thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Well Karen, that's kind of disappointing for you though, no doubt. I'm sure something else will come along and you will be saying WOW, glad I didn't get that other job :thumbs:

I hope so...but I also know things happen for a reason. There are a few positions open in the county we live in now and I've applied there as well. All I need to do is get the background permission signed and notarised. Either that or I'm seriously thinking of going back to school and brushing up on the drafting skills I had years ago, before I went into education.

I am kind of getting tired of the mentality some people have in the OT.... :wacko:

Oh I know what you mean...it's rare that I post anything in that particular OT...and IF I post anything, it's usually in a neutral thread. Which as you and I both know those threads are few and far between....and can most of the time become an outright flame war.

Sister Marylin.... for having mentality they would need a mind..... ;)

HUGS sister! Glad to see you back! (F)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I have no freakin energy to do anything lately.. actually this has been gong on for the last while....

like right now I know I should clean our place but I have no energy or desire to do it.. :wacko:

:crying:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm sorry that job hasn't worked out- yet, Karen:-). In the meantime, enjoy your vacation and maybe there will be some good news waiting for you when you get back.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline
News flash re shreddies - upon reflection I see these are spoon size shredded wheat as opposed to shreddies.

:o:bonk:

Yes, where is the krikit!

Yeah, sorry about that. Sometimes I just can't be bothered to be on the computer. Plus I was getting way behind in the things I needed to do here, so I decided to do that instead. I find once I log onto VJ I can't seem to leave it. :blink:

Is this true? You have to fill out a W9 to open a bank account?

She's full of #######. I didn't have to fill out a W9..... whatever that is.

Howdy from Calgary!! Weather has been cool (like +15 C as a high) but love it, soo much better than 100F with humidity!! And I'm chugging down tims,lol 0935 and I have already had 2 XL triple cream,lol had 3 on my first day,lol. Nice to see peope walking around the stores with their timmys,lol

Whooooooo!!!!! :dance: I like when VJ friends are in Canada. It kinda makes me feel like I am too. :lol: Is that weird? :unsure:

I just need to say that in 722 hours Patrick will be here.

Well, technically he'll be in Canada, but we'll be together :)

:dance:

AWWWWWWW, Jun. That is Sooooooo NICE. (F)

Well, I didn't get the job. I was second in line though. I suppose that should be some consolation. They did say if this one doesn't work out, they would call me. *sigh* Tnanks to all that wished me well. I still have my teaching job so all is not lost. Something else will come around I'm sure...if it's meant to be. :)

Second in line! That is Excellent!! That means they'll have you first on their list for when another opening becomes available. Whooo! Good work, Karen! You deserve a gold star. :star:

I am kind of getting tired of the mentality some people have in the OT.... :wacko:

Oh I know what you mean...it's rare that I post anything in that particular OT...and IF I post anything, it's usually in a neutral thread. Which as you and I both know those threads are few and far between....and can most of the time become an outright flame war.

Sister Marylin.... for having mentality they would need a mind..... ;)

Yeah..... there are a lot of idiots in OT. Do you have links? :devil:

And BTW, Len..... so nice to see you back! Hope you are keeping well. :)

iagree.gif

Timeline
Thanks peepz. I was just taking a very well deserved sabbatical from VJ; but I'm around.

Sunny in Seattle.... who would have known that was possible???? :dance:

I was getting worried that I'd have nobody to harass unmercifully. :devil: Welcome back Sis. :thumbs:

Karen, so sorry you were the salutorian but if things don't work out, you might still get the job and, as Krikit pointed out, you will be on the short list for another opening. :thumbs:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Karen, so sorry you were the salutorian but if things don't work out, you might still get the job and, as Krikit pointed out, you will be on the short list for another opening. :thumbs:

Exactly. :yes:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

welcome back len and krikit who have been off galavanting around, doing things, going shopping blah blah blah.

What you two do not realize is that while you were away you COMPLETELY missed the butter vs margarine poll <_<

welcome back len and krikit who have been off galavanting around, doing things, going shopping blah blah blah.

What you two do not realize is that while you were away you COMPLETELY missed the butter vs margarine poll <_<

Now THAT should be punishable by law... missing the poll, that is. though it must be said that, if you EVER invite my brother to your house (which would already say something about your own sanity), you might want to hide all types of buttery ointment.... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Now THAT should be punishable by law... missing the poll, that is. though it must be said that, if you EVER invite my brother to your house (which would already say something about your own sanity), you might want to hide all types of buttery ointment.... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

We already invited him! He's coming over for dinner Friday night. :thumbs:

Oh my, oh my... well; make sure you chain all your kitchen gadgets... he kind of has had a couple of very publicized episodes running around people houses' nekkid with the butter and a egg whisker :blink:

Don't say you were not warned. :rofl:

On a second thought... how come Mumsie gets invited and I am not?????? :cry:

Edited by Len_and_Bren

Timeline

Now THAT should be punishable by law... missing the poll, that is. though it must be said that, if you EVER invite my brother to your house (which would already say something about your own sanity), you might want to hide all types of buttery ointment.... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Oh my, oh my... well; make sure you chain all your kitchen gadgets... he kind of has had a couple of very publicized episodes running around people houses' nekkid with the butter and a egg whisker :blink:

My winning personality. :lol: Trailmix knows better than to invite over someone who whips up a souffle with actual bullwhip. :lol: Seriously Sis, you should stop chanting Ave Satani every time you make devilled eggs. :devil:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Now THAT should be punishable by law... missing the poll, that is. though it must be said that, if you EVER invite my brother to your house (which would already say something about your own sanity), you might want to hide all types of buttery ointment.... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

My winning personality. :lol: Trailmix knows better than to invite over someone who whips up a souffle with actual bullwhip. :lol: Seriously Sis, you should stop chanting Ave Satani every time you make devilled eggs. :devil:

HEY YOU :angry: Here, have a cookie.... :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.