian (merely an honourary one). First stop out of Halifax airport was...TIMMY'S!!! :D Anywho, it's late here and we are bushed! It was a long day but a very enjoyable one.

Y'all take care now, y'heah!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.