thetreble

Off Topic Forum...

8,274 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats Karen :thumbs: - nail the interview and see how it feels after that. You might really like what they have to say during the interview which makes your school schedule easier to give up. Or they might say something during the interview that makes you want to stay where you're at. More $$$ is always nice though.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

FABULOUS, Karen! :dance:

Oh, you are SO prepared for this! You not only have the experience with the teaching, you've also got your own personal experience to draw on!

This is just the thing you need. You'll be able to get out and about and meet people and offer encouragement. Counselling and training draws on your teaching skills. It sounds like you are burning out in your teaching position, and that is not a good place to be. Think of this position as a stepping stone to further advancements in your career. If you don't like it, you can go back to your teaching regimen. This would not be coming to you if you weren't ready for it. I'd go for it! You can do iiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!! post-21394-1212952732.gif

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the positive encouragement...I really NEED it. Yes, I can always go back to teaching...I think right now my nervousness is due to me feeling that my school job is my "security blanket"...it's all I've done for 13 years. I know I can do this job, I guess it's the thought of doing something different after doing the same thing for so long. More money is always a good thing and it's 6 miles from home...not 10. Joel is very excited for me too! Whew...now to chew my nails until this interview on Thursday. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Karen you are in a great position, you have something you like already so don't stress over this one. I know what you mean on the interview thing as I too need to get my a$$ in gear and get seriously looking for a job, but alas I am the ultimate PROCRASTINATOR truely I am lol. Actually I am trying to get a job as a secretary in a school hopefully 10 month or 11 month position so I can have lots of holidays off, but having never worked in a school don't know if that is possible, time will tell.

Good luck on the interview and I know you will knock em dead.

Edited by Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
FABULOUS, Karen! :dance:

Oh, you are SO prepared for this! You not only have the experience with the teaching, you've also got your own personal experience to draw on!

This is just the thing you need. You'll be able to get out and about and meet people and offer encouragement. Counselling and training draws on your teaching skills. It sounds like you are burning out in your teaching position, and that is not a good place to be. Think of this position as a stepping stone to further advancements in your career. If you don't like it, you can go back to your teaching regimen. This would not be coming to you if you weren't ready for it. I'd go for it! You can do iiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!! post-21394-1212952732.gif

What Krikit said! :yes: I am excited for you!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

Oh good news! I know how frustrating you have found the teaching lately - and this seems to be a perfect marriage of your skills and desires. I think you would really be good at this. I know that it is scary to reach out of your comfort zone, but that is the way we grow and I think you are ready for growth. If Joel can reach out of his comfort zone and come south to marry you - and you know how great that has turned out - you can also step outside of your comfort zone, too:-). Good luck at the interview - just be yourself, you'll do fine. Remember, she is just as eager to find the right person to fill this job as you are to impress her that you are the right person - she isn't an 'opponent' and the interview isn't an exam - she sounds like she is already on your side.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Holy storms!!!

We are experiencing a huge round of severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings in Southern Ontario.

The lady on the weather network scared me!

She was all "IF YOU ARE IN BRANTFORD, GO TO YOUR BASEMENT"

:o

Scary!!!

We just got another round and more is coming.

I love storms but it's scary!!

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Holy storms!!!

We are experiencing a huge round of severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings in Southern Ontario.

Scary!!!

I was flipping thru channels and the weather gal said that it's expected within TO in the next half hour

Timeline

7/11/2007 - I-130 NO1A Hard Copy

8/13/2007 - Son Drayson born in Sudbury, Ontario.

9/6/2007 - I-129F NO1

10/15/2007 - Trip to Toronto for Dray's Consular Birth Abroad, SS application, and US passport

3/18/2008 - NOA2 for both I-129 and I-130!! No touches or email notifications at all!

4/2/2008 - estimated that NVC received

4/9/2008 - estimated that K-3 was sent from NVC to USEMontreal

4/16/2008 - Received hardcopy from NVC

4/16/2008 - Packet 3 Received

4/24/2008 - Packet 3 Sent to USEMontreal

7/14/2008 Interview in Montreal!!!!

7/17/2008 Visa received

7/18/2008 POE Sault Ste Marie Michigan

8/21/2008 moving day...back to Anchorage, Alaska!

4/20/2009 AOS granted, 10 year Green Card arrives, Social Security # given :)

Holy storms!!!

Scary!!!

I was flipping thru channels and the weather gal said that it's expected within TO in the next half hour

Yep, it is.

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Holy storms!!!

Scary!!!

It's not that bad, but since I've seen a funnel cloud forming above me (didn't touch down) before I have some idea when I should be scared. Hope you remembered to get a surge protector for you computer in case of a lightning strike. I've never been hit by lightning, came close once but it didn't hit me, saw the pink plasma though. Storms are kewl but the damage they cause isn't. :crying:

BTW, if know or strongly suspect a tornado is coming, get in to the basement but open all the windows in the house first to prevent explosive decompression. It once saved Mom's house, so it does work.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Be safe up there - everyone! IR5FORMUMSIE, thank you for the good advice - I have never heard that before but it makes a lot of sense - the pressure changes in tornadoes is incredible.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Karen, how exciting - but I can understand your being nervous. I understand what you are saying, asking all these questions when you haven't even gone to the interview yet, but that's normal!

Another thing to consider, if you decide this is right for you, since the $$ are greater maybe you would have the option of working there part time in the future. :thumbs:

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
77.50 to go see new kids on the block! #######!??? :blink:

Talk about cashing in on the past.

i am totally still going i dont care

hehe you sound like my friend who sat for an hour and tried to get free tickets that the local radio station was offering! Methinks she still gonna go too!

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
77.50 to go see new kids on the block! #######!??? :blink:

Talk about cashing in on the past.

i am totally still going i dont care

Blockhead. :lol:

*secretly horrified that he remembers the names of NKOTB* :o

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.