thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning everyone. and happy canada day! :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the Canada Day coffee, Carla. You reminded me to email my sister.... it's her birthday today. I told her she was getting a visit from me as her prezzie. :lol: I had sent her a b'day card which said:

Do your boobs hang low, do they wobble to and fro

Can you throw them over your shoulder

Like a continental soldier.....

That song's not so funny anymore.

And inside was a Maxine poster where she's in the lingerie department asking for a 36 long.

:lol:

:lol::lol::lol: ahhhhh tooo funny!!

Happy Canada Day everyone

bellbeaver269x253.jpg

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline

OMG, Trailmix..... ou est Topo Gigio? :(

So I was on the phone with my sister in England and we're finalizing reservations and I'm saying 'my daughter must not be at work today because she's not responding to her emails.' My sister says "Well, it's Canada Day. Isn't her office closed?" :bonk:

:blush:

Does anyone else have a problem with MSN Messenger causing the blue screen of death? I have to keep uninstalling it because it happens every time I download it. I use Windows XP.

iagree.gif

Timeline

No problems on MSN. And me (and my parents) use XP

awesome free anti virus online scanner--AND-- it fixes the problems(where many find the problems, then make ya pay to fix them) http://www.bitdefender.com/

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Have a good trip back tomorrow Flames! :thumbs:

Thanks! get home at 2220. Then on the road in the morning for Newport RI to celebrate the 4th!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I broke down crying tonight.. :crying:

we were watching America's got Talent and this little girl came on with dark drown hair and big brown eyes... my thoughts immediately went to our daughter Katelyn.. I was thinking that might have been how she might have looked... :crying: the girl on the show was the most adorable thing...

hubby mentioned after that her name was Kaitlyn :o I hadn't even noticed right a ways..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Marilyn)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Kaitlyn was adorable - and I am sure your Katelyn would have been as well. Sometimes something special like this comes along and touches our hearts.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Morning all!!

I'm waiting for Hubby to come online.. GAHHHH it seems like forever since those days when we were apart and I'd be staring at MSN waiting for him to log on after work etc. (He's in Brunei right now working)..

WHERE IS HE?????? :wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Morning all!!

I'm waiting for Hubby to come online.. GAHHHH it seems like forever since those days when we were apart and I'd be staring at MSN waiting for him to log on after work etc. (He's in Brunei right now working)..

He went to Brunei without you??? :wow:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Awwwww. Big hugs, Marilyn. post-21394-1214999104.gif And one for you, too, E. :)

Good morning everybody. I just had the receptionist at my chiropractor's office be really rude to me.... so I said "I don't understand why you are being so rude." ..... because it hurt my feelings. :( She said that it was her attempt to be funny and she apologized a number of times. But she was definitely not trying to be funny. She was being passive aggressive and trying to pass it off as a joke. Not nice. :angry:

*Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.* :whistle:

iagree.gif

Timeline
Morning all!!

He went to Brunei without you??? :wow:

He's working on this trip I'm afraid. His ticket (work paid) cost 7500.00$ - no way I could go with!!

Awwwww. Big hugs, Marilyn. post-21394-1214999104.gif And one for you, too, E. :)

Good morning everybody. I just had the receptionist at my chiropractor's office be really rude to me.... so I said "I don't understand why you are being so rude." ..... because it hurt my feelings. :( She said that it was her attempt to be funny and she apologized a number of times. But she was definitely not trying to be funny. She was being passive aggressive and trying to pass it off as a joke. Not nice. :angry:

*Happy thoughts. Think happy thoughts.* :whistle:

Awe.. thanks Krikit!! Good for you for calling her out on it though!!! :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.